Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Aurthur
Vehicle(s)
It's Silver
Did anyone happen to save a copy of the FORSCAN Codes - S550 Mustangs sheet....it appears to have either changed name or been deleted. I do still see the sheet @fionic originally made and linked to is online. But the other sheet was very similar to the F150 sheet with more changes rather than only As-Built data.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
Hi guys,

I want to turn off the extended play, and I found that in couple of data sheets. I have tried it and changed the value to
"Stereo Extended Play APIM 7D0-01-01 : xx?x xxxx xxxx Change ? To: A-Off"
but the stereo keeps playing it doesn't work. Any suggestiopns?

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Is there any functional or “features” difference between the above unit or this one:
OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner
https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/...1?channel=forscan&tag=forscan-20&linkCode=ur2
Curious also. The former mentions Ford J1850 but that may not be used in S550s or maybe its also supported by the MX+ but just not mentioned. Since the MX+ says it supports GM, that and Bluetooth might make it a better choice.
So, the MX+ lets you use it with an iPhone or Android with ForScan Lite, which is nice for diagnostics. But it doesn't let you write anything as far as a I know, only a laptop with the full Windows version of ForScan can actually do AsBuilt changes, unless something new has come out recently. As far as using the MX+ with a laptop, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to, but I'm not sure. I assume the EX has better overall compatibility with older Ford vehicles, but I know the MX+ supports the latest Ford and GM can buses. I perused a few internet posts of people supposedly using the older OBDLink MX with their Laptops over bluetooth, so it seems like it should work. But if you ONLY want to write AsBuilt changes, the EX is half the price.

i8iridium

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Hey all, new guy here. I just picked up a 2020 Mustang GT Premium about 3 days ago. I'm active on one the F-150 forums with forscan as i also have a 2015 F150. I know the double honk for the 2020 Mustangs has been a hot item, so it seemed relevant that I post here first. As we know, the 2020 BCMs for the Mustangs changed, and they seem to share similarities with the 2020 Explorers, so after some research the following bits will disable double honk on the Mustangs. Let me know if this works for you guys. I'm still researching/experimenting as I get time to find out what else might be relevant.

726-63-02 / XXX0 XXXX XXYY / Disable Double Honk on Exit

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey guys, do any of you know if changing the Sync 3.4 colors from the awful stock blue to the Lincoln black label theme is possible (which is gray) on my 2019 Bullitt? You can do that with the 'secret' test menu, but it reverts back to stock at the next ignition cycle. And if it's possible, can you somehow program it to keep the pony animation? If not, did somebody find a way to disable the animation then??? I tried to do it with the same command as my ex-2018 F-150 Platinum (with Sync 3.0), and it was a no-go. Screen boots up really fast without it. And if it's going to be the wrong animation, there's a double reason to disable it :D. Thank you.

To recap: I'd like to have the GRAY Lincoln black label theme, but with the pony animation. Or with no animation at all. Thx.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey gang, just noticed yesterday the cooled/heated soft buttons on my Bullitt only show on the home screen of my 2019 Bullitt with Sync 3.4, and not on the climate one. I used the APIM 7D0-01-01 xxxx xxxx x6xx code, just like on my F-150 with Sync 3.0. On the Bullitt, it had a xxxx xxxx x4xx before. Is there any other code that changes that to BOTH screens, like it was on the F-150? Thank you.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Now that my factory amp (ACM) has been replaced by an after market one, I am getting a DTC on my code reader for the ACM not being there. Is there a way to tell the car the ACM is gone and to not throw a code?

Does this work?
IPC module 720-01-01 xxxx xxxX xxxx Sound Location for Vehicle Chimes:

4 (Forwarded to ACM / Vehicle Speakers - Default)
0 (IPC Internal Speaker Only)

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yes, it does, but might not work on your car anymore, for the reason you stated. But try it. It sounded like crap, so I put it back to stock. It only sounds when in reverse, so it doesn't detract from the audio system. Now I can hear which side an object or cross-traffic is located.

Warchyld

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT (Australian Variant)
Can forscan change the digital speedo for instance showing the Shelby Animations instead of the Pony?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
There are different animations available (look for the APIM mods on the F-150 spreadsheet), but on the center screen, not the digital speedo. The only thing you can do to the digital speedo regarding the mustang animation (which is just the front, but you can barely see it, since the stupid warnings start popping up), is to get rid of it. And that happens with the F-150 code that used to get rid of the center screen animation (for a quicker boot). But on our digital dashes, it gets rid of the mustang instead, which makes sense, since it's an IPC code, not an APIM one. I tried it on my Bullitt, expecting to get rid of the pony animation, but after seeing that wasn't the case, and realizing it got rid of the mustang on the digital dash, which only lenghtened the time it was blank before booting up, I put it back on. Apparently there's no way to get rid of the center screen animation, so I gave up, and left it as is :D. Having an animation of a different model seems stupid to me, but to each his own :). Hope this helps.

Wojest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
This seems like a good place to ask. So on my 19 ecoboost I changed the eq and anc settings but when I restarted the car it did not recognize my USB stick that I play music from. After a master reset it worked again but km not sure if it undid my forscan changes. Has anyone come across this?

Thanks

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
All I can tell you is that only a module reflash should undo any FORScan changes, so you should be good. What did you change on the EQ? If you eliminated the bass, mids, and treble adjustments, just check and they shouldn't be there. If you want to be double sure, just check your FORScan changes again, and you'd see they're the same as you set them last time :).
Sponsored