Sponsored

Beware Harnesses by Hextall (@HextallS550)

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Tl/DR: Promised replacement harness since mine was defective / still waiting for replacement and it has been OVER A YEAR...BEWARE @HextallS550 does not keep his promises.

It is with a heavy heart that I have to post this about a fellow forum member...but I have run out of patience. Over a year ago, my harness from @HextallS550 decided to go buggy on my...first it was the backup camera wiring and then the audio switching from stereo to mono sound output.

So here is a background. I ordered the harness on April 13, 2018. At the time, there was a problem with one of the suppliers that made a specific connector for the harness...so I did not receive the harness until sometime in July of 2018 (see attachment labeled "1"...I apologize that all attachments are going to have to be read from the bottom up to speak to get the timeline correct).

I installed the harness and did the programming and it was working fantastically, until 10 days later when the camera started conking out on me. long story short with this problem...contacted Hextall over facebook (see attachment named "facebook conversation" again read from bottom up for correct chronological order). He (I should say Chris...his sales representative) acknowledged there was a problem with the camera and that I should talk to Tom about it (see attachment labeled "2"). In the e-mail I was offered a repair kit which I declined and asked for a new harness instead. He agreed.

In February of 2019, I had a new sound system installed. While it was being installed, I had a chance to look at the harness and I found that one of the pins that goes to the rear view camera was loose. I popped it back in and viola...problem with the camera fixed (still works to this day).

And so with this, everything was working great, no more problems I thought to myself...I was wrong. The audio from the radio and CD player were fine, but whenever I hooked up my phone for CarPlay or bluetooth, there would be a hiss or whine from my right side speaker...so from this alone I knew there was another problem with the harness.

I contacted Tom about this problem (see attachment labeled "3" and I apologize for the almost unreadable type not sure why I cannot correct that)...long story short, he said he would send me a new harness. I wait a couple of months...no new harness. I send another e-mail inquiring about the status of my warranty harness (see attachments "4" and "5").

Well to this day I am still waiting for my warranty harness. As you all can tell I have been very patient...but it looks like one excuse after another...no intent to fulfill is promise (but I notice he is more than happy to take on new customers..see post 1876 in thread https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/sync-3-swap-its-all-in-here.82973/page-126).

Not sure what else to do...guess I am either going to have to live with this problem or go to an audio shop and make the modification permanent.

Now if @HextallS550 wants to tell his side of the story on this thread, as there is more than one side to this story, I encourage him to do so so I (and now the rest of the forums) can understand what is going on and why my promise/warranty is not being fulfilled. Heck...I know the actual wiring is good, he can even just send me new connectors and I will re-pin the harness myself.

Edit: didn't realize the forum was going to attach the pictures and leave the PDF as its own file...this might be very confusing. Conversations are in order (i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5), but read from bottom up on each page to get correct chronological order...no idea how to fix it.

1_Page_1.png
1_Page_2.png
1_Page_3.png
1_Page_4.png
2..png
3..png
4..png
5._Page_1.png
5._Page_2.png
5._Page_3.png
5._Page_4.png
5._Page_5.png
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Last I heard he’s been out of the harness business for some time. It’s why I ended up building my own. Don’t like relying on other people.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Well, I finally received my new harness on Saturday and installed it last night. We will see how it goes over the next couple of weeks.
I know this post is old... Just curious, how did the new harness work out for you?

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
I know this post is old... Just curious, how did the new harness work out for you?
The new harness has been amazing. You are actually just reminding me that I need to return the old one to him...thinking about 8 months of testing with no flaws is long enough for me to feel confident in the new harness.
Sponsored