Track attack during covid???

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
has any one attended a covid one? I am getting close to mine and the Email said the welcome dinner was cancelled making it a 1 day deal
Sponsored

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
I went last Thursday. School is open as usual, minus the welcome reception you noted. Temperature check upon arrival along with a COVID questionnaire about travel, symptoms etc. Instructors wear masks as needed but most of the time you are distancing or outside, alone in your car etc.

If you fly in as I did thatā€™s your biggest risk as my flight in from a Dallas was full and return flight Thursday night half full.

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
I attended June 11th. My experience was the same at Scott just said. No dinner. All other events were not affected. It was still a great experience.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Iā€™d like to wait until weā€™re back to ā€œnormalā€ if thatā€™s going to happen. Then again I need to learn how to drive this thing much better than I am now.
I havenā€™t received anything to sign up or is that something I must initiate?
If they are going to end the classes soon then I obviously need to get going here....I bought last month.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110

Sponsored

ZaChickster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Amen. I have until June 2021 to get mine in. Trend lines are not encouraging. Don't want to miss it, but not getting on a cross country flight to do it either.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
I couldnā€™t make an event in the first year of owning my ā€˜16 GT350 as I had a medical issue. They wouldnā€™t budge after that. Maybe they have extra slots going empty and are letting people use them. I see they have slots in Nov now.
The GT500 TA hasnā€™t opened their books that far. Iā€™m attending a GT500 TA event in Sep.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Iā€™d like to wait until weā€™re back to ā€œnormalā€ if thatā€™s going to happen. Then again I need to learn how to drive this thing much better than I am now.
I havenā€™t received anything to sign up or is that something I must initiate?
If they are going to end the classes soon then I obviously need to get going here....I bought last month.
Just spent the last 15 minutes trying to figure out how to do this.

Yes I believe you have to initiate it. I was trying to figure out how to register on their website and I couldn't figure it out so I just called them.

The guy told me that they are already booked up for the whole year but there are cancellations for opening slots. Apparently you need to have you car, he wouldn't tell me any dates until I had my car (getting it this Friday) which is pretty dumb lol.

I am bringing my friend with me as a 'non-driving guest' ($179) so I doubt I will be able to find a slot for this year, I will probably get one next year. The schedule for next year isn't out yet, he said the schedule opens up at the end of the year so make sure to call them around new years so that you can get a time slot that works for you

Here is their number: 435-27-SPEED 77333 (Press 3 for GT350 Track Attack)

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I couldnā€™t make an event in the first year of owning my ā€˜16 GT350 as I had a medical issue. They wouldnā€™t budge after that. Maybe they have extra slots going empty and are letting people use them. I see they have slots in Nov now.
The GT500 TA hasnā€™t opened their books that far. Iā€™m attending a GT500 TA event in Sep.
Damn man that sucks, that is kinda my situation right now. I have an auto immune disease that affects my lungs so I am one of those people that is at high risk for COVID because of my auto immune disease and lung disease. I am only 26 and Im "healthy" but I am on immune suppressants and have to be careful. Afghanistan took its toll on my body and I can't be careless like I used to be. I got really lucky over there. The disease has stabilized now, and as long as I take my meds and see my doctors for regular testing I'll be fine.

I just don't want to risk getting it COVID since the rates in North Carolina are really bad right now, sucks that I might miss out on this. I don't mind passing up on it but I am bringing my brother with me and I really would hate to bitch out. I am always talking to about cars and racing, I took him to a bunch of races before and he is really excited to go.

Im glad you are able to finally go now with your GT500.

ADDGAMER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I already had to reschedule once due to Covid travel restrictions. Now Mass has another restriction that started 8/1. I guess you can't reschedule twice. Was told I would forfeit my spot of i didn't attend in September. Hoping they call it
A wash for 2020 and move everyone to 2021.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I already had to reschedule once due to Covid travel restrictions. Now Mass has another restriction that started 8/1. I guess you can't reschedule twice. Was told I would forfeit my spot of i didn't attend in September. Hoping they call it
My plan of attack is to wait for a vaccine.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wait what was the new restriction placed by Massachusetts?

That really sucks that Ford is being stingy with the slots for this. You would expect them to be accommodating considering we are giving them $67,000 lol.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Wait what was the new restriction placed by Massachusetts?

That really sucks that Ford is being stingy with the slots for this. You would expect them to be accommodating considering we are giving them $67,000 lol.
Its not ford that is stingy. Its the ford performance racing school. They are not owned by ford, but are just a subcontractor. They have some rules and policies that are imposed by Ford, but they have a lot of their own policies that they have with not a lot of leeway.

I missed out on my last track attack due to inflexibility of the policies. I had to work and could not get out of it. Zero leniency.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
This is beginning to make me a little uneasy.
How does the Ford Performance School get paid from Ford? Do they get a check for every qualifying car sold or only if we attend an event? You see where Iā€™m going here.
Every business is making adjustments due to Covid. It would be sad if this school didnā€™t make adjustments for scheduling during this pandemic.
I tell you what, Iā€™m not getting on a plane unless itā€™s necessary.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
This is beginning to make me a little uneasy.
How does the Ford Performance School get paid from Ford? Do they get a check for every qualifying car sold or only if we attend an event? You see where Iā€™m going here.
Every business is making adjustments due to Covid. It would be sad if this school didnā€™t make adjustments for scheduling during this pandemic.
I tell you what, Iā€™m not getting on a plane unless itā€™s necessary.
I have found them to be very inflexible.

They get paid by ford for each student that enrolls if they are qualified (new delivery within 1 year). Ford makes a lot of the rules, but some of the policies are their own.

The last time would have been my 4th GT350 track attack, but I could not get out of work. They didn't want to hear about it. That was it..... gone.
Sponsored