Sponsored

Anyone else have this issue with their mobile phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thats what IM saying before there were ads and they weren't obtrusive so people did not block them and they made revenue. Now they started putting ads over stuff you need to use so now everyone is getting ad blockers so I suspect the revenue they were hoping to increase with this change will now infact cause them to loose revenue from everyone blocking the adds now.
I agree. Again, I'd contribute to totally do away with ads, but they won't have it.

All the crap I start around here, I'm the goose that laid the golden egg. Each click is a cha ching in their cash register.

Sponsored

Surfergeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2004 Corvette Z06, 2020 F150 Platinum, 2019 Yukon Denali XL
I noticed the same thing.

Not only the intrusive ads at the top blocking functionality on mobile but also an interstitial ad that you have to click past when trying to view content or a new thread. It all came on all at once.

The first thing I did was look for a premium option so I could still support the site and get rid of ads but none existed so I went the ad blocking route with an app from the App Store and that has fixed the issues.

I would gladly buy a premium account to get rid of ads.

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
All,

The ad has been removed (it may require a bit to take effect). We had used an overlay ad for mobile testing purposes due to an issue we were having with Google ads which allowed Google to more quickly test our traffic. It was never intended to be kept there permanently. Just forgot to remove it after we finished testing. Sorry about that.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.