Sponsored

Boosted 350's come on in!

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
GT3503.0STD.jpg
Finally got a good pull after working out some gremlins on my car and tune revision

It started misfiring on the dyno after first pull with old tune -made about 830.
We first tried some colder brisk plugs but still did the same.

Misfire was on drivers side so swapped the coils which fixed the misfire but was then down on power. Plugs may have been too cold so went back to NGK and it did better like it did before first misfire .

I was may be expecting more but that's similar to what my 18 GT/Gen 5 whipple - made on the same dyno/pulley(3.0) so the dyno may just read low.

I am happy with it but may drop down to a 2.85 pulley ...currently on the 18GT which will be getting a 10 rib when I swap in its new motor. Its stock motor is still good and makes 900 whp with that pulley so I would expect the same with the GT350.

Engine is RPG sleeved Gen 1 block/Diamond 12:1 CR pistons /Manley rods. Heads are stock with valves spring upgrade/head studs. Stock headers with cat delete. Fuel is E85/lethal return with triple pumps. Spec SS twin disc clutch with QAI drive shaft. Rear end is stock but thinking of going to a 3.31 for drag racing

Lund did mention he does not think diamond makes a true 12:1 CR pistons and thinks its making torque like it 10:1 CR.

Motor is consuming some oil and may be losing some coolant so I may swap the motor at some point(will have RPG go through it ) for a spare I had built- a stock engine I had upgraded with Manley rods/ valve springs and upgraded phasers . Stock pistons so should be a true 12:1 CR.
it will be interesting to see if that motor will make more power .
GT3503.0SAEboost.jpg

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
so is the general consensus that up to 1000 rwhp all the factory chain guides and tensioners are good? i just wonder since we're doing the opg/cs already...
That was my thinking. While I was in and already removing the guides, I figured let’s upgrade to something stronger. I’m sure the factory plastic timing chain guide components can handle a lot, but for how long?

CobraCommander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
If you are doing OPG's and CS, why in the hell would you not upgrade the arms, tensioners, etc? An extremely small price to pay for added insurance and might as well do it while the front cover of the car is off and you're already touching those parts to begin with.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
If you are doing OPG's and CS, why in the hell would you not upgrade the arms, tensioners, etc? An extremely small price to pay for added insurance and might as well do it while the front cover of the car is off and you're already touching those parts to begin with.
i dont disagree. my Q is what other brands are available to us besides MMR? or is it only MMR...

Sponsored

CobraCommander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
i dont disagree. my Q is what other brands are available to us besides MMR? or is it only MMR...
Pretty much it. I believe there is a "Shelby Mike" brand out there, but didn't seem appealing to me at all. I went with all MMR components.

OhChuteRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The MMR tensioner is junk and so is the company. The 350 tensioners are the same style as the boss 302 tensioner that Ford Performance sells and used in the Cobra Jet cars. It's also what everyone used to switch too before the "billet" ones from MMR. I can't imagine there is much if any performance gain with theirs. The billet guides are an ok idea I'd just never put anything MMR on my car and without beating on the car with a two step the factory guides will be just fine. You are probably more likely to break a secondary chain than the factory primary guides.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
guys what's your take on this company's "SP1000" package, see their vid here:

they charge $17,750 (parts and labor included)...you get...
ProCharger P-1X - Palm Beach Dyno Custom Tune - Injector Dynamics ID1050X Injectors - Jms Chip Boost-a-Pump - Stainless Works Headers - Brisk USA Spark Plugs - Billet Oil Pump Gears - Ford Performance Gaskets - E85

they dyno 1014 crank hp and 862 rwhp as what you'll get. if i piece it together myself, depending on who does the labor, seems you can get this on your own for about $11k all-in (give or take).

what they dont list is how much boost. anyway just found it interesting...

CobraCommander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
guys what's your take on this company's "SP1000" package, see their vid here:

they charge $17,750 (parts and labor included)...you get...
ProCharger P-1X - Palm Beach Dyno Custom Tune - Injector Dynamics ID1050X Injectors - Jms Chip Boost-a-Pump - Stainless Works Headers - Brisk USA Spark Plugs - Billet Oil Pump Gears - Ford Performance Gaskets - E85

they dyno 1014 crank hp and 862 rwhp as what you'll get. if i piece it together myself, depending on who does the labor, seems you can get this on your own for about $11k all-in (give or take).

what they dont list is how much boost. anyway just found it interesting...
Needs the following:

MFP Crank Support (if Procharger isn't including one in their kits)

ID1300X's

Fore Triple Pump Fuel system

Anything forced induction running on stock pumps and a BAP is just asking for trouble, especially if something goes out under load.

Sponsored

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Needs the following:

MFP Crank Support (if Procharger isn't including one in their kits)

ID1300X's

Fore Triple Pump Fuel system

Anything forced induction running on stock pumps and a BAP is just asking for trouble, especially if something goes out under load.
seems like the majority guys are running no return fuel system and id1050x with a good tune and bap.

I don't believe there's a crank support for the Voodoo yet.

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
seems like the majority guys are running no return fuel system and id1050x with a good tune and bap.

MFP makes a Crank Support for the Whipple 10-rib kits and most recently the standard 6-rib kit.

CobraCommander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350

Can you "get away with it?" Yes.

Is it smart? No.

Why in the hell would you go cheap on your fuel system on a car like this? Makes no damn sense what-so-ever.
Sponsored