MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
i finally got around to installing this. The gap on the sides were very bad. I called thespoilercompany aka Wingtech and they said I needed to move it around to find the sweet spot. He said it's definitely the right part number for a vert, but man, there is no sweet spot I can find to make it line up flush. I think I'm out the money for a spoiler and not going to try another one. I'll keep trying, but I am very disappointed in this spoiler. I would never recommend either place for a spoiler, that's for sure.

That's a bummer, toss up some photogs , it's probably not nearly as bad as you think.

So is this the same product / same source as @Beerrun80 ? Because he clearly got the wrong one the first time, and the correct one sits like my BMC does - without any screws in mine, it looked like it was tightly bolted to the car, that's how flush it sits.
Sponsored

Mhanna5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_0175 (1).jpg
IMG_0177.jpg
IMG_0176 (1).jpg
Yup, the same place. I emailed in and they said maybe they sent the wrong spoiler and asked for the part number underneath the spoiler. I gave it to them and they said that is definitely for convertibles. I told him I could not get it flush no matter what, and he just kept saying to find the sweet spot. I can tell you, there is no sweet spot I can find. Pics

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR 50 YEAR Ecoboost Convertable 6MT
IMG_0175 (1).jpg
IMG_0177.jpg
IMG_0176 (1).jpg
Yup, the same place. I emailed in and they said maybe they sent the wrong spoiler and asked for the part number underneath the spoiler. I gave it to them and they said that is definitely for convertibles. I told him I could not get it flush no matter what, and he just kept saying to find the sweet spot. I can tell you, there is no sweet spot I can find. Pics
That's how mine sat, also. Had to send it back. Got an El Cheapo from ebay, paint shop finished it, painted it and installed it (I had already pre-fit it and tapped holes). Looks great now!

Mhanna5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
After this, I'm done. Just keeping my blade spoiler on. They won't take the spoiler back, saying it's my fault for not finding the right spot. I spent an hour trying to find a place it fits flush, it does not fit flush.

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
After this, I'm done. Just keeping my blade spoiler on. They won't take the spoiler back, saying it's my fault for not finding the right spot. I spent an hour trying to find a place it fits flush, it does not fit flush.
That sucks!

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
IMG_0175 (1).jpg
IMG_0177.jpg
IMG_0176 (1).jpg

Yeah, mine just sat down on the trunk lid with a heavy thud, and without any extra gyration, it fit. That does not look right, that looks _exactly_ how my MMD/Foose wing sat, and it was a coupe wing.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Hey my brother, you can probably move it pretty quickly on this site, it would be a excellent fit for a coupe, and for the buyer: no wait, you've already reviewed the paint, so it's a good buy for someone.

Beerrun80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
That stinks, yes, the spoiler I got from them sat completely flush all around. It's part# FOWT14229M and was on the invoice.

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
IMG_0175 (1).jpg
IMG_0177.jpg
IMG_0176 (1).jpg
You have to screw it in

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
You have to screw it in
The one I had would not screw any tighter without ripping out. It had begun to deform the sheet metal of the trunk instead of the spoiler bending down.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The one I had would not screw any tighter without ripping out. It had begun to deform the sheet metal of the trunk instead of the spoiler bending down.
Yeah, the position of the fasteners isn't outward enough to pull down the very ends directly. So even when you've got the fasteners pulled down tight, the ends still turn up (talking about the MMD I had, but the same issue).

When it's the right fit it sits perfectly flush, and the fasteners are just to secure it, not force it into the proper shape.

Mhanna5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
It would definitely not bolt down further. And it definitely would not lay flat. I heard back from the spoiler company this morning, after I sent another message. They offered to swap another one or refund. I am going to try another one and see if it fits. Thanks for all the responses.

Mhanna5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
It would definitely not bolt down further. And it definitely would not lay flat. I heard back from the spoiler company this morning, after I sent another message. They offered to swap another one or refund. I am going to try another one and see if it fits. Thanks for all the responses.
Got the replacement spoiler yesterday, and a huge difference. Like was said earlier, it just dropped right in place. Huge props to the spoiler company, even though the manufacturer (Wingtech) said it was the correct spoiler, the spoiler company went ahead and replaced it anyhow. Much much better. Got it in and love how it looks! Thanks for everyone's help on this. At one point I honestly was thinking I was crazy. Anyway, the spoiler company on ebay it legit, if anyone is looking for a GT350 track pack spoiler.

Last edited:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Got the replacement spoiler yesterday, and a huge difference. Like was said earlier, it just dropped right in place. Huge props to the spoiler company, even though the manufacturer (Wingtech) said it was the correct spoiler, the spoiler company went ahead and replaced it anyhow. Much much better. Got it in and love how it looks! Thanks for everyone's help on this. At one point I honestly was thinking I was crazy. Anyway, the spoiler company on ebay it legit, if anyone is looking for a GT350 spoiler.
Yes!

And right? I mean, when it's the correct fitment it sits perfectly flushed without forcing it (by way of the fasteners) at all.
Sponsored