Sponsored

Found my old 69 Mustang grande for sale!

nyyankees2589

Threads
Reaction score
Hi all,

I didnt really know where to post this so I apologize if I'm in the wrong place....

Anyway i used to be on this site daily back when the s550 was just an idea. After ordering, I've seldom been here since but I have a story I need to share.

Back in 2014 I was the 24 year old owner of 2003 gt and a royal maroon 1969 Mustang grande. Not having much knowledge about fixing cars, a limited budget, and the itch for a brand new stang, I sold the grande and traded in the 03 gt for a 15 EcoBoost premium. I love the car and I'm proud to drive her everyday.

Due to practically (or lack of) I almost traded in the 2015 on Monday for a pickup, but I called it off at the last minute because I couldnt bring myself to do it. This got me thinking about mustang's past.

Going down the internet rabbit hole that is Google search brought me to davidsclassiccars.com. I saw a beautiful royal maroon grande with only a few exterior differences from the one I had. As I read the description, I noticed that the differences were all accounted for. Well... (you could see where this is going) I kept the Marti report and the VIN matches! It's my old car! I'm completely beside myself. I messaged the owner and I'm hoping to get a response. I may not be able to afford it again, but I would just love to see it again and maybe take a few photos of it next to my current 2015. I never expected to come across it again and my mind is completely blown.

Here's the link below. I also attached a pic of what it looked like when I had it and the marti report. It was far different at production but I loved that royal maroon color. It was matte red, not lime gold when i bought it.

I can't stop looking at it!

http://davidsclassiccars.com/ford/52941-1969-ford-mustang-grande-royal-maroonblack.html

Has this happened to anyone on here? Did you buy it back?
FB_IMG_1596419082742.jpg
20200802_001507.jpg
Sponsored

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
My first car was a 69 Mustang! I had it painted metallic blue and had the et mag wheel with wide rear tires, but that was over 40 years ago! Sold it to a guy and heard about a year later the engine finally went after well over 100K.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Sold a Fox GT and was real happy with price I got for it, until a year later when I brought it back, plus some.

OP
OP

nyyankees2589

Threads
Reaction score
Sold a Fox GT and was real happy with price I got for it, until a year later when I brought it back, plus some.
I haven't had any regrets for selling. I love the 2015 I was able to get with the money... but now that I found it, i would love to have it back. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten a response so, for now at least, this story is super anticlimactic.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Nice car - I really HATE sale sites that don't list a price....

Sponsored

OP
OP

nyyankees2589

Threads
Reaction score
Yea wouldnt have expected that to be a thing...
What's also weird is when you post a listing, "price" is entered by the seller before the make and model, yet I dont see a price on any car on the website.
Screenshot_20200805-110223_Samsung Internet.jpg
Sponsored