Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
I haven't seen anyone say that their tick went away. Mine came after the first oil change and stayed for 9k miles until I traded the car in.
Mine went away around the 12K mark, and has been replaced with the Fore/1050X tick :headbang:

strike-eagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
With you going back and forth on your explanations, while in depth it, does cause a little confusion to myself. I have trouble telling whether you are trying to defend/deny the fact the ticking is a thing or if you are trying to say you have the same issue.

First few posts seemed like the former and the last post seemed like the later...
I found this thread from a search and was wondering if you ever took her back to the dealership. I have a 2017 as well with a similar tick that's very pronounced and increases with RPM. I'm really dreading taking this to the dealership after all the horror stories. At first, I thought something on my exhaust was loose or a bolt was hitting so I went under the car and tried rattling the exhaust around, but couldn't replicate the sound.

This was a warm start after sitting for 1-2 hours and I don't hardly hear the tick at all until the cold start settles down, but it is present at idle.

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
I found this thread from a search and was wondering if you ever took her back to the dealership. I have a 2017 as well with a similar tick that's very pronounced and increases with RPM. I'm really dreading taking this to the dealership after all the horror stories. At first, I thought something on my exhaust was loose or a bolt was hitting so I went under the car and tried rattling the exhaust around, but couldn't replicate the sound.

This was a warm start after sitting for 1-2 hours and I don't hardly hear the tick at all until the cold start settles down, but it is present at idle.
I'd at least bore scope that. That sounds like everyone else's that failed.

OP
OP

bl4d3runn3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blu Fury
Little update on my 2017 BBQ tick.
I exchanged the oil over the weekend with AMSOIL Signature 5w20 and AMS oil filter and the tick is still there.

Oil doesn't fix it. btw the "new" Coyotes in the 2018 model have the same issue.

Sponsored

OP
OP

bl4d3runn3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blu Fury
Little update on my 2017 BBQ tick.
I exchanged the oil over the weekend with AMSOIL Signature 5w20 and AMS oil filter and the tick is still there.

Oil doesn't fix it. btw the "new" Coyotes in the 2018 model have the same issue.
Brought the car to the dealership today, they just called me and said it's caused by the aftermarket exhaust, the headers extracting and it's normal characteristics for the Coyote Engine. So I can pick up the car now and they won't fix anything. What are my options now? Did anybody ever get the tick fixed or is it really normal for this engine but everybody is to proud to admit that the coyote ticks like broken?

Mustang666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Styxx
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0 L
I get this at 1750-2000 RPM especially when warm...
Yep mine was around 900 - 1200rpm now it has increased to what your experiencing. When cold engine sounds good when warmed it starts.???

Mustang666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Styxx
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0 L
Hi guys,

my 2017 Mustang GT base model ticks since a couple of month when it is not warmed up. I googled a little bit and found some others with the exact same noise.
I can hear it very well in my garage in the morning and it doesn't sound very healthy.

Here is a video of somebody elses car having the exact same noise.

It is quite hard to replicate if no gear is in, but in 1 and 2 gear I can hear it a lot.
After the car warms up the noise disappears. Was at the dealer, but I couldn't replicate it. Does anybody know what the issue is?
Sounds similar to mine...........