Sponsored

This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I do think, or rather hope, the Tremec gearing will bring the numbers down possibly to the point where there is 0.1 sec between the Mach1 A10 and the Mach 1 HP 6SP.
No way. The reaction of letting the clutch out is worth at least 0.1 if not 0.2. 1st gear on the A10 is considerably shorter (40%) than the M6 no matter what config so the torque multiplier is no contest and that's not counting the relative lack of 'shock' to the tires that an A10 provides vs a sufficiently hamfisted clutch drop.

Each shift in the A10 is significantly faster than the M6 so the time spent not under power for the A10 is considerably shorter than the M6 during a quarter mile run. Autos were slow back when they sucked and took forever to 'shift' under power.
Sponsored

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
LD Charger, not an old body style you can't buy today. If we were talking about that, we would be talking about a 1970's Mach1.

20dfee080.jpg

On this it looks good. On the current Challenger it looks good. On a 2015+ Charger I want to kill it with fire. On an s550, it would likewise look terrible.
:inlove:

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Before I supercharged my 2019 Bullitt I went to the DS. Raced dozens of times. I am not a newbie to drag racing as I have done it many, many times over the last 38 years. The best times on the Bullitt were 3/4 of a second slower than my A10 355 geared 2018 Mustang. It is just nearly impossible to launch those +18 manual transmision cars with their horrible gearing without launching at a high RPM and then you need slicks. Of course the power is there, it's just that the A10 keeps the car in the RPM best for the right combination of torque and HP. Then you have the torque converter as well.

I, for one, am looking forward to the Mach 1 with it's revised torque converter and shifting. Can't wait!

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Sounds very H-Pipe like. May end up just leaving the exhaust as is with that setup.

For me it's coming down to, can I get the A10 with the handling, and appearance package like above or will I end up with the Tremec? I don't think I'll be upset either way to be honest.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
No way. The reaction of letting the clutch out is worth at least 0.1 if not 0.2. 1st gear on the A10 is considerably shorter (40%) than the M6 no matter what config so the torque multiplier is no contest and that's not counting the relative lack of 'shock' to the tires that an A10 provides vs a sufficiently hamfisted clutch drop.

Each shift in the A10 is significantly faster than the M6 so the time spent not under power for the A10 is considerably shorter than the M6 during a quarter mile run. Autos were slow back when they sucked and took forever to 'shift' under power.
I get that. On the other hand, the HP will be running smaller tires so the final drive will be 3.94 instead of 3.73 so that might help things. The PP2 is 0.2 sec faster to 60 than the GT PP1 due to the smaller, stickier tires(although Michelin states the cup2 provide the same traction as the Sport 4S but trade some of it to lateral g improvement The 4S is better in a straight line).

All I am saying is that I will be looking forward to seeing what numbers the Tremec gear set along with the HP package provide. Regardless as to whether it catches up to the A10 or not, the Mach 1 HP will still be a really nice manual to drive.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Sounds very H-Pipe like. May end up just leaving the exhaust as is with that setup.

For me it's coming down to, can I get the A10 with the handling, and appearance package like above or will I end up with the Tremec? I don't think I'll be upset either way to be honest.
A10 cannot be had with the Handling Package :frown:

Watch Ford make that combo available for the '22MY!!

Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
A10 cannot be had with the Handling Package :frown:

Watch Ford make that combo available for the '22MY!!
yeah and watch the A10 explode!!

Along with let's watch them issue a recall on the Getrag

Let's watch them issue a recall on the typewriter tick

I think we will have a better chance in having SUVs fall out of favor and everyone return to their sanity and buy lighter weight cars.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Let's just allow the better optioned car have a stick for now. As it stands, it won't be long before you won't have a choice and be stuck with an auto. Most of us probably won't be affected, but somewhere in the future you won't be able to drive your car, you will just be a passenger. I for one have zero need for a sporty car that either shifts for me or drives for me. I have a Honda Pilot that both shifts for me and has paddles to "manually" shift (which I have never used). I just can't imagine using either in a Mustang, but that is just me. If you want those things, you will certainly have many opportunities for getting them.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
2010-ford-mustang-2-door-coupe-gt-premium-front-exterior-view_100245367.jpg

I wonder if those S197 center fog lights are the same size as the openings for the faux center lights in the grill of the new Mach1?
If they are, Ford is going to sell a lot of those while folks retrofit these lights into their 2021 Mach1.

If I didn't already have the Shelby and it was 2021... this Fighter Grey Mach would be my choice if I wished to buy new!

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Exactly.
Appearance Package:
  • Fighter Jet Grey paint
  • Orange accent stripes
  • Orange caliper covers
  • Orange stripe on seats
They are definitely orange calipers, not orange covers over them :)

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
So, Tony, are you getting it in the 10 speed auto? And, I am seriously thinking of switching my color from blue to FJG since this is the car with the appearance package. Nothing like it in the Mustang universe.
Yep :) But I reserve the right to change my mind. I need to go drive a 10-sp auto in a '20 GT and make sure I will enjoy the paddle flipping. I am set on the appearance package (FJG and orange stuff). This car will NOT replace any of my Mustang Bullitts!

I think it will be a hoot on a drag strip, especially with the torque converter and transmission calibration changes, along with the additional small engine increases. I am also hopeful this engine's fuel economy stays out of the gas guzzler tax. I suspect there's been calibration changes to avoid what happened with the '20 Bullitt.
Sponsored