Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all,

As some of you may know, I am sending my car to Shelby for the Special Edition, and wide Body packages. I am also getting the over the top stripes, and side stripes painted white. I was asked what color white I would like, so they can complete the order. I can have absolutely ANY paint code I choose, doesn't even have to be a Ford color (although sacrilegious).

I am looking for advice as to what color to go with. I think a metallic color would look good with the metallic in my Ford Performance Blue car, but I am not dead set on this. Do any of you have suggestions as to what color I should go with? Is there a certain color that Ford/Shelby used on the original Shelbys? Is there a certain shade that looks better, as stripes, than others?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. There are many here that have more information than I do, because I have never owned a Shelby, or a car with stripes for that matter, until this one.

Thanks,

Jaime
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I'm a stripeless guy myself but I understand, white stripes matter. Can they do cookies and cream?

Out of curiosity...do they offer anything different than two parallel stripes, ala the SS triple stripes they used to do?

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Hi all,

As some of you may know, I am sending my car to Shelby for the Special Edition, and wide Body packages. I am also getting the over the top stripes, and side stripes painted white. I was asked what color white I would like, so they can complete the order. I can have absolutely ANY paint code I choose, doesn't even have to be a Ford color (although sacrilegious).

I am looking for advice as to what color to go with. I think a metallic color would look good with the metallic in my Ford Performance Blue car, but I am not dead set on this. Do any of you have suggestions as to what color I should go with? Is there a certain color that Ford/Shelby used on the original Shelbys? Is there a certain shade that looks better, as stripes, than others?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. There are many here that have more information than I do, because I have never owned a Shelby, or a car with stripes for that matter, until this one.

Thanks,

Jaime
How do you think wimbeldon white would look...like off white?
Or Oxford... Those are kinda far apart I know, but Id be more curious about Wimbledon

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I am also a stripeless guy. But if I had to i would do the whitest white and with no metallics or pearls. Anything else other than up close and personal can look dirty or dingy from a distance. IMO

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Jaime: Not to go against the grain, but I would go with the same OEM Oxford White in whatever stripe configuration you choose. Personally, I don't think metallic would make you happy over time.

I'd want it to look the way Shelby thinks it should look.

Sponsored

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I think a wimbeldon white would look great, kind of a reverse HEP package

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think a kind of dirtier white such as that of the HEP cars would work well.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a stripeless guy myself but I understand, white stripes matter. Can they do cookies and cream?

Out of curiosity...do they offer anything different than two parallel stripes, ala the SS triple stripes they used to do?
Honestly I do not know, I never asked because I would want the style my car has now. I will ask out of curiosity though. Whit stripes matter just as much as the other .... things....matter in todays text message, lol.

How do you think wimbeldon white would look...like off white?
Or Oxford... Those are kinda far apart I know, but Id be more curious about Wimbledon
I really don't remember what those colors look like, but they are the first two names that came to me when thinking of white colors.

I am also a stripeless guy. But if I had to i would do the whitest white and with no metallics or pearls. Anything else other than up close and personal can look dirty or dingy from a distance. IMO
I think I am feeling this as well.

Jaime: Not to go against the grain, but I would go with the same OEM Oxford White in whatever stripe configuration you choose. Personally, I don't think metallic would make you happy over time.

I'd want it to look the way Shelby thinks it should look.
I also think the metallic isn't the way to go. I wonder what the closest white is called, that is the color of the stock stripes??? Does anyone have access to what paint code Ford uses for the POTT stripes on the snacky packy?

I think a wimbeldon white would look great, kind of a reverse HEP package
Hmmmmm

I think a kind of dirtier white such as that of the HEP cars would work well.
So, the white stripe with "GT500" that I added to my side stripes is whiter than the stock stripes. I am thinking the stock strip might be a Wimbledon ish white.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jmeo said:
White stripes matter just as much as the other .... things....matter in todays text message, lol.
I so want to share that...

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
After what @Epiphany mentioned, I’d tend to agree as the FPB raptor i saw really made me like the color. To me, it lends itself to more matte finishes...and grays also.

If it were me, I’d likely get un-shiny wheels too.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
After what @Epiphany mentioned, I’d tend to agree as the FPB raptor i saw really made me like the color. To me, it lends itself to more matte finishes...and grays also.

If it were me, I’d likely get un-shiny wheels too.
From what I have been told, the wheels come in matte black, or brushed aluminum. BA looks killer on FPB, and I don’t like matte black wheels. They always look like they are buried in brake dust, even when clean.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think I am going with what ever paint code Ford used for the white painted stripes on the CFTP

Edit: Or the white used on the base cars with the golden ticket painted on stripes :sunglasses: @Tomster

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I think I am going with what ever paint code Ford uses on the white painted stripes on the CFTP
Or the white paint code on a golden ticket painted on stripes base car, lol

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)