anyone have Steeda engine mounts?

Bomicino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 ecoboost
Sorry if this has been discussed before. It's no secret the shifter isnt the best in the business. The steeda trans mount insert made an improvement in feel. Id imagine stiffer engine mounts with an MGW Race would be the golden ticket. Any EBs out there with either of Steedas engine mount offerings? Also, lowering is an option. Any adverse effects on angle/positioning of the trans/driveshaft when doing this?
Sponsored

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
I have a set on the way. I will let you know how they feel, but I have an Auto not an MT so I won't be able to comment on the shifting.

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Ecoboost fastback
I'm curious about the engine mounts as well. Would they help in the handling department? Lower center of gravity and all. Anyone got these?

77Highboy77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
The lower center of gravity and the stiffer mounts should help in both handling and power transfer to the rear tires. I've installed the mounts using just the red bushings, not the black since it is my DD. I did try to install them with the engine lowered all the way down at first, but ran into fitment issues with my charge pipes, there wasn't enough clearance to get the cold side connected again. I ended up just raising it back to stock height and have been driving it that way ever since. I love the feel they give, everything is a lot more solid feeling now, but if you're concerned with NVH, they do add a ton, though have smoothed out a bit as they get more miles on them. Once they're installed, and if you've got the proper clearance, changing the height of the engine is a pretty quick job as long as you don't drop the bottom bushing into the k-member (I know from experience).

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the heads up. I know what to expect with this mod since we both have Ecoboost cars.:thumbsup:

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
I've had these in for about 3 weeks now. The vibrations have smoothed out a little bit, as well as the noise. The engine is lowered 1/2". Not sure if this is related, but idle rpm is about 750 with the a/c on, 1k with it off after engine mount installation. Or I guess I never really noticed the difference before.
Sponsored