Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

IMCHRGD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackson
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Roush
My heat rises big-time when the engine is off. As soon as I start up, the temps come down....especially if I use the cruise control to turn on the fans and also rev the engine a bit.

The highest temp I saw at the track in the staging area was 135 and ambient was high 70s-80. I was also at the track in the 60s but only got in one run. Iat2 was still around 130 in the staging lane.

I wonder if the VMP tune might create a bit more heat if the timing is advanced more or if it is a bit leaner.
Sounds like a prime candidate for a Killer Chiller, lol

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
So you'd rather complain about a heat soaking issue because you hot lapped your car and think VMPs tune would eliminate your issues?
You must have me confused with someone else. I have NEVER EVER complained about heatsoaking issues since getting the Roush. I have Zero concerns about heatsoak and have said so more than once. If I get a custom tune, it will be for transmission behavior and part-throttle response...sure as hell not for hearsoak.

If I lived in a brutally hot climate, I probably would not have gotten the Roush kit. If I did, however, I would consider cooling mods....probably a larger HE or a remote tank. Likewise, if I was bracket racing here every week and needed consistency, cooling mods would be great. For my use as a street car in Minnesota, and picking/ choosing when to go to the strip, I would not screw with my A/C system looking for the ultimate lowest ET.

I am not criticizing anyone for getting a KC. We don't all have the same needs or goals.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My Roush warranty didn’t start until I had my car for 7 months, which means I have 25 months left, I’m moving to Fl in Jan 2022 which is 18 months from now, I’ll have 7 months left on my Roush warranty.

I never race my car in soup anyway, so the KC is sweet for (Fl/AZ/TX) but with only 7 months left on the warranty I want my car to be worth the most coin I can get, modifying the AC, custom tunes imo devalue the car.

I’ll be trading it in once I’m in Florida but in the meantime I have fall/winter twice at Atco or until the temps come out of real feel 100+ :cwl:

Last edited:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
My Roush warranty didn’t start until I had my car for 7 months, which means I have 25 months left, I’m moving to Fl in Jan 2022 which is 18 months from now, I’ll have 7 months left on my Roush warranty.
I never race my car in soup anyway, so the KC is sweet for (Fl/AZ/TX) but with only 7 months left on the warranty I want my car to be worth the most coin I can get, modifying the AC, custom tunes imo devalue the car.
I’ll be trading it in once I’m in Florida but in the meantime I have fall/winter twice at Atco or until the temps come out of real feel 100+ :cwl:
Joel,........going to go the C8 route after you acclimate to the Florida lifestyle?

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Joel,........going to go the C8 route after you acclimate to the Florida lifestyle?
70k for a car, no way
I don't have that kinda coin

My girl and I will retire, we will only need one car. Probably a new Civic Sport Touring Hatch, once I’m there a year I will look at a 2022-2023 California Special Convertible or a low miles 2021 C8 Z51 1LT for me

50k is my limit on a toy

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL

You are very wrong about when your Roush warranty started... It started from the you day you purchased your car... NOT when you bought the blower...

ER... maybe i don't understand what you wrote...

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
He may not have stated it quite clearly but Stymee knows the warranty expires 36 months from date he put the car in service. No one on earth did more research before getting his supercharger. :crackup:

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
They initially were wanting close to 10k but made me screenshot beefcakes quote and email it to them. After that it was a breeze. Hopefully it wont take too long to get it in
If the delaer would have given me that deal I would have had them install it for sure. Puts a little extra liability on the dealer.
You are very wrong about when your Roush warranty started... It started from the you day you purchased your car... NOT when you bought the blower...

100% true

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

Read what I said, I had my car for roughly 8 months before the blower went on, so when the blower was installed I had 28 months left

Now it’s July and I only have 25 left and when I leave for Florida I’ll have 7ish left

I was WELL AWARE of when the warranty started :like:

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Is anyone running E85 on this set up? Is it even possible, and if so what upgrades would be needed?

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Is anyone running E85 on this set up? Is it even possible, and if so what upgrades would be needed?
Return Style Fuel System (Fore System)
ID1050x Injectors, Not sure if u would need to run different fuel rails but u may need them too