bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Not really. I only had two instances where the app did not record the MPH for whatever reason but to prevent it from happening again I just closed out TrackAddict and it would pull up a little bit to make sure it was working. Simple to use and I like that it controls your Go Pro when you start recording in the app. Next thing is a GPS device that doesnā€™t cost so much.
Still trying to understand how to use the Race Render software.
Great I love the TrackAddict app. I only use my iPhone to render the video's though I didn't bother with Race Render. It's good enough for me and works fine.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Great I love the TrackAddict app. I only use my iPhone to render the video's though I didn't bother with Race Render. It's good enough for me and works fine.
Iā€™m actually going to try that next time out. I believe youā€™re right in it being easier. Time to put this 11 Pro Max camera to good use lol

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you are on 285 why didn't you get 19x10. I'm trying hard to decide between 19x10 and 19x11 all around but the only semi slicks available for my car in Europe are 275/35 so I think I will go with the 19x10 option.
Iā€™ll switch to bigger tires later. But for now, the Indy 500 285 was the best choice. I really wanted to try the Indyā€™s and the next largest size they make in a 19ā€ is a 325/30. And rather than getting a bigger and better tire, then downgrading to the 285 Indy, I went with them first. Iā€™m lowered an inch so anything close to 27ā€ tall comes pretty close to the fenders when running aggressive wheel sizes. So a 295/35 wouldā€™ve been pushing it. A 305/35 would just be to big. And I just donā€™t really like the way a 305/30 looks. But thatā€™s more than likely what Iā€™ll have to go to when I go wider.

If the tires you want can only be had in a 275, Iā€™d probably go with the 10ā€™s. But I also donā€™t know what the measurements are for that tire. If they run wide, maybe you could benefit from an 11ā€ wheel

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If the tires you want can only be had in a 275, Iā€™d probably go with the 10ā€™s. But I also donā€™t know what the measurements are for that tire. If they run wide, maybe you could benefit from an 11ā€ wheel
I put them on the stock PP wheels and they were ok so on 10 will be perfect.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Last week I installed the SuperPro Transmission bushing and shifts feel much better than they did before. I dont have any increase in NVH versus what I already had. Great purchase. Thanks for the recommendation @Brian@BMVK

IMG_3487.JPG

IMG_3543.JPG

Went ahead with R12/R10 G-LOC track pads and OEM rotors that I got for a great deal. Will put them to use this weekend at Trackcross event at Summit.

IMG_3568.JPG

I officially signed up for my first HPDE event with AutoInterests at Summit for August 3rd so Im pretty hyped about that. That will probably be one of the best Mondays of the year.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Glad it worked!

At your HPDE, focus on driving clean, much less about being fast. Look ahead.
Definitely! Just going to try to get the lines down and go from there

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Been extremely busy with work and I guess this is long overdue...

Had my first HPDE on August 3rd at Summit Point Main Circuit and it was an amazing time. My instructor was great and I learned more in one day of track driving than 3 Trackcross events and hours of watching Youtube. Fortunately because of it being a Monday (Im assuming), it wasn't crowded at all. They had a first timers group which consisted of 3 cars including myself so no traffic at all. I got 5 sessions in with the last one being in the rain. It was great that the weather held out and I got a feel for track driving in the rain. I rode with my instructor in his car and he had eibach coilovers and RS4s. Man the driver mod is real lol. It was fun riding in the passenger seat and seeing how the car can be pushed. I have a loooooong way to go lol.

Car Feedback:
  • Car was stable and solid up to 140 MPH. The suspension set up performs well. I keep saying that after every event, but it truly is amazing how well it handles.
  • GLOC R12/10 were incredible without any issues. I felt the pedal getting soft later in the day so next time I will bring equipment to bleed the brakes.
  • No cooling issues. Think I only saw about 214* once but that was probably because i wasn't pushing the car like I could.
  • Tires held up very well and didn't feel any loss of grip throughout the day. Will run through these and look to get RS4s next year.
  • Really wish I had a harness because my glutes are killing me from trying to stay in my seat lol.

