Sponsored

Anyone here adding a nice 2021 Bronco addition to their Collection?

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
It is sad to say it, i was rooting for the coyote, but they did beat jeep in the powertrain department. in a tad bit of research, the 2.7 already seems to be more mod friendly than the Jeep’s 3.6.

I have a love/hate relationship with my 2010 JKU, and 97% of the hate is that POS 3.8/42RLE. If you could slap a turbo/blower on the 3.8 safely...perfect. If an LS swap wasn’t 15k for the DIY crowd...perfect. But neither of those things are happening.

I think the simple fact the bronco will be better on the road will steal quite a few jeep sales.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
I've been green lighted to trade the Cherokee off for the Bronco. I'll wait until I can drive one, but shooting for the Black Diamond w/ Sasquatch package.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think Ford hit it out of the park with the Bronco. The styling is great and I think Ford will make a ton of money selling options on it. Sasquatch looks to be killer with the 35 inch tires. AWESOME.

I won't buy one without a V8, but I think lots and lots of people won't care what engine is in it. Every time I post on here about liking the 5.0 in the F150 over the EB I get 1-3 people arguing with me about how the EB motors are much better. So even Mustang people seem to like the little DI turbo engines. It always surprises me, but that's what I've experienced here. Ford may eventually build a Bronco with a V8, but in my opinion there's no reason for Ford to do that right away. They can wait 2-5 years for sales to start declining on the existing options and then come in with a V8 "big dog" model to refresh things.

To me Ford doesn't need to differentiate more from Jeep than they have. The Bronco has a very different look from the Jeep and it has IFS. Both of those are huge differentiators (is that a word?). Just the fact that Jeep has been on the market forever without changing the looks much will give the Bronco lots of potential sales.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Might get one in 2022 when my GT is paid off. Hopefully they will have a Coyote option by then, but not holding my breath.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I would love to have one of these. I also think this should retain an option for a 5.0, but an EB engine is a close second. The gap would be further closed if the 7 speed manual was paired to the EB as well.

This will be one of two “true” off road vehicles made by US manufacturers. The Raptor, GM and RAM trucks with special packages are nice but the model itself isn’t designated for off-road prowess. They’re too large to fit where a JK and the Bronco will.

I like the styling of the JK but do not like the powertrain options and in general the JK has moved away from the essense of what it’s predessesors were.. but that’s also why it’s still in production. The proposed 392 Wrangler would be a massive win. Regardless, I would still go Bronco over Wrangler UNLESS it was a 392 Wrangler.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I would love to have one of these. I also think this should retain an option for a 5.0, but an EB engine is a close second. The gap would be further closed if the 7 speed manual was paired to the EB as well.

This will be one of two “true” off road vehicles made by US manufacturers. The Raptor, GM and RAM trucks with special packages are nice but the model itself isn’t designated for off-road prowess. They’re too large to fit where a JK and the Bronco will.

I like the styling of the JK but do not like the powertrain options and in general the JK has moved away from the essense of what it’s predessesors were.. but that’s also why it’s still in production. The proposed 392 Wrangler would be a massive win. Regardless, I would still go Bronco over Wrangler UNLESS it was a 392 Wrangler.
While we're dreaming...

It'd be a tough choice between a coyote bronco and 392 Wrangler.

I'm ready to drive one of these things, especially if they can get that towing package anywhere close enough for my car and a light trailer (realize I'm probably dreaming here too)

Sponsored

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
While we're dreaming...

It'd be a tough choice between a coyote bronco and 392 Wrangler.

I'm ready to drive one of these things, especially if they can get that towing package anywhere close enough for my car and a light trailer (realize I'm probably dreaming here too)
We've been discussing the purchase, amd I too think it would be great if it could pull a car on trailer.

Although, the wife would have am absolute shit-fit if I came in and said, baby, load up the bronco, we're hauling the stang to the track in wherever. She already said, out of my earshot, he's going to want tje Sasquatch Package with the 35" tires. He already has one car, he's not getting this one too!

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I kinda like the 2 door version.
Would go,.....2 door, 2.7 EcoBoost, fully loaded

But,...I don't need a daily driver for a while. Plus, I would like to see them in person and see/read about how well Ford made them first. LOL

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 71 EB on 39" TSL Boggers, with a 600 SB 351W. Sending it to the body shop for a refresh next week.

71_790736213_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=HonfzwtK12kAX-YpvWY&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.jpg

Probably going to wait a year or two for a new 4 door in FPB.

Rusherific

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
This, 1000%.

My JKs were atrocious. I didn't have the first one (a 2012) a full year before realizing I wanted nothing to do with it after warranty, I swear it was possessed. I decided to give them one more shot with the next one ('13) which was better, but after far too many trips to the dealer within 60K miles for things that shouldn't happen until 160K or after I decided to bail.

Very true. As I said, it's a me-too product. I will say that the Bronco looks to have far better detail and finish than the latest Wrangler, but really I think a lot of it will come down to whether you're a Jeep person or a Ford person. I guess we'll see. Ford had the chance to undercut Jeep with pricing and failed (base Wrangler is cheaper).
One differentiator I can say is that my girlfriend likes these, and might actually get her on board with one as "hers." She'd probably enjoy a used Wrangler but I don't think she'd be excited about spending new car money on one, I certainly wouldn't. I think the Bronco will nicely capture people who think it's cool but aren't as interested in actual off roading even though it might be perfectly capable. Wranglers are a bit compromised as every day vehicles. The Bronco interior looks really nice, somehow both more premium but also more functional, less fussy center stack.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Well, I just added a new-to-me bronco to the stable this weekend, and 86. to at least work as my DD for the next year or two. currently puts us at 2 broncos and a mustang in the stable, with plans to double both of those numbers in the next 3-4 years.
Sponsored