Sponsored

Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So one the pp1 cars there are 2 gauges on the center dash one is vacuum. you can do anything you want basically with the throttle can get to 70mph and what ever but if you try to give it gas fast and that gauge hits 5 the stuttering and bucking starts. It will even act like its gonna die for a second. I dont have the car but Not sure what a video would do, it would just show exactly what I said :) would just be a video of a car hitting 5 on the vacuum Gauge and then stuttering and bucking LOL. If I get a chance to get back in the car(its not mine and in a different town) ill try to make a video . I appreciate all your help.

And we have checked the harnesses. they are all good and all pins in place. And like you said I think they fixed that some time ago.

As of now the files are at edelbrock and sct. The cars at the dealer and there is even a dyno shop involved... no answer no one seems to know what the issue is.

I told my buddy it might simply be a bad supercharger. These things happen.
Weird as hell I wonder if he will find out what's wrong without a complete teardown of the install.
5 is vaccum on that gauge I think the PP cars don't have a + side on that gauge which would be boost (hence why some people change them out for the ecoburst one).
sound like some electronic nannies aren't doing what they supposed to.
I wouldn't think its the SC, if you look thru the Modular TB opening, you can see there's only the two rotors there.if something is broken there you'd definitely know it!!! lol
Give us a hollar if/when they figure it out!
Sponsored

Memz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Memz
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550
I've thought about doing the same thing, but with a 3.5 (2650) for winter driving. Is there a chart somewhere that shows boost vs pulley size? Does changing it require a retune?
Does anyone see any obvious issues with going from a 3.0 pulley to a 3.25 post tune? Would it run into any issues having less boost, run slightly more rich? Or does it tend to usually throw out the car completely since it’s expecting to see the original boost figures from the 3.0 pulley?

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Does anyone see any obvious issues with going from a 3.0 pulley to a 3.25 post tune? Would it run into any issues having less boost, run slightly more rich? Or does it tend to usually throw out the car completely since it’s expecting to see the original boost figures from the 3.0 pulley?
No the mustang has adaptive logic built in to the ECU. You can run less boost on a given tune and be ok.

Memz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Memz
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550
No the mustang has adaptive logic built in to the ECU. You can run less boost on a given tune and be ok.
Is this something that had to be considered during initial tune or does same logic apply regardless of who tunes it? I would probably be more worried about going for more boost but I’m this case I think I’ll go up to the 3.25 on my 2300 soon to “be safe”

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Is this something that had to be considered during initial tune or does same logic apply regardless of who tunes it? I would probably be more worried about going for more boost but I’m this case I think I’ll go up to the 3.25 on my 2300 soon to “be safe”
The logic is a simple thing, this is what the knock sensors are for. It will reduce timing until the knock is gone. These parameters are all adjustable. The maximum amount of timing can be locked or adjustable.

Your tuner can be asked if it's ok to run less than the max level, for example, Lund will tell you yes and that it does not need a retune (I have asked them).

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've been running a 3.5 on my 2650 since the winter without a retune with no issues. I consulted my tuner prior to making the change just in case. He said go ahead, as long as you don't go to a higher than original boost level. Personally, I like the system better at 9psi. I know it isn't as much power, but the transition is smoother and out-of-boost is more responsive with less drag.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've been running a 3.5 on my 2650 since the winter without a retune with no issues. I consulted my tuner prior to making the change just in case. He said go ahead, as long as you don't go to a higher than original boost level. Personally, I like the system better at 9psi. I know it isn't as much power, but the transition is smoother and out-of-boost is more responsive with less drag.
I'm gonna cosign that, don't do above your max boost on the tune.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Weird as hell I wonder if he will find out what's wrong without a complete teardown of the install.
5 is vaccum on that gauge I think the PP cars don't have a + side on that gauge which would be boost (hence why some people change them out for the ecoburst one).
sound like some electronic nannies aren't doing what they supposed to.
I wouldn't think its the SC, if you look thru the Modular TB opening, you can see there's only the two rotors there.if something is broken there you'd definitely know it!!! lol
Give us a hollar if/when they figure it out!
So if anyone is still interested after 3 trips to the dealer. involving lund, edlebrock, sct and a local place called prodyno. 200 emails. 300 text messages. 3 trips by me to his place to data log and help trouble shoot. The issue was finally found. This is what hey told us. Apparently a person at edlebrock happen to over hear the situation and had heard of 2 other cars with the same problem and just happen to know what it was. At least this is what he was told as it came through the grape vine, s that a fuel line was on backwards? I didnt know they were directional? Anyway what ever this LINE did they turned it around and now the car works perfect.

Anyway if this all helps anyone in the future then I am happy. And the edelbrock runs like a champ hes very happy now. so Now I can catch up on mods on my car since all his money will be going to tires LOL

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So if anyone is still interested after 3 trips to the dealer. involving lund, edlebrock, sct and a local place called prodyno. 200 emails. 300 text messages. 3 trips by me to his place to data log and help trouble shoot. The issue was finally found. This is what hey told us. Apparently a person at edlebrock happen to over hear the situation and had heard of 2 other cars with the same problem and just happen to know what it was. At least this is what he was told as it came through the grape vine, s that a fuel line was on backwards? I didnt know they were directional? Anyway what ever this LINE did they turned it around and now the car works perfect.

Anyway if this all helps anyone in the future then I am happy. And the edelbrock runs like a champ hes very happy now. so Now I can catch up on mods on my car since all his money will be going to tires LOL
Huh? Lol the only fuel line that is user configurable is the crossover at the back or the rails. Wow. I'd like to know what fuel line he meant or was it the quick disconnect fittings for the port and di side that was switched?

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Huh? Lol the only fuel line that is user configurable is the crossover at the back or the rails. Wow. I'd like to know what fuel line he meant or was it the quick disconnect fittings for the port and di side that was switched?
I think it's the quick dis connects they are different sizes

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Honestly I dont know, and you know ow this stuff is , it could have been something more but they didnt want to admit it. At end of day My buddy was so happy his car was ok he didn't even ask any more questions. I think he said they said it was on drivers side if that helps.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Honestly I dont know, and you know ow this stuff is , it could have been something more but they didnt want to admit it. At end of day My buddy was so happy his car was ok he didn't even ask any more questions. I think he said they said it was on drivers side if that helps.
Glad it runs like it should now.... Probably run like a scalded dog

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Is there any sort of check valve in any of those lines? Flows one way and closes the other?

glad it’s working now!

Huge relief I bet!!!

congrats!
Sponsored