Sponsored

Gun owners living in pro-gun States (They Agree with the 2nd Amendment)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I've actually seen a revolver "lock up" because something wrong with the trigger mechanism and prevented the trigger from moving. It's super rare, but revolvers can fail too.

I once saw a monkey have sex with a parrot.
Sponsored

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
You support gun rights, or you do not. You have an opinion.

I have a license to carry a gun, and I also live in a Castle State that allows me to protect my family, my business, and my property (with no required license).

I prefer a S&W Model 27 in .357 Magnum at home.
DSC_0010.JPG

I think you should sell me that terrible old Smith and go buy something more user friendly, maybe a Glock? :like:

I like the older Smith and Wesson's made before 1980 and they are getting tough to find out west. From reading a lot of these posts, this place is about 50% straight up commies, Bernie bots and foreign trolls. Posting pictures of guns and telling people how you will aggressively defend you home might encourage them to try and dox you or if they can figure out where you live, cause you trouble.

You will be hard pressed to find anyone who hates or is more intolerant of others than an anti-gun leftist. Some of them drive Mustangs......................................slowly in the left lane, but they still drive them.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
..I like the older Smith and Wesson's made before 1980, and they are getting tough to find out west.
I agree and say that S&W were good with P&R guns (pinned barrels and recessed cylinders).

The older guns with the short hammer action (in the 1950's) are the good ones. The pre-war and some post war had long trigger actions but are rare. I say look for the older ones that were made by the WW2 veterans. They stormed into France and freed the world from Hitler. After coming home, they made a gun that you want to own.

They hand made every part to exact specifications. It didn't pass inspection until they thought it was perfect.

My best gun is a (lettered) 1951 .357 Magnum with a 3 1/2" barrel. Also called a pre-27.

S82.jpg
S82a.jpg

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I have a thing for pre-27's. I inherited my dad's 6.5 inch partridge sight gun from 1954. My local gun store had it's 1955 twin, as I was buying it he said, "We have a 3.5" bbl gun too, want to see it?" So I bought both and then found a pre-war Magnum the next month at a yard sale. Quality dropped as the real skilled post-WWII guys retired out. When it came to building guns, they were the Greatest Generation.

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
When I first started with the Maryland State police we carried the Smith and Wesson Model 27 .357 Magnum's before going over to the Beretta 92fs. I still have my revolver (they allowed us to buy them after they were replaced), it is ALWAYS stone cold reliable even after thousands and thousands of rounds and some abusive environmental treatment.

Sponsored

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I have a thing for pre-27's. I inherited my dad's 6.5 inch partridge sight gun from 1954. My local gun store had it's 1955 twin, as I was buying it he said, "We have a 3.5" bbl gun too, want to see it?" So I bought both and then found a pre-war Magnum the next month at a yard sale.....
Very nice. That pre-27 in 6 1/2 with the patridge front sight is very rare, and you have two of them.. The simple fact that one was your Dad's is very cool.

My revolvers are 50% pre-27 (5-screw) survivors and Model 27/27-1 (4 screw). The Model 27 was made ~2 years while the Model 27-1 was made one year. I bought my first pre-27 many years ago from a police department dispatcher (he monitored the department radio calls).

He got me hooked on these old revolvers. We know these old revolvers went from $300 pawn shop guns to very collectible stuff. I was recently priced $2500 on one that I wanted. Anyone can buy a factory letter on one with the date shipped and what it had when shipped.

I looked at a big action site (no way related to me) where a perfect 8 3/8" early gold box .357 went for $29,000. Another pinto (blue frame, nickel cylinder) went for $27,000.
https://www.amoskeagauction.com/

It better have 526 Hp for that kind of cash money. Some of my old guys:

S200.jpg

S200B.jpg

S218a.jpg

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Yeah, finding a pinto is all but impossible in my region, that is my holy grail revolver. A pre-27, 6" or 6.5" bbl, pinto that has not abused. For years I used a pre-28 Highway Patrolman, 6" bbl that was in about 75% condition and had spent years enforcing the law before being traded away. It had a bent extractor rod and some abuse from a Quick Draw, MacGraw type of owner along the way. I fixed everything and it sandbagged the first ten shots into the "X" ring of a 25 yd pistol center in one amazing 1" cluster. I used that gun to win a ton of revolver matches and an NRA Distinguished Revolver award.

There really is nothing like the quality or workmanship of pre-1982 S&W firearm.

