Tuning for road racing

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
Gents,

For 100% racecar never on public road!

What kinds of things do the pro tuners tune for road racing only on the 2019 mustang GT A10 transmission?

delete Engine ECU speed limiter
delete A10 transmission speed limiter
delete second o2 sensors

can any anti-theft stuff or other things be deleted so then I can remove the 7 anti-theft key FOB antennas?

Are there things to shut off that can put the car in limp mode?

What else can or should be shut off?
Sponsored

OP
OP
fatbillybob

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
will do! Thanks

OP
OP
fatbillybob

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
Seems like that thread talks about the "steeda tune" but not what it is like tuning things out like the top speed limiter or changing rpm limits. They sell lots of different hardware on their website but don't do custom tunes past 2017. I'm also not a big fan of remote mail order tunes. It does not sound like one can really tune mail order but I am just starting to learn about tuning. Before I would just pay someone to do it on the dyno, but as my laptimes fall I'm starting to look at more places for a couple 10th's.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
It does not sound like one can really tune mail order but I am just starting to learn about tuning.
You can, because in a basic setup without many mods the stock Gen 3 ECU is very very capable and does not need alot of babysitting from the tuner's perspective. A custom tune is generally to modify the MAF curve if going with a different intake and adding a bunch of base timing. But from there, the computer does all the work in setting the actual timing and fueling, so a "base remote tune" can work very well.

Sponsored

RBELUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT P1
Vehicle Showcase
some tuners use in my opinion to firm shifts and to high rev limits for the A10 in road course which can unsettle the car in upshifts/downshifts exiting/entering corners. I've had to have mine edited a few times for this. when the mismatch was to great the paddles lost function as well. be sure you state/talk to the tuner prior so they fully understand what you need.

OP
OP
fatbillybob

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
Im actually happy with the a10 shifting sport in manual as is. It is as good as the cayman pdk. Thanks for the warning.
Sponsored