California Special

Ditch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
Hello everyone… Was hoping to get an opinion/thoughts on the current CS in convertible form. I’m looking at possibly jumping back into the Mustang world with this car. I had a 17 GT 350 and I’m just looking for more of a cruiser with a droptop that my wife will enjoy as well .Has anyone had any experience with these particular models?
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I don't have a CS, but I did test drive one prior to getting my 2019. It was a race red convertible, black top, inside had red stitching/suede and it was very comfortable and felt good coming from a GT500 as my last Mustang. I liked that the CS has a unique front grill, spoiler, and side scoops so once you factor that into the price of adding them after the fact, you could get a great deal depending on the overall price of the car. The one I was looking at was a 2019 with 300 miles new, dealer was asking $46k.

OP
OP
Ditch

Ditch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
I don't have a CS, but I did test drive one prior to getting my 2019. It was a race red convertible, black top, inside had red stitching/suede and it was very comfortable and felt good coming from a GT500 as my last Mustang. I liked that the CS has a unique front grill, spoiler, and side scoops so once you factor that into the price of adding them after the fact, you could get a great deal depending on the overall price of the car. The one I was looking at was a 2019 with 300 miles new, dealer was asking $46k.
Thanks for the info!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hi Mark, I have a 19' GT/CS and love it. I have since the original in 1968. It's just different enough to make it special. The best part is the one you see while driving, the interior. by far the nicest of any Mustang. The Miko Suede seat and door inserts look great and the seats are very comfortable. The best of leather and cloth together. I also like the dashboard trim and nameplate.

On the outside you have the PP1 front spoiler which looks great as does the side stripes and quarter panel scoops. Definitely 68' retro. The Tri-pony on the grill, perfect. The red CS script in the trunk panel is a homage to the quarter panel script on the 68' You also have the exclusive wheels which you either like or not. I love 5 spoke wheels and the combination of black and bright are perfect, for me. You also get the PP brace under the hood with a CS plaque, classy.

Actually "classy" sums up the whole package. A vert only makes it better.

National Mustang Day 4-17-20 2.jpg
Windsor Plantation 2.jpg
Windsor Plantation 7.jpg

OP
OP
Ditch

Ditch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
Thanks very much for the reply . Very helpful ! Beautiful car!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ditch

Ditch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
I’m starting a search ..looking for a black/manual trans..

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Wasn't looking for a CS, but this '16 convertible popped up with a VMP 2.3 already installed. I like the look, but the seat upholstery material is a big thumbs down. Solid leather wears much better than suede seating surfaces. Oh well, seats are a lot cheaper than a blower kit.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Wasn't looking for a CS, but this '16 convertible popped up with a VMP 2.3 already installed. I like the look, but the seat upholstery material is a big thumbs down. Solid leather wears much better than suede seating surfaces. Oh well, seats are a lot cheaper than a blower kit.
Funny, I’ve had my CS for a little over a year and my seats still look new. The Miko suede is synthetic and easy to clean. And it looks so much richer than the standard leather. But, of course, to each their own.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Got to agree with Bikeman, had a 2017 premium leather. My 19 California Special is more comfortable and is holding up very well compared to pleather on 2017. Seems the leather loses it shape and get a flatten look quickly on standard leather seating.

Funny, I’ve had my CS for a little over a year and my seats still look new. The Miko suede is synthetic and easy to clean. And it looks so much richer than the standard leather. But, of course, to each their own.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Guess I was snakebit from two Terminators. The suede inserts stuck to your pants and just plain wore out on my DD. Driver seat on the last one looked like an old sweater that got washed too any times, where it didn't have homes. To be fair the suede is holding up well on the 16.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
My '19 is race red. 6spd. Drop top. Paid $32k used. 1 owner. Tires still had over 50% left. Steeda short shifter and Diode Dynamics rear side markers and backup/tail/stoplight kit being installed as I type. Great stable mate for my Bullitt.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Just my opinion... if I was to order a convertible it would have fabric and the lightest grey possible. With you being in Florida I would think about how hot those black seats will be. Even with the cooled seats.
Sponsored