What I learned:
  • Getting more front end grip by tapping on the brakes
  • Threshold braking. I probably still had more left in the brakes but I have a better feel for how to brake before a corner.
  • How to downshift properly before a turn and weight transfer. I stayed in 5th the whole time because I was too focused on getting the line and braking correct.
  • Keeping my eyes forward and setting myself up for the next turn before I exit the current one.

Plans for Future:
  • I ordered SRP pedals to make heel-toe downshifting easy peasy
  • Adding the center Trackspec vent to help with DF and cooling. I will mount it in the optimal location (3" behind the radiator). @AlbertD I'm assuming the track spec vent can be placed there?
  • If $600 was to fall in my lap, possibly the full tilt boogie rear camber links.
  • Roll cage, fixed seat (or recaros), harness over the winter or spring
  • Verus Diffuser (probably over the winter)
  • Most importantly, more seat time

Im looking to do one or two more Trackcross events and 2 more HPDEs before winter and then I'll be closing up shop and preparing for next year now that I know the direction I want to go.

Thats all I can think about for right now...

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
I would go with the race louvers center vent. They have built in wickers and have optimized each louver angle for maximum air flow. You could mount the trackspec closer to the front of the hood but it's lack of wicker and louver design isn't optimal.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Been extremely busy with work and I guess this is long overdue...

Had my first HPDE on August 3rd at Summit Point Main Circuit and it was an amazing time. My instructor was great and I learned more in one day of track driving than 3 Trackcross events and hours of watching Youtube. Fortunately because of it being a Monday (Im assuming), it wasn't crowded at all. They had a first timers group which consisted of 3 cars including myself so no traffic at all. I got 5 sessions in with the last one being in the rain. It was great that the weather held out and I got a feel for track driving in the rain. I rode with my instructor in his car and he had eibach coilovers and RS4s. Man the driver mod is real lol. It was fun riding in the passenger seat and seeing how the car can be pushed. I have a loooooong way to go lol.

Car Feedback:
  • Car was stable and solid up to 140 MPH. The suspension set up performs well. I keep saying that after every event, but it truly is amazing how well it handles.
  • GLOC R12/10 were incredible without any issues. I felt the pedal getting soft later in the day so next time I will bring equipment to bleed the brakes.
  • No cooling issues. Think I only saw about 214* once but that was probably because i wasn't pushing the car like I could.
  • Tires held up very well and didn't feel any loss of grip throughout the day. Will run through these and look to get RS4s next year.
  • Really wish I had a harness because my glutes are killing me from trying to stay in my seat lol.

What I learned:
  • Getting more front end grip by tapping on the brakes
  • Threshold braking. I probably still had more left in the brakes but I have a better feel for how to brake before a corner.
  • How to downshift properly before a turn and weight transfer. I stayed in 5th the whole time because I was too focused on getting the line and braking correct.
  • Keeping my eyes forward and setting myself up for the next turn before I exit the current one.

Plans for Future:
  • I ordered SRP pedals to make heel-toe downshifting easy peasy
  • Adding the center Trackspec vent to help with DF and cooling. I will mount it in the optimal location (3" behind the radiator). @AlbertD I'm assuming the track spec vent can be placed there?
  • If $600 was to fall in my lap, possibly the full tilt boogie rear camber links.
  • Roll cage, fixed seat (or recaros), harness over the winter or spring
  • Verus Diffuser (probably over the winter)
  • Most importantly, more seat time

Im looking to do one or two more Trackcross events and 2 more HPDEs before winter and then I'll be closing up shop and preparing for next year now that I know the direction I want to go.

Thats all I can think about for right now...
Sounds fun! I'm glad you got some instruction time. It always helps. Be careful with pedal extension...they can help but can also hurt if your food placement isn't just right; can end up hitting gas while you're trying to straight line brake. Try to use the roll-over method for heel-toe rather than the classic method (which only really works with floor-mounted gas pedal).

