Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

77Highboy77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
i ordered a gt350 from ebay came in looks decent.also no template for drilling but i just watched the cjpony parts video of gt350 wing install so ill use that as a template
That wing looks good. Which seller did you buy it through and how do you feel about the paint quality? I've been wanting to get a wing for mine, though don't want to go through the trouble of getting one painted by a shop.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Any reason why I couldn't replace those without removing the bar from the car? It's a non-PP. Seems like I could just remove the 2 bolts holding each bracket. And any specific grease?
I ordered polyurethan replacements, and just removed the brackets/caps, greased them up, and put them in there. The poly bushings came with the grease in little packets. Instant relief from that creaking and groaning. And FYI, the stock bushings looked ok, but weren't.

BUT.....this was on a 2012. I'm completely and utterly guessing on it being the same thing for your car. Do non-PP cars even have rear anti-sway bars?

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
Coated car with Avalon King ceramic coating. Process took about 15 hours start to finish. I put 2 coats on and am really pleased with how it turned out.
20200730_211644.jpg
20200730_211611.jpg

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
Pulled out the baffles in my Roush quad tip exhaust. BIG difference! Not annoying cruising in the higher gears, but cold start and getting on it is a good kind of loud!

Sponsored

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
I ordered polyurethan replacements, and just removed the brackets/caps, greased them up, and put them in there. The poly bushings came with the grease in little packets. Instant relief from that creaking and groaning. And FYI, the stock bushings looked ok, but weren't.

BUT.....this was on a 2012. I'm completely and utterly guessing on it being the same thing for your car. Do non-PP cars even have rear anti-sway bars?
Well I took them off this weekend and cleaned, greased, and reinstalled, but the noise is still there.

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
Coated car with Avalon King ceramic coating. Process took about 15 hours start to finish. I put 2 coats on and am really pleased with how it turned out.
20200730_211644.jpg
20200730_211611.jpg
Did you use it on windshield as well?

Looks great!

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
Did you use it on windshield as well?

Looks great!
Thanks. Yes put a single coat on the headlights taillights and all the glass.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Well I took them off this weekend and cleaned, greased, and reinstalled, but the noise is still there.
I was thinking actually replacing them. They can look fine, but be toast. But it's just a guess.

For $20 or so, getting some poly replacements will at least tighten up the rear end a bit. Nothing to lose, really.

Solteka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wai
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost 10A
8/5/2020:

I changed the oil and oil filter on my EB Mustang today after 4000 miles (odo is 16,509 miles), also rotated the tires (back to front on both sides). During the oil change I noticed quite a bit of carbon soot on the oil drain plug, I did the oil change after a spirited drive to get the engine nice and hot.

Sponsored

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Earlier this week, I added FTR splitter rods to my ZL1 Addons splitter. They are mounted to the crash bar. Getting ready for Trackcross this weekend
upload_2020-7-7_16-18-30-jpeg.jpg

upload_2020-7-7_16-18-7-jpeg.jpg

How is the quality of the ZL1 splitter? Worth the price over the eBay ones?

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
How is the quality of the ZL1 splitter? Worth the price over the eBay ones?
Never seen eBay splitters in person but top quality. I’m most likely going to buy another one in the event I crack it. But it’s thick and truly flat and it keeps the car planted.

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Never seen eBay splitters in person but top quality. I’m most likely going to buy another one in the event I crack it. But it’s thick and truly flat and it keeps the car planted.
Do you think it would be safe to run without the rods? I don’t do any tracking, not a daily driver and I would most likely not exceed 90 MPH.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Do you think it would be safe to run without the rods? I don’t do any tracking, not a daily driver and I would most likely not exceed 90 MPH.
Oh definitely. I dont know how comfortable you are taking off your bumper but I added 4 larger bolts to each side for better reinforcement before I got the rods. I know @Bluemustang did 3 events without any extra bolts and rods.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Oh definitely. I dont know how comfortable you are taking off your bumper but I added 4 larger bolts to each side for better reinforcement before I got the rods. I know @Bluemustang did 3 events without any extra bolts and rods.
Agreed, I did a hard-mount into the front crash beams with a -1.5 degree angle without the support rods and it did add some front end grip compared to my previous track day 2 weeks prior. I also hung about 70 lbs of weight off the front without any flex.

I'll do an in-depth re-cap of that install on my youtube soon for anyone that's interested.

I also have a set of un-used support rods if anyone is looking for a pair.

IMG_3150.jpg

-T
Sponsored