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I love the people who act like their going to be in a life or death fire fight situation, worried about how quick they can reload lol

It's called Costa Syndrome around here, and it's very thick in some of this thread.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
I love the people who act like their going to be in a life or death fire fight situation, worried about how quick they can reload lol
It's called Costa Syndrome around here, and it's very thick in some of this thread.
You don't need it till you need it...and if you don't have it you then fail.

So if someone is following their local gun laws what difference does it make? If I want an AR15 in my truck with 100 40 round magazines fully loaded ready to go that is my legal right, period.

Your original complaint reminds me of someone that complains no car needs XXX amount of power since the speed limit is XX MPH. Even then it is not apples to apples as one is actually in the Bill of Rights.

Sponsored

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
The 2nd Amendment has as much place in today's society as does slavery.

The USA has far more guns than any 1st world country and far and away more gun deaths than any 1st world country.
Must be a CRAZY coincidence!!
6 countries make up half of the gun deaths worldwide:
Guatemala
Venezuela
Colombia
Mexico
Brazil
USA

Yes, the USA can congratulate itself as running itself like a 3rd world sh!thole when it comes to protecting its citizens.The endless innocent slaughter of innocents will NEVER end in the USA as long as guns are legal for citizens. People put their personal gun ownership (which will do nothing for you) over the overall safety of a nation. Very laudable. 'Murica! Land of the corrupt NRA and endless shootings and deaths.

When you have a cancer like the USA gun culture, nothing positive will come out of it and nothing has compared to the carnage it has caused.
Dude, there is like 10K homicides by firearm a year in a nation of 320M people and a very small percentage of those happen with legally purchased and owned guns. Sure when you add in suicides by gun you get those big stats, but in Japan all you can have is a freaking air soft gun and they off themselves at a very high rate. If you want to take your own life, there are plenty of ways to do it. I like the way you say "which will do nothing for you." Spoken like someone who's been fortunate enough to avoid being a victim of violence. Not all people are that fortunate and guns absolutely stop violence from happening to many good people every single day. I'm sure I won't convince you of anything. Be sure and take a trip to good ole Venezuela and talk some shit about Maduro while you are there. You'll be like totally safe as civilians don't have any guns to endlessly slaughter you. The Govt militias on the other hand....

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV

What syndrome is this?

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQ2_CEMYJ1ymtU2MmW8z8gljbS9Ax526qShXw&usqp=CAU.jpg

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
The 2nd Amendment has as much place in today's society as does slavery.
<snip>
Yes, the USA can congratulate itself as running itself like a 3rd world sh!thole when it comes to protecting its citizens.The endless innocent slaughter of innocents will NEVER end in the USA as long as guns are legal for citizens. People put their personal gun ownership (which will do nothing for you) over the overall safety of a nation. Very laudable. 'Murica! Land of the corrupt NRA and endless shootings and deaths.

When you have a cancer like the USA gun culture, nothing positive will come out of it and nothing has compared to the carnage it has caused.
Nobody is arguing that there are people who should never have access to a firearm. But you would assume the right to bar gun ownership from everybody (military and police excepted) simply because of the irresponsible few.

I happen to enjoy target shooting, and some of my relatives go deer hunting. We're not the people you should be directing blanket concerns at, and it's offensive that you fail to separate responsible gun ownership from the real problem. Trust me, I'm not one of those lunatic-fringe "gun culture" types that with your liberal anti-gun blinders on you think I must be simply because I own at least one gun.

Norm

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I understand carrying a fully loaded magazine on a gun is good. I'd be worried in Portland, Seattle, Chicago, Philadelphia, New York, or California.

The murder rate is high in those places. It is up 52% in Chicago, and not one politician cares about it. Chicago has allowed 423 murders in the first 7 months of 2020 (WSJ, 8-3-20).

I have a carry permit. I got gas and went in for a soft drink. A few gangbangers walked up on me at a gas station in the Atlanta City limits. I just showed them my carry weapon. They backed off.

It's hard to rob a dude with a Colt 1911 .45 ACP (eights rounds with an extra magazine) that is locked and loaded.
0RxCBPu.jpg

I've carried for 30 years and only had to show it twice. I've never had to point a gun at someone.

I'd use it quickly and effectively if seriously threatened with bodily harm to me or my family. I live in a Castle State.

Some States arrest the guy with the gun. Good luck to you.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.