Sponsored

Anybody buying this media fueled COVID-19 bull schitt?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Bucky, running your mouth again, the EPA rule would have put EVERY manufacturer of any part used that would possibly affect emissions of any car produced regulated by the EPA for ANY REASON INCLUDING RACING out of business. Shops can't sell you a part that doesn't exist because THEY AREN"T FUCKING IN BUSINESS ANYMORE! You may ask yourself, would the greenies really shut down the entire multi-billion dollar aftermarket parts industry?????? Does Green New Deal ring a bell?

So you better have money to buy the horsepower you like in factory new condition because the only thing you will be installing is different wheels.
I assume “running your mouth” is a synonym for “presenting an argument that uses historical evidence to provoke thought”. Thanks. I’ll keep doing it whenever you need it.
The point I was making (that you appear to have entirely missed) was that when these electric cars become the norm, instead of buying headers, you’ll be buying a more efficient battery or a more powerful motor or motors to drive it etc etc.
Your speed shop will adapt or go extinct.
Are you crying tears for all the jobs and trades that have dwindled into obscurity as a result of progress?
How many blacksmiths do you know?
Candlemakers?
Milkmen?
Robots were going to put us all out of jobs too but somehow an entire industry sprung up around them, everything from programming to R&D to simple servicing.
100 years ago nobody was employed in IT.
Maybe think about it a little bit before clinging to the past with a sense of nostalgia.
Personally, I’ll miss the sound of a V8 but the appeal of a completely abundant and linear torque curve, coupled with a perfectly linear throttle and a driveline that can produce all kinds of interesting and complex arrangements is kind of appealing as a driver and modder.
Imagine not needing a differential anymore because you can drive the outside wheels at a different speed to the inside wheels...or being able to make the wheels counter-rotate for some truly interesting drifting/burnout fun...or being able to relocate the batteries to alter the weight distribution...
Imagine being able to achieve ground clearance in a 4wd that was previously unthinkable...or not needing a snorkel for water-crossings cos you no longer need oxygen to feed it...no fan-belt to remove or any of those other things that currently place limitations on use.

Yeah, it all sounds absolutely horrific in the long run.

Now, if you could tell me more about “the EPA rule” that will seek to prevent people from racing these electric vehicles, I’d really like to see the proposal. Again, historically speaking, racing has been precisely what has driven most of the increases in efficiency and technology that we see in our cars today, so I think it’s somewhat unlikely that they’d seek to prevent that from taking place, but I’m not privy to the specifics of what you’re referring to. So please, link me to the document.
Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
so having your government kill 156k (and rising fast) of its own people is ok as long as it allows modifications to your car? That being said, unless the US changes it's health policies it wont need the EPA to reduce emissions because most of the emissions will be coming from the corpses from this current outbreak who lets be honest can't help but decompose and emit.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
so having your government kill 156k (and rising fast) of its own people is ok as long as it allows modifications to your car? That being said, unless the US changes it's health policies it wont need the EPA to reduce emissions because most of the emissions will be coming from the corpses from this current outbreak who lets be honest can't help but decompose and emit.
Dumbest post of the year.

Sponsored

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
That ain’t happening and you know it, so stop with the alarmist rant.
It already happened once and was only barely reversed. If Biden wins and the D's take the house and senate, hope people have an AEM or other engine computer.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Yeah, I'm going to trust corporations (cough Volkswagon) to do the right thing, rather than an agency that has hundreds of professionals in their field with hundreds of years of experience. I'll give up some of my toys for brand new technologies that aren't out to destroy our planet for short term growth. Because in the long term I'd rather have future generations be able to live in a better environment than I did.

Do I need to start providing charts on how our land, water, and air are dramatically cleaner now than when compared to the pre-EPA ear? Just ask yourself, when was the last time the Cuyahoga River caught fire.

Seriously, it's like these guys have never taken a history or science class. They seriously believe it is the EPA who is out to stop polluting corporations from saving the earth once and for all, lmao.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
thanks weather man - it took some effort to beat the shit you were posting :rockon:

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
QFE. His post screams ignore me.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
Another reason why Tesla stock is $1,500/share and FORD IS $6. It is what it is
Irrational exuberance, but I am all for the savvy investor making hay while the sun shines.

Sponsored

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Warning:
Do not let your dislike of Trump to blind you about what is actually going on.
This exhibition will not work. It will be destructive to our country.
There are brave democrats who see this happening and do NOT want this.
I believe as difficult as it may be, they will not allow this degeneration to continue.
The things we see with our own eyes are INFINATELY more important than anything Trump says.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
Europeans appear restless.

01bfb14a90eb38bdff06467df3c6b147becb4b61.jpg

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Europeans appear restless.

01bfb14a90eb38bdff06467df3c6b147becb4b61.jpg
No mention of it in the fake news...
Let’s see..
https://www.theguardian.com/world/v...s-march-in-berlin-anti-lockdown-protest-video

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/01/world/berlin-germany-covid-19-protest-intl/index.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53622797

I could keep going but the point is made.
More interesting is the places you’re getting these things from. Conspiracy theory monthly subscriber or what?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Warning:
Do not let your dislike of Trump to blind you about what is actually going on.
This exhibition will not work. It will be destructive to our country.
There are brave democrats who see this happening and do NOT want this.
I believe as difficult as it may be, they will not allow this degeneration to continue.
The things we see with our own eyes are INFINATELY more important than anything Trump says.
No mention of it in the fake news...
Let’s see..
https://www.theguardian.com/world/v...s-march-in-berlin-anti-lockdown-protest-video

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/01/world/berlin-germany-covid-19-protest-intl/index.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53622797

I could keep going but the point is made.
More interesting is the places you’re getting these things from. Conspiracy theory monthly subscriber or what?
Let's be honest. You should see a 60 minutes piece on something like that.. world news tonight or CBS evening news. Not BBC, or some esoteric cnn site no one would find.
Sponsored