Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
Visor swings too easy. Have it pulled out/back when sun is at 9 o'clock, make a plain old slow left hand turn and it SWINGS and hit's me in the head. WTH? I do like that it CAN be pulled out.

Sits to low to the ground. I can't be the only one who hates all the much taller vehicles with headlights 8 - 12 inches HIGHER then my eyeballs! I'm no longer enjoying driving in the dark. Then their lights are poorly aimed, across the road INTO oncoming traffic.Well that's not a Mustang issue.
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Visor swings too easy.
And mine is super hard; I'm even afraid it might break. The passenger one is fine. Hope it 'breaks in' over time; we'll see. Try to get yours replaced under warranty, but since it's probably a lot more expensive due to the Homelink, I bet Ford will balk at that, and just say it's 'normal'. But it's not. As far as I know, there's no adjusting screw or bolt for them. When I removed them to get rid of the airbag decals, didn't see anything. But forgot to scrutinize it, and see if I could do anything about that. They might just be friction fit. Remove it, and please let us know if you found a way to tighten the arm to the base. Good luck.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Visor swings too easy. Have it pulled out/back when sun is at 9 o'clock, make a plain old slow left hand turn and it SWINGS and hit's me in the head. WTH? I do like that it CAN be pulled out.

Sits to low to the ground. I can't be the only one who hates all the much taller vehicles with headlights 8 - 12 inches HIGHER then my eyeballs! I'm no longer enjoying driving in the dark. Then their lights are poorly aimed, across the road INTO oncoming traffic.Well that's not a Mustang issue.
Get your windshield tinted. It does more than you think.

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
Remove it, and please let us know if you found a way to tighten the arm to the base.
I may look into this. But I'm lazy and don't see me doing it soon.

Get your windshield tinted.
99% of the time my visor is already down against the windshield.

You mean side windows? That when it swings and hits my head, as it's against the side window late in the day driving home from work. I'm guessing do to the fact it's pulled out and has more leverage?? IDK.
Tinting in New York can be done, just not real dark. Then again I don't want real dark.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I put the locking lugnuts that came with the car on today and they stick out too far. I had similar ones on my 2014 mustang except they were the same length as the regular lugnuts. Even worse, the key for them requires a different sized socket than the regular lugnuts. Every time I take off the wheels I’m going to be irritated.
So strange. The locking ones that came with mine in Europe, also a 2020, stick out less than the non-locking ones if anything, and the key uses the same 21mm socket as the non-locking ones.

Sponsored

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
No memory seat (EU non-Recaro). Every time someone has to come aboard or when I leave the car to car washer I have to adjust the damn thing for another hour to find my right spot every time, it's so annoying. A 2019 vehicle with fully electric seats and even ventilated, how's possible?

Access to the trunk is so tiny compared to the trunk size, they could have used tens solution to make it better.. but the engineers were sleeping, I have to enter my scuba gear (big) bag from inside the car by tilting the seats... so stupid!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
No memory seat (EU non-Recaro). Every time someone has to come aboard or when I leave the car to car washer I have to adjust the damn thing for another hour to find my right spot every time, it's so annoying. A 2019 vehicle with fully electric seats and even ventilated, how's possible?
Do the Recaros have a seatback release on the back? If so, don't move the whole seat but use that to let people in rather than the adjustment lever so the adjustment doesn't change.

No memory for the base is God's way of telling you to NEVER let someone else drive or wash your car. Admitting to let someone do that is in the same league as using 87 octane. Sure people do it but, you never admit it.

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
I do not have the Recaro (but vanilla seats) and I have a Bullitt... I would have understood if it was the Recaro (no electric at all), but the seat has every possible adjustment, more than an average car, and no memory? I mean, it's what? A $20 hardware? When I found it I couldn't believe it.

You must be very tiny to enter to the back sit without moving it, and sometime I did... but people where looking at me like: wtf you bought this amazing car and you cannot move the seat? lol

Cemclo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clayton
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
It is, but there was a lot of back and forth play and the adhesive came up.
Damnnn, I was really hoping there were no holes in the middle of the trunk. Makes an aftermarket spoiler much harder to find

TXBlueStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Damnnn, I was really hoping there were no holes in the middle of the trunk. Makes an aftermarket spoiler much harder to find
the MMD V series covers the holes. In fact it uses the factory holes to secure the spoiler in place

Sponsored

Takeshi

Threads
Reaction score
United States : Cali land of the $1 Gas Tax
First Name
Alias: Takeshi
Vehicle(s)
2019 Liquid Shadow 401A PP1 MagneRide Borla ATAK
Why do Recaro seats not come with heated and cooled functionality when were paying $1600 extra :brokenheart:? The Camaro has the Recaros for free with heating, cooling, and power :question: Aside from that they are holding me well and provide good back support.

Cemclo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clayton
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
the MMD V series covers the holes. In fact it uses the factory holes to secure the spoiler in place
I really just want an enlarged version of the pp1 spoiler. But most in the style don’t have the middle pillar. I really like a nice massive sculpted wing rather than the thin aluminum ones

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Why do Recaro seats not come with heated and cooled functionality when were paying $1600 extra?
And not only that, but no power, plus no memory. For all of that, they were an absolute deal-breaker for me. The stock seats are actually better than I thought. However, the cooling functions SUCKS. Actually they're not even cooling; they're ventilated, even if Ford says otherwise. Or it doesn't work on my car. But the worst part is there's no ventilation on the back. Maybe way below, but not where it matters. And I'm not the only one, so it's just the way the seats are designed. We'll see how the heating works in winter, although I don't plan to drive it much with summer tires, so not that important to me (as well as the heated steering wheel). After the PS4Ss, will install UHPA/Ss.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

Alberto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name