Sponsored

I have an x-pipe and muffler delete, should I do a cat delete?

blueskies925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (manual)
Will it be loud enough to wake the dead? Will it kill Corona in the air?
On a serious note, I've been thinking of going the cheaper route of getting a cat delete and/or MAK cat deletes.
Any experiences and advice? I'm guessing with my current setup, this will be the most obnoxiously loud which I don't really mind (sorry neighbors), but I'm sure there will be some HP and TQ gains yes? Should I just avoid it, or go for it?
Thank you for any feedback!
Sponsored

OP
OP

blueskies925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (manual)
If you hate your ears and like headaches from drone, go for it.
Lmao, my drone was pretty terrible before I had some J pipes installed, now it's minimal thanks to that. Would a cat delete really increase it?
If it became too unbearable I could always install a Magnaflow Tru-X resonator. I'd just like a little more quick to my throttle and HP. Going to be going E85 tune soon as well, so I'm sure it might help in numbers?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
It's going to be stupid loud and it's going to stink.
At least the smell will get better once he goes e85. Won't help the drone / volume though.

OP
OP

blueskies925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (manual)
Yes I heard the smell is unbearable if on regular gas, but I shall indeed be running a dedicated E85 tune through Lund.
And honestly yeah I'm thinking it just might be too obnoxious, so I'll order those Magnaflow resonators along with it just in case.
I was wondering, once you take off the cats, can they easily be put back on if needed? Or it will require more intensive work to do so?

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Honestly, a straight-piped Coyote sounds like crap. The muffler and x-pipe or h-pipe give it a distinctive sound. Long-tube headers make it sound better and louder too. You are taking that distinctive sound away and it'll just sound bad(not the good kind) and loud.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
Give me attention your thread screams! Run the exhaust straight up through the hood loud and proud. Be a real Hillbillie! lol.

OP
OP

blueskies925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (manual)
Give me attention your thread screams! Run the exhaust straight up through the hood loud and proud. Be a real Hillbillie! lol.
Personally, I prefer going WOT next to my local nursing homes instead of the hood.

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
Why?!?!?
Sponsored