Sponsored

S550 owners who carry firearms: What, and where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It's an experience as well as some bullshit. You will be amazed at how much harder it is to draw from a seated position. I have learned to use the car for cover, shoot from the window while seated, and a few other techniques. Its fun, find a field and do it. (not in the mustang of course)
Yeah, the brass would probably melt right into the dash, console, vinyl on seats, etc..
Sponsored

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
It's an experience as well as some bullshit. You will be amazed at how much harder it is to draw from a seated position. I have learned to use the car for cover, shoot from the window while seated, and a few other techniques. Its fun, find a field and do it. (not in the mustang of course)
I’ve always heard cars are bad for cover, good for concealment. Also, if you have to cover behind a car, cover behind the engine block.

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
I’ve always heard cars are bad for cover, good for concealment. Also, if you have to cover behind a car, cover behind the engine block.
And you are right, cars are horrible cover, however, something is better than nothing. Hiding behind the engine block is ideal. The biggest thing when using a car for cover is more or less that they can not see you easy. Now, unless you pissed off the Russian mafia or Cartel and they are coming at you with automatic weapons or your facing off against a terminator with a minigun, you should be fine. Remember as a civilian you are not trying to kill a person in a defensive situation. You are trying to defend yourself and survive until the threat is gone. Once you are not easy pickings for a criminal they are going to bail. Shooting from inside the car, hot brass damages the interior, shells tend to bounce back on you, the only reason a lawful civilian would shoot from inside a car is 1. things went really bad really quick. 2. you are being pursued by someone shooting at you.

By the way, I got have a 2015 Triple yellow Performance Pack GT as well. 6 speed?

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
And you are right, cars are horrible cover, however, something is better than nothing. Hiding behind the engine block is ideal. The biggest thing when using a car for cover is more or less that they can not see you easy. Now, unless you pissed off the Russian mafia or Cartel and they are coming at you with automatic weapons or your facing off against a terminator with a minigun, you should be fine. Remember as a civilian you are not trying to kill a person in a defensive situation. You are trying to defend yourself and survive until the threat is gone. Once you are not easy pickings for a criminal they are going to bail. Shooting from inside the car, hot brass damages the interior, shells tend to bounce back on you, the only reason a lawful civilian would shoot from inside a car is 1. things went really bad really quick. 2. you are being pursued by someone shooting at you.

By the way, I got have a 2015 Triple yellow Performance Pack GT as well. 6 speed?
yes sir. I guess cover vs concealment.

6 speed with leather recaros. Love it but the Recaros suck for carrying. Maybe because I carry a Deagle. Need to get something smaller.

Sponsored

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
yes sir. I guess cover vs concealment.

6 speed with leather recaros. Love it but the Recaros suck for carrying. Maybe because I carry a Deagle. Need to get something smaller.
I didn't get the Recaros. I really dig the heated and cooled seats. You are carrying a Deagle? What you do, piss off a dinosaur. That's a lot of gun to carry around.

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I didn't get the Recaros. I really dig the heated and cooled seats. You are carrying a Deagle? What you do, piss off a dinosaur. That's a lot of gun to carry around.
lol no I didn’t piss off a dinosaur. I really like it, and I’m a big guy. I carry extra mags but I’d like a higher capacity pistol with comparable stopping power. Looking into the MC6 PDW.

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My every day carry gun is a S&W M&P9-C. Great trigger, holds 12+1, very good stipple from factory and ALL DAY reliable.

If I'm going on a drive through areas that aren't so nice, and I'm not getting out of my car much I love my Glock 22 in .40 on my 10mm Glock.

10mm in my opinion is one of the badests cartridges for its size and weight.

My favorite stashing and thrashing gun is my Taurus PT111-G2 in 9mm. Its thin, reliable, holds 12+1 and i truly mean reliable. I've shot it well over 4000 rounds, as its what I use for first time hand gun shooters who want to fire a sub compact. Has blade trigger safety, as well as a analog safety . . . Its also accurate. Hands down one of the best value hand guns.

My other fav budget guns is my Canik TP9 SF. It hangs either my glocks, sigs, S&W's, and i don't think I've ever had a malfunction other than poor ammo giving light strikes.

The safety debate i see sometimes is silly - if you are paying attention, not actively escalating a situation you'll have time to manipulate the gun off of safe. I always teach that if you need a safety to carry for peace of mind - DO IT

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I am in LE and carry everywhere I can. My gtg is a sig p365 with a back up 15rd mag. Its a great gun and it replaced my glock 43 which was a nice piece to carry as well.
Where did you get a 15 round mag for the P365? I have the Sig 12 rounder.

Sponsored

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
lol no I didn’t piss off a dinosaur. I really like it, and I’m a big guy. I carry extra mags but I’d like a higher capacity pistol with comparable stopping power. Looking into the MC6 PDW.
You should check out offerings from Glock in 10mm. 10mm with proper loads can be extremely hot stuff, and 10mm Glocks are popular with guides and hunters in the northern hemisphere for protection against bears.

There is another pistol called the Coonan or "Koonan" that is a 1911 pattern pistol thats chambered in .357 Magnum. I believe jas 8 round magazines. Thats a really unique piece, and .357 Magnum is pretty much capable of stopping anything. Its not a small pistol but certainly thinner, lighter and more conceabale than a DE.

Hell, you can get a 8 shot .357 revolver. I forget who makes it, i think S&W and that is a beautiful piece

SplawnDarts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Convertible, 2013 Nissan Frontier
I carry a Ruger LC9s or sometimes a Detective Special.

Usually it's in a front pocket or preferably a cargo pocket. I haven't figured out what to do in the mustang yet. The cargo pocket draw is OK but the front pocket is too blocked to be useful.

If I'm going somewhere I'm concerned about bears I carry a 10mm 1911 with cutting edge 190gr copper solids in a leather inside the waistband holster, or if concealment isn't an issue a Colt Anaconda .44 on my belt.

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I carry a Ruger LC9s or sometimes a Detective Special.

Usually it's in a front pocket or preferably a cargo pocket. I haven't figured out what to do in the mustang yet. The cargo pocket draw is OK but the front pocket is too blocked to be useful.

If I'm going somewhere I'm concerned about bears I carry a 10mm 1911 with cutting edge 190gr copper solids in a leather inside the waistband holster, or if concealment isn't an issue a Colt Anaconda .44 on my belt.
For my mustang I bought a Sticky Holster, and jam my gun between the passenger seat and center console. Just simple fix for lack of space.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
My every day carry gun is a S&W M&P9-C. Great trigger, holds 12+1, very good stipple from factory and ALL DAY reliable.
Agreed. My primary is a S&W M&P9-C 2.0 with the 3.6" barrel. 15 + 1, great gun stock but I upgraded to an Apex trigger and guts to make it even better. It's an anvil (mine has seen 1000+ rounds) and is always in my truck.

Beyond that I routinely carry a Ruger EC9s, Kimber Evo SP, or even sometimes my Kimber K6s. That little Ruger is a sweetheart for the price (I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do), and it's great for pocket carry in shorts in the summer due to its size.

Status
Not open for further replies.