Sponsored

Absolute mods with Ford Performance Track Handling Package

skinnysaurus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Just ordered a Ford Performance Track Handling package because as a suspension novice, I know it will work together as a package.

To save on future labor costs, what mods would you recommend as must have upgrades since the struts and shocks are Getting swapped out. Figure it makes no sense to pay a shop to do it twice down the line. Unfortunately I have no mechanical skills.

I also plan on picking Steedas IRS brace but I know I can install that anytime. This is a DD so I’d like to preserve some ride quality. I also don’t track but looking for solid handling for spirited street driving.

Any insights appreciated.
Sponsored

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Camber plates are one item. They replace the existing strut mounts so you may as well do them now because it sucks to do it later. Did you buy the kit with the assembled struts And sway bars and stuff or did you buy the kit that is just shocks and struts with no springs?

OP
OP
skinnysaurus

skinnysaurus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Camber plates are one item. They replace the existing strut mounts so you may as well do them now because it sucks to do it later. Did you buy the kit with the assembled struts And sway bars and stuff or did you buy the kit that is just shocks and struts with no springs?
The full kit with the sway bars and springs.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Call steeda and ask them. Lots of bad advice in this thread.

The CB005 is mentioned a lot, but no one admits it covers the Ford grips and raises the body over the subframe. Yea the Steeda parts are more expensive, but they work. The IRS braces also improve chassis stability, the CB005 does not.

Try both you will go with Steeda. Now on the front of the car, the BMR CB006 is the ticket.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra

The CB005 is mentioned a lot, but no one admits it covers the Ford grips and raises the body over the subframe. Yea the Steeda parts are more expensive, but they work. The IRS braces also improve chassis stability, the CB005 does not.

Try both you will go with Steeda. Now on the front of the car, the BMR CB006 is the ticket.
Did you install the CB005 yourself on your car? Or did someone you know say that?

Not accusing you of anything but I just find it hard to believe that the product on the top the first to do list for this platform has a negative effect on the car. Several cars that have been tracked on a road course or strip have positive feedback. The only negative feedback I’ve seen is compatibility with other suspension parts.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Did it myself. It goes over the top of the bushing and covers the sawtooth

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT

Yeah and CB762 will trump the Steeda braces for increasing chassis rigidity. Hatin' much? lol
Btw, these cars have a pretty rigid chassis. You do not really need to stiffen it other than for a race car.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Yeah and CB762 will trump the Steeda braces for increasing chassis rigidity. Hatin' much? lol
Always a better mousetrap.

I like racecar rigidity. It makes the suspension more predictable. I don't think there would be enough difference for me to switch braces.

Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
The CB006 on a PP car does little to nothing, and yes I have it and drove with and without.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
The CB006 on a PP car does little to nothing,
I have it on my car along with all the PP parts and I feel it in braking. Not as much mush under hard braking.

That said I probably would not buy it again.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I have it on my car along with all the PP parts and I feel it in braking. Not as much mush under hard braking.

That said I probably would not buy it again.
If you upgrade the front control arms, particularly the tension link, it will improve stability under hard braking and better than doing the CB006 per Kelly Aiken when he worked at BMR previously. That said, extra chassis rigidity is usually good, but probably isn't worth the weight - just my opinion.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
It raises the body the thickness of the bushing cup. Photo 2 in the installation instructions shows this.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Maybe. I put this on a friend's car and it sure looked to me like the spacer prevented the grippy area from contacting the body.

If it does not, then I apologize. I don't want to spread false information.
Sponsored