Sponsored

Ive been scammed through mustang6g

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Unfortunately if he's out of the country..... which is most likely, he isn't going to care because not much you can do in that case.
Even if he was/is in the country he knows no one is going to sue him. It would cost way more to get a lawyer not to mention court costs. You'd also have to sue where he resides.

Theres more than 1 person involved. Guarantee it. They use fake names, fake addresses, mask isps, etc.
You could file a police report for fraud, but that's about as far as you'll get with that. It will just go into a file.
Keep trying with Chase. If they won't do anything tell them you'll take your business elsewhere.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Einstein_nikola

Einstein_nikola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sir Galahad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
UPDATE ABOUT MONEY : Talked to chase, told them the whole story , they were super nice people, I fell under the APP fraud so I got my $900 back into my account :please:,

But thanks for everyone that replied to help. IF anyone has Instagram , follow me for we can all stay in touch for sure!! einstein_nikola

once again thank you all!!:sunglasses::thumbsup:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
BE AWARE -

This seems to be a very current scam now with automotive parts - more so - wheels, which net a higher end $$$ to the scammer...

Check out THIS thread from a guy on VMF who was just scammed in the SAME manner for a set of Classic Mustang rims:

https://www.vintage-mustang.com/threads/con-man-thief-scammer-be-aware.1180669/

I would suggest that if you’re seeking to buy high end Mustang parts that have to be SHIPPED that everyone thoroughly vet out the seller and don’t send ANY money at all until you can confirm that the parts being sold are LEGIT to that Seller.

If planning on meeting physically with a seller - if the seller requests the buyer to send payment BEFORE you both will actually meet, do not send any money over a pay service prior to the meet! This is a bait and run! If the seller requests a deposit over a pay service - then ask he/she for pertinent info below to confirm they are legit!

Remember - ANYONE can send a pic of parts claiming it’s theirs!

Ask the seller to write something on paper with a date and show it in the image WITH the parts - OR something to that effect.

Ask unique questions about his/her location, or geographic surroundings that only that person would know if they lived in that exact area.

If the email address has random alpha and numeric characters in it that don’t make any sense and is from a “freebie” Search Engine Provider rather than a direct Internet Service Provider - be wary of that seller. There are also services and apps that will auto generate a fake email address to hide an original email address - so if it’s an auto generated email, in most instances if you were to search it via Google you won’t get any hits - be cautious!!

If the Seller is on a Forum, check their Post Counts and their Post Content! If they are a brand new user AND their first post is selling parts - be very aware. Again search their user ID or email across Google and see if they have any prior online activity anywhere... If NOT, be cautious!

If the Seller provides their info, GOOGLE their info:
Name
Address
Geographic Location
Email address
Forum or supplied User ID

Usually if the seller is one who’s been around, all of the above can be found via a google search AND will in most cases match their identity given to compete a transaction.

If the Seller insists on using an online or App pay service and only insists on providing an email address - PROCEED WITH CAUTION - especially if they will not provide any info as noted above!!

If the seller is coming off by saying “I don’t have the wheels (or x-part) but a friend or associate does and I can put you in contact” - that is a RED FLAG as it seems to be the “MO” for this type of scam. Either the Seller is setting it up as a dual transaction by being the “finder” and matching you with the “seller” who will then complete the scam - OR the seller is one in the same as the finder and end scammer making it to look like they have a friend or associate when they really do not.

Pass the info along folks - this scam seems to be HOT right now on many forums and none of the emails being used are matching, so these scammers are using random email addresses to bait, hook and steal your money!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Einstein_nikola

Einstein_nikola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sir Galahad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
BE AWARE -

This seems to be a very current scam now with automotive parts - more so - wheels, which net a higher end $$$ to the scammer...

Check out THIS thread from a guy on VMF who was just scammed in the SAME manner for a set of Classic Mustang rims:

https://www.vintage-mustang.com/threads/con-man-thief-scammer-be-aware.1180669/

I would suggest that if you’re seeking to buy high end Mustang parts that have to be SHIPPED that everyone thoroughly vet out the seller and don’t send ANY money at all until you can confirm that the parts being sold are LEGIT to that Seller.

If planning on meeting physically with a seller - if the seller requests the buyer to send payment BEFORE you both will actually meet, do not send any money over a pay service prior to the meet! This is a bait and run! If the seller requests a deposit over a pay service - then ask he/she for pertinent info below to confirm they are legit!

Remember - ANYONE can send a pic of parts claiming it’s theirs!

Ask the seller to write something on paper with a date and show it in the image WITH the parts - OR something to that effect.

Ask unique questions about his/her location, or geographic surroundings that only that person would know if they lived in that exact area.

If the email address has random alpha and numeric characters in it that don’t make any sense and is from a “freebie” Search Engine Provider rather than a direct Internet Service Provider - be wary of that seller. There are also services and apps that will auto generate a fake email address to hide an original email address - so if it’s an auto generated email, in most instances if you were to search it via Google you won’t get any hits - be cautious!!

If the Seller is on a Forum, check their Post Counts and their Post Content! If they are a brand new user AND their first post is selling parts - be very aware. Again search their user ID or email across Google and see if they have any prior online activity anywhere... If NOT, be cautious!

If the Seller provides their info, GOOGLE their info:
Name
Address
Geographic Location
Email address
Forum or supplied User ID

Usually if the seller is one who’s been around, all of the above can be found via a google search AND will in most cases match their identity given to compete a transaction.

If the Seller insists on using an online or App pay service and only insists on providing an email address - PROCEED WITH CAUTION - especially if they will not provide any info as noted above!!

If the seller is coming off by saying “I don’t have the wheels (or x-part) but a friend or associate does and I can put you in contact” - that is a RED FLAG as it seems to be the “MO” for this type of scam. Either the Seller is setting it up as a dual transaction by being the “finder” and matching you with the “seller” who will then complete the scam - OR the seller is one in the same as the finder and end scammer making it to look like they have a friend or associate when they really do not.

Pass the info along folks - this scam seems to be HOT right now on many forums and none of the emails being used are matching, so these scammers are using random email addresses to bait, hook and steal your money!
Thank you so much for sharing this info man!!!

Sponsored

50Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Corsair & 1990 Mustang GT. 2019 Mustang GT PP2 (Sold), 2019 Lincoln MKZ (Sold), 2017 Mustang GT PP (Sold), 2009 Civic Si (Sold)

50Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Corsair & 1990 Mustang GT. 2019 Mustang GT PP2 (Sold), 2019 Lincoln MKZ (Sold), 2017 Mustang GT PP (Sold), 2009 Civic Si (Sold)
Has anyome ever reported to IC3 and get there money back?
You won't get your money back, but it does help make sure no one else gets scammed. I've seen the results once when I purchased an iPad Pro and received a used Safeway membership card. Thankfully I used PayPal and they told me about IC3 to make sure I help others. BTW I gave you a follow on insta.

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
FYI, I got another PM from "Laura9264" that is a similar format about a friend who has parts available.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I just got the same message. Message was gone when I went to actually view it so I knew it was reported.
It made me laugh because it said their friend Jill and that I should contact "him" lol

[email protected] was the email of anyone wants to mess with them for fun.

Good to see ancient aol is still used lol
Screenshot_20200723-093238_Email.jpg

Sponsored

Hardman0223

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Same sh*t about happened to me on some clear tail lights. Robert01 hit me up on my WTB post as well. Dude claimed to be ex military (I am a veteran) and all kinds of stuff. Can't trust anybody anymore.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
There should be a rule implemented here where if the user is brand new, they cannot post into the classifieds section until they have accrued 50 legit tech posts (or something to that effect)...

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Sound Wave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50th Anniversary Limited Edition MT
Vehicle Showcase
I just got scammed on my WTB ad. There were red flags, but I decided to trust the guy and go through with the transaction anyways. Almost certain I won't see my money again. He keeps saying he will refund me but I doubt he will.

OP
OP
Einstein_nikola

Einstein_nikola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sir Galahad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I just got scammed on my WTB ad. There were red flags, but I decided to trust the guy and go through with the transaction anyways. Almost certain I won't see my money again. He keeps saying he will refund me but I doubt he will.
DANG brotha! Got any screenshots? How did you pay him? Was it thru paypal? Bitcoin? Zelle?
Sponsored