Sponsored

If you could chose another car? (Or SUV)

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I think it would be a M5 or the F-pace SVR, the F-pace just has such a great sounding exhaust and also an amazing interior especially the red on the SVR trim.
Not that im tired of mustangs its just i have had 7 now and know whatever i get next should not just be an update of what i currently have.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I think it's what we can afford. So if you could do it all over again would you get a mustang or something else? Obviously that you can afford!
This, it’s what we could afford...
what we can’t afford I think would be a bit boring lol. I don’t even look if I know I can’t afford it.

sport160

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Assuming some sensible budget limitation then a 911 GT3, maybe an early 997 version

Take away the budget restraints and the options are endless, but Id have to start with a TDF, beautifully aggresive styling and a hugely powerful V12

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Looking to replace the Cherokee with the new Bronco. Local dealer is having a reval party tomorrow night, might have to go check it out

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I have had my Mustang since March 2017 and I still absolutely love it. At the time, I would not have considered anything else.

Today, I have eyes for a Mach 1 but would also consider a BMW M2 or Supra.

m2112.jpg

grsup.jpg

Money no object? The Jaguar F-Type R is my dream car.

ftra.jpg

ftr2.jpg

As you can see, I have a thing for shapely Coupe's in red.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
This. Only it wouldn't be yellow.

New-Porsche-718-Gear-Patrol-slide-1-1940x1300.jpg

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I was shopping for other cars but they were all used as they were much more expensive...BM M2,M240, Audi S5, MB C43

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Great question. For me my choices are based on wanting a V8 engine, rear wheel drive, manual transmission and the ability to run the road course. Also, being inexpensive is great. I don't want a car that costs more than my Mustang unless the performance is much, much better.

I like the 911 but I think they are too expensive for what you get. The Cayman is too small. The 4.0 flat six is ok, but I don't think it's better than a Coyote. If a 911 cost ~$60k or less I would probably own one, but for $100k or more it's not worth it. I despise the sound of the straight sixes in BMWs, but I do really like the M2. If I didn't have the option of buying a domestic performance car with a V8, I might buy an M2. Newer Corvettes are too small inside, so they are out. I don't really like the engine or interior in the Camaro, but I do like the idea of the 1LE. If I for some reason absolutely couldn't buy a Mustang (such as Ford stopped making them) I might get a 1SS 1LE. I like the Challenger a lot, but currently I enjoy the road course too much. If I gave up the track I might get a Challenger.

I'm not interested in any current Japanese cars. No V8s. If the FRS came with a 350 hp NA V8, then I would be interested, but 100 hp? NO. I might consider a Hyundai Veloster N, but to me a front wheel drive 4 cylinder car isn't a good replacement for a RWD V8 car. I would only consider it as a replacement for the FiST, not the Mustang.

Can the answer be another Mustang? If I didn't buy my 2017 PP1, I would have loved to buy another GT350 instead. I'm interested in the new Mach 1 as well.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Great question. For me my choices are based on wanting a V8 engine, rear wheel drive, manual transmission and the ability to run the road course. Also, being inexpensive is great. I don't want a car that costs more than my Mustang unless the performance is much, much better.

I like the 911 but I think they are too expensive for what you get. The Cayman is too small. The 4.0 flat six is ok, but I don't think it's better than a Coyote. If a 911 cost ~$60k or less I would probably own one, but for $100k or more it's not worth it. I despise the sound of the straight sixes in BMWs, but I do really like the M2. If I didn't have the option of buying a domestic performance car with a V8, I might buy an M2. Newer Corvettes are too small inside, so they are out. I don't really like the engine or interior in the Camaro, but I do like the idea of the 1LE. If I for some reason absolutely couldn't buy a Mustang (such as Ford stopped making them) I might get a 1SS 1LE. I like the Challenger a lot, but currently I enjoy the road course too much. If I gave up the track I might get a Challenger.

I'm not interested in any current Japanese cars. No V8s. If the FRS came with a 350 hp NA V8, then I would be interested, but 100 hp? NO. I might consider a Hyundai Veloster N, but to me a front wheel drive 4 cylinder car isn't a good replacement for a RWD V8 car. I would only consider it as a replacement for the FiST, not the Mustang.

Can the answer be another Mustang? If I didn't buy my 2017 PP1, I would have loved to buy another GT350 instead. I'm interested in the new Mach 1 as well.

GT350 new slightly out of budget, use I could squeeze.

I love a cheap v8 though. I’d love a RC F, GS f, or M3 but you can only find them close to the mustang used when pricing.

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Used cars are king because most of the cars we like have terrible residual. I believe all of these are less than a new Mustang GT:

Pure unadulterated track toy: Lotus Elise/Exige S
Barely livable "summer" daily driver: 3rd/4th Gen Viper
More luxury, but still fairly sporty: Cadilliac CTS-V Coupe
Most Luxury, 4 door: Mercedes E63 AMG

Of your choices? Challenger 392.

I almost bought an 05 Viper Coupe, but instead went with the Mustang instead with plans on putting a blower on it to "correct" the horsepower.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
amrb001_top_gear_track_spec_01_front_34_02.jpg

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Id like to just put a shelby widebody kit and a e85 whipple setup on my 5.0

If it has to be a different car, probably a zr1, or c8 z06 whenever it comes out
Sponsored