Do some reading on the friction circle for tires. Tires can only do the maximum in one direction at once. Internalizing this means you'll gain a sense for when you're at the limit of combined acceleration (lateral + longitudinal). If we've maximized combined acceleration through the corner, that means we chose the correct line and inputs.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Be careful with pedal extension...they can help but can also hurt if your food placement isn't just right; can end up hitting gas while you're trying to straight line brake. Try to use the roll-over method for heel-toe rather than the classic method (which only really works with floor-mounted gas pedal).
Thanks for the heads up and that thought crossed my mind. They offer an extra wide and medium with gas pedal so if I have problem with the extra wide, i will go for the medium. I have difficulty moving my thighs underneath the steering wheel to do it but I think I need to just find the optimal seating position.

Do some reading on the friction circle for tires. Tires can only do the maximum in one direction at once. Internalizing this means you'll gain a sense for when you're at the limit of combined acceleration (lateral + longitudinal). If we've maximized combined acceleration through the corner, that means we chose the correct line and inputs.
I can always count on you for extra homework lol. But I did a quick google and I see what youre saying. I will look more into it.

I would go with the race louvers center vent. They have built in wickers and have optimized each louver angle for maximum air flow. You could mount the trackspec closer to the front of the hood but it's lack of wicker and louver design isn't optimal.
yea, I saw the cooling thread and the success with the Race Louvers vents. I got this vent for a good deal and too be honest I am probably months to a year of actually pushing my car hard enough to have cooling issues. If I could make it work for the time being by placing it in the optimal position then I think that will be enough until I get better at driving. I rarely saw over 210 in my sessions with the 170 thermostat and the IM Heatshield under the 18 manifold but I know thats because I was in 5th the whole time so the engine wasn't being strained. I guess my question for you is the way the trackspec and hood are designed, can it be moved closer to the front?

Sponsored

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
yea, I saw the cooling thread and the success with the Race Louvers vents. I got this vent for a good deal and too be honest I am probably months to a year of actually pushing my car hard enough to have cooling issues. If I could make it work for the time being by placing it in the optimal position then I think that will be enough until I get better at driving. I rarely saw over 210 in my sessions with the 170 thermostat and the IM Heatshield under the 18 manifold but I know thats because I was in 5th the whole time so the engine wasn't being strained. I guess my question for you is the way the trackspec and hood are designed, can it be moved closer to the front?
You should be able to place it further up just fine. Putting a wicker on the vent will also increase its effectiveness.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Glad to hear the HPDE go so well Warren! Definitely seems like you've learned a lot from this one event and you had a blast. Look forward to hearing about your next event and future modifications you make to the car as you get faster. Keep it up man!

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Soooo after much deliberation I have decided to end my track year early. I have so much to the car over the course of the year and have improved my driving. I am too caught up with work and and other things in life at the moment to participate in the remaining events. Now that I have seen what it takes financially and physically, I will be able to plan better going into next year. I will continue on adding small things like the pedals, vents and diffuser. With fall and winter coming, I've been putting a lot of money and time into the mustang that my daily(4Runner) need some financial love too lol.

I am selling a couple of things like my wheel/tire set up, track shift knob and pads. I plan on getting a different finish knob and more HPDE oriented tires along with a square 19x10 Apex SM10 set up to use for the street and have my current 19x11 for the track. (yes i love the style of the wheel that much)

Enjoyed the year with @Bluemustang and @SAY WHAT and gained friends that share a passion. Thanks to @Brian@BMVK and @AlbertD for all the knowledge and help with this new hobby.

Okay I'm done with my acceptance speech lol. Everybody have a great and safe week.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I know itā€™s been some time. No major update but just an FYI for whoever reads this...

if you have the track dampers and steeda end links, the grease fittings hit the struts. I have a dimple in my struts.When I turn at slow speeds I can hear it hitting. I decided enough was enough and got SPL links since they donā€™t use grease fittings.
I hear that Whitelines are a good option as well.

576778D8-E1CE-4EEA-98D8-7A8A7A0E87A4.jpeg

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Happy new Year ! Since it's been more than an year care to provide an update on the build ?
Sponsored