SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
need some help here,
just put pinstripes on one of my cars and i hear that ceramic will help preserve them,
but what i want to do is ceramic ONLY the pinstripes and not the whole car, just the area over the stripes
would this be ok? im not familiar with ceramic so why i was asking.
i dont want to spend the money right now on ceramic for the whole car since i have a TON of wax and polish stuff
im still using.....i hear you cannot use them together so i dont want to waste all the stuff i have currently.
any suggestions? using the Adams ceramic coat product.

thanks,
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
need some help here,
just put pinstripes on one of my cars and i hear that ceramic will help preserve them,
but what i want to do is ceramic ONLY the pinstripes and not the whole car, just the area over the stripes
would this be ok? im not familiar with ceramic so why i was asking.
i dont want to spend the money right now on ceramic for the whole car since i have a TON of wax and polish stuff
im still using.....i hear you cannot use them together so i dont want to waste all the stuff i have currently.
any suggestions? using the Adams ceramic coat product.

thanks,
Until you are ready to do an entire panel hold off on the real ceramic coatings and stick with what you have. Ceramic is more about ease of care than protection anyway. When I had my 19' coated I still had a ton of stuff for my 15'. I use it on my wife's car.

Boostamoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' GT
I would recommend carefully use some painters tape to tape around your pinstripes. This will cover off the surrounding area, so you can ceramic coat it. The "lazy" way out, that can still work, is to apply a heavy coat of wax around the pin stripes doing your best not to get any on the vinyl. If you do happen to get some on it, just go ahead and wipe it off with a q-tip and some alcohol. Let the wax flash dry, but do not buff it off. This will basically have a similar effect to the masking tape, and it gives you a barrier between the paint and the coating.

After picking your method, apply the ceramic coating per the instructions. When you're done, depending on your prep method, remove tape or buff off the wax.

The reason why you hear about them not working together is because in simple terms they cancel each other out. A coating is meant to resist anything that sticks to it. If you apply a coat of wax, it will not adhere anywhere near as well as it will to bare paint. That wax will wash off in a matter of a week instead of a good month or two. The same applies to a coating over wax. The wax has a very short life span depending on conditions. When it sheds, so will your expensive coating.

Now it's been a while since I worked with vinyl. Most reputable manufacturers actually apply a special UV coating to the vinyl from the factory, and they usually recommend using a spray wax on them. I'm not sure how a coating will react with this protection they added at the factory. It may shorten the coatings life span and ability to adhere. Take that for what you will, but there is no real harm in coating vinyl.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Just coat the stripes, whatever is on the paint will get leveled anyways or not stick, as long as you do it properly.... You won't be able to see it.
Sponsored