OP
dead_inside

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
All of this to get better handling.
Good lawd! You have been busy dude! I’m not sure if you can tell due to the long list of mods, especially if done at the same time, but how did securing the IRS impact the “feel” of launching? I know wheel hop is greatly reduced but does straight line acceleration feel stronger outside of that reduction? I have the BMR cb005, scb006, and cb762 kits waiting to be installed and I’ve read securing the IRS is amazing for the “feel” of acceleration. Obviously a more planted rear end has many benefits but I was just curious.

What will you be doing with all this new found handling?
Sponsored

OP
OP
dead_inside

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
Fuel

I’m gonna toss this in here to avoid a new thread but I’m troubleshooting my tune and need to eliminate bad fuel being an issue. I use 76 because they are the only ones that have 92 octane around the Puyallup area. For the guys who are knowledgeable about this type of thing and keep an eye on it, who has the best premium gas locally? I see 91 available at places like Shell and Chevron. Any help and info is appreciated!

Bullitt_3461

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang Mach 1
What's up! Good thread. I just bought my 19' Bullitt at the end of February and I've only done one mod since. Last week I installed a JLT 3.0 oil separator for the passenger side. I don't have a garage currently so I'm not able to do most of the mods I have planned on my own. I'm focusing on paying the vehicle off within the next 10 months but I think once the Covid restrictions get lifted I would like to find a shop to install this - https://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-ultimate-irs-stop-the-hop-package-2015-all-555-2129.html as well as the rear diff bushing kit. After the car is paid off I want to do a better air filter, long tubes, x or h pipe (can't decide which) and aftermarket active exhaust with a tune, maybe some diff wheels after that, and that will be it for mods.

Bullitt_3461

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang Mach 1
I was also going to say - I've been cruising a lot lately in my free time and haven't found very many good country roads - what are some of you guys' favorite roads to cruise on?

2 weeks ago I took 90 from Seattle to Snoqualmie and up through Carnation and up to highway 2, then back to Seattle.

OP
OP
dead_inside

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
What's up! Good thread.
Congrats on the Bullitt! I’m pretty south of you, so I’m not sure about up where you are but there is an awesome and affordable self service garage in Tacoma. Great staff, lift bays, and selection of tool rentals for standard and specialty stuff.

If you find yourself near Auburn, Green Valley Rd is a short but gorgeous drive out toward Flaming Geyser park. Stop at Green Valley meats for a Farmer sausage and some pepperoni sticks on your way back too.

Sponsored

Bullitt_3461

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang Mach 1
Congrats on the Bullitt! I’m pretty south of you, so I’m not sure about up where you are but there is an awesome and affordable self service garage in Tacoma. Great staff, lift bays, and selection of tool rentals for standard and specialty stuff.

If you find yourself near Auburn, Green Valley Rd is a short but gorgeous drive out toward Flaming Geyser park. Stop at Green Valley meats for a Farmer sausage and some pepperoni sticks on your way back too.
Thanks! I live in North Seattle (Fremont). I've heard of this place in SoDo - https://theshopclubs.com - I believe they have lifts and areas to rent for a month to work on projects. I really want to go to one of their meet ups after they open back up, the restaurant looks awesome. I've been working on my own cars for 18 years (S2000, 240SX, Integra - used to be really into JDM function/track products over the crappy stance fashion that has ruined that scene) now that I have a good job it doesn't bother me to pay a speed shop to install parts or do work. But if I decide to take the plunge I'll check em out.

I'll def check that drive out soon!

Tyeayo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Nice, you've been busy!!
I bought my 2018 GT Premium at the end of February after driving one for a week down in San Francisco last summer, I knew I had to have one after that! Found her at Fugate Ford, great guys btw

I've not done much, got the windows tinted, installed an H pipe (I have active exhaust), installed a set of steeda progressive lowering springs and replaced the pirelli p zero with a set of Firestone indy 500s.

I was looking forward to meeting up with fellow mustang owners but this corona has really put a damper in things.

I live in Spanaway and have taken a few spirited jaunts out to Alder Lake....some pretty nice twisties out that way!

Hopefully things will get back to normal soon, I've been out of the car scene since 2009, looking forward to meeting up and learning

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
Stews garage rents bays too

OP
OP
dead_inside

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
Amazing almost 3 months have gone by. I have started taking drives to get some photos for the photography thread. That’s become a fun side hobby but I’m by no means a photographer. It’s just for fun and to stretch her legs. I will be getting my BMR IRS kits on this Sunday, finally! Anyone get some installs done? Have anything exciting lined up in the near future?

Tyeayo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Amazing almost 3 months have gone by. I have started taking drives to get some photos for the photography thread. That’s become a fun side hobby but I’m by no means a photographer. It’s just for fun and to stretch her legs. I will be getting my BMR IRS kits on this Sunday, finally! Anyone get some installs done? Have anything exciting lined up in the near future?
I dunno, this place is pretty dead, which is strange cause there's quite a few s550s in this puget sound area alone. More talking going on in the facebook groups....pnwS550s and south sound stangs mostly....

Sucks cause I see the cali local section and they've got tons of stuff on sale and meets and what not...

Sponsored

Bullitt_3461

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang Mach 1
I dunno, this place is pretty dead, which is strange cause there's quite a few s550s in this puget sound area alone. More talking going on in the facebook groups....pnwS550s and south sound stangs mostly....

Sucks cause I see the cali local section and they've got tons of stuff on sale and meets and what not...
I know right? I've been cruising and taking photos, really wish someone would plan a meet where we can at least wear masks and cruise/have a meetup.

OP
OP
dead_inside

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
I did check out those FB groups and there is more activity. I haven’t ventured out to any of them though. Next thing on my to do list is some paint correction. I’ve never attempted anything like that previously. So after much reading on here I’ve decided to give it a go. I’ll post some pics after I finally get it done.

Side note: Saw my first Bullitt today and even at a distant drive by, it was beautiful. I’m looking forward to seeing some Bullitts and GT350s

Bullitt_3461

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang Mach 1
I did check out those FB groups and there is more activity. I haven’t ventured out to any of them though. Next thing on my to do list is some paint correction. I’ve never attempted anything like that previously. So after much reading on here I’ve decided to give it a go. I’ll post some pics after I finally get it done.

Side note: Saw my first Bullitt today and even at a distant drive by, it was beautiful. I’m looking forward to seeing some Bullitts and GT350s
Where at? It might have been me lol.