turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Carbon hood made it perfectly. Pretty excited it was hassle free up to this point. Thanks to @Toy Cobra and Paramount Speed.

carbon hood.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Well the good news has come to an end, Procharger canceled the crank support shipment and returned it back to them. Damn it! Will have to wait to call them to find out what the hell is going on.

Last edited:

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Well the good news has come to an end, Procharger canceled the shipment and returned it back to them. Damn it! Will have to wait to call them to find out what the hell is going on.
Man what the heck

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Turns out Procharger believes they left out parts and want to validate what they sent. They hope to get the crank support to me soon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
For now, the hood is on the car. It was an easy install that my wife helped with.

First, I put heat shield in the center of the hood:

hood7.jpg

Got the hood all square without the latch, locked it down, and then added the latch:

hood6.jpg
hood4.jpg
hood3.jpg

I like having the exposed carbon hood with the exposed carbon hood on the roll cage that you see thru the windshield:

hood5.jpg

Finally, I put in the fluid dispensers and glued in the feed line. You can see the blue tape holding things in place as the adhesive sets:

hood1.jpg

Overall, I am very happy with it. I want to see it out in the sun and with more room - the garage is pretty tight. Hood pin install coming soon, sure hope not to ruin it now haha

Sponsored

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Don't have the correct hole saw for the hood pin install, but I was able to plan it out. Just need to get to the hardware store. For now:

hood8.jpg
hood9.jpg
hood10.jpg
hood11.jpg

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Looks great. How's the fit of the hood vs. OEM? Curious if it's a true bolt on since so many aftermarket hoods don't maintain the OEM gaps and need some love to make them fit correctly.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Looks great. How's the fit of the hood vs. OEM? Curious if it's a true bolt on since so many aftermarket hoods don't maintain the OEM gaps and need some love to make them fit correctly.
The fit is good, easy to install. I did move the fenders a little to get the gaps consistent. I bet if I spent more time closing it, opening it, adjusting it, closing it, opening it, adjusting it - repeat.. I bet the fenders wouldn't have had to move and it would have looked just as good.

I do think these bronze wheels need to go now. I want SFI rated wheels anyway. Something to put on the backlog.

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Yikes! Building a race car is such a nasty evolution financially speaking. I've spent good and bad money two and three times due to my lack of planning or changing of goals. It's too bad we all can't make a plan that doesn't have an evolution like we all experience with such projects. Then again, the aforementioned is the journey that is in my mind half the fun of this sickness! Great build, and as always I appreciate the dedicated documentation and sharing of information!

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Hood pin install complete:

I chose spots under the hood that lined up well with the curve of the hood, body lines, and where the pins would't interfere with normal day use. Taped off the center line, measured, and drilled:

hoodpin8.jpg

After getting both holes drilled in the core support, I started fitting the posts which required a little gutting of the structure on the backside of the support in order to fit the nuts:

hoodpin9.jpg
hoodpin7.jpg
hoodpin13.jpg

After getting the posts bolted up, I marked the bottom of the hood for the 2 1/8" holes and drilled them out:

hoodpin12.jpg
hoodpin11.jpg

After getting those holes cut, I marked the bottom of the upper surface of the hood and drilled upward to create the pilot hole to drill from the top of the hood down with a 1 1/4" hole saw:

hoodpin1.jpg
hoodpin5.jpg

I tightened up the collar to hold the latch and started test fitting for the post height:

hoodpin2.jpg
hoodpin6.jpg

Finished the second side, vacuumed everything up, and reinstalled the core support cover:

hoodpin10.jpg
hoodpin3.jpg
hoodpin4.jpg

Overall an easy process, I like and recommend the quik-latch product so far.

Sponsored
OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Well the heat shield made it a couple days, it all unpeeled and fell off due the heat while I washed the car. I threw it away. Do not recommend.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Good to know, I was going to try it on mine if it worked for you.
Such a shame. It was not super expensive but hate crumbling up $50 and tossing it in the trash. I guess you could run beads of adhesive on top of their adhesive. If it won't last thru MN heat, damn sure ain't making it down there in TX.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT