Sponsored

New Navigation map update June 29th

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
It also doesn't address losing Navigation as a voice command.

Hi Jonathon. It's getting really hard to keep track of all the posts on two different thread, but this was posted the other day. This addresses the license error but still does not rectify why 1.19 still doesn't show up for owners with 3.3
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Yep they said they would push it up to their research team. The sad part, is we don't even know if it actually updated the maps, since it still shows the old map version.

I have been on the phone several times with the help folks. Have you called them to talk to them and have they opened a case number? You and I have the exact same issues, so it cannot be an anomaly.

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
It seems that you get more than one map update as this is the second one I have been able to get as i had gotten one in Jan. I just got the new CC license file (it was CB a few days ago) so I won't know for sure if it updates to 1.19 until I go through the update process. When I updated to 1.18 in Jan, it stayed at 1.17 due to some bug apparently.

It works fine with my 3.0 64gb sandisk ultra. I have not performed the actual update as the license file was not correct (CB version). Now that I have the CC version it gets me past the ver_err06 error. Will try to go through the entire update today or tomorro
Yep they said they would push it up to their research team. The sad part, is we don't even know if it actually updated the maps, since it still shows the old map version.
i believe it is 2 different issues. First issue, I believe the maps do get updated, likely bug that fails to update field on the display screen. Likely a very easy software fix, but not considered by Ford to be a big deal until they roll out Sync 3.4. Second issue in my mind is the bigger issue. Somehow the nav update is short-circuiting the completion of the update that enables the nav voice commands. I am not optimistic that they will be able to quickly remedy this issue. I’m going to try to get into the dealer next week, again not optimistic.

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
Update..(Pun intended) I had 3.3 19052 with 1.18 map before the update. Still can't tell as it shows 1.17 but after it rebooted twice it said installation complete and now my navigation voice commands don't work so I guess it updated. This is the details screen..
20200709_163644.jpg

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
Update..(Pun intended) I had 3.3 19052 with 1.18 map before the update. Still can't tell as it shows 1.17 but after it rebooted twice it said installation complete and now my navigation voice commands don't work so I guess it updated. This is the details screen..
20200709_163644.jpg
Next they’ll be telling us that not having nav voice commands is a new “feature”.........

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Let me know how it goes with dealer. I'm thinking they should be able to reload Sync and that should fix the issue.

i believe it is 2 different issues. First issue, I believe the maps do get updated, likely bug that fails to update field on the display screen. Likely a very easy software fix, but not considered by Ford to be a big deal until they roll out Sync 3.4. Second issue in my mind is the bigger issue. Somehow the nav update is short-circuiting the completion of the update that enables the nav voice commands. I am not optimistic that they will be able to quickly remedy this issue. I’m going to try to get into the dealer next week, again not optimistic.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Let me know how it goes with dealer. I'm thinking they should be able to reload Sync and that should fix the issue.
Someone on here received a file from Ford that erased maps from their system. Upon reloading they said everything was good. Do not remember if they had 3.0 or 3.3.

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
Just got this note from Ford. Not sure what it does, but their sending me a new USB.

"Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for placing your recent SYNC® 3 Navigation Map Update order! We know you are excited to install the new 2020 Navigation Map Update and begin enjoying all the new features. Unfortunately, your order was identified as receiving the old license file as part of the new update. As a result we are providing a simple solution for you to receive the new license file:"

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Just got this note from Ford. Not sure what it does, but their sending me a new USB.

"Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for placing your recent SYNC® 3 Navigation Map Update order! We know you are excited to install the new 2020 Navigation Map Update and begin enjoying all the new features. Unfortunately, your order was identified as receiving the old license file as part of the new update. As a result we are providing a simple solution for you to receive the new license file:"
Don't bother. It includes the correct license file to get rod of the 005 loading error. It doesn't help with the other issues. Be smart, pass for now.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
It allows you to get rid of your navigation voice controls, which ironically is one of Ford's big marketing points for getting navigation in the first place.

"Dear Valued Customer,

Sponsored

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Hi Jonathon. It's getting really hard to keep track of all the posts on two different thread, but this was posted the other day. This addresses the license error but still does not rectify why 1.19 still doesn't show up for owners with 3.3
Hey man,

Honestly got fed up and took a break from this until I heard from Ford. So even if the update works it still is on an outdated version? I was afraid of this because the file names match the 1.18 files.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Hey man,

Honestly got fed up and took a break from this until I heard from Ford. So even if the update works it still is on an outdated version? I was afraid of this because the file names match the 1.18 files.
We do not know this yet because no one who had 3.3 and updated from 1.17 to 1.18 can see 1.19 on there about sync screen. There is probably a way to tell using the files shown in bezel diagnostics but who do we trust to give us the right numbers.

Now we know there is a new version for those with 3.0. They have confirmed their screens show 1.19.

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
We do not know this yet because no one who had 3.3 and updated from 1.17 to 1.18 can see 1.19 on there about sync screen. There is probably a way to tell using the files shown in bezel diagnostics but who do we trust to give us the right numbers.

Now we know there is a new version for those with 3.0. They have confirmed their screens show 1.19.
So an older version of Sync works like it should? Perfect, just perfect.

dconfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Very interested to hear if the dealership can restore your voice commands, and how they do it. I suspect many of us are in the same boat.
I have an appointment next Wednesday so we shall see.

Multitask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2020 MKZ Hybrid
I updated mine from 1-18 to 1-19 on my 2020 MKZ-Hybrid... so I know it works... but I also have the stock 3.4 19274 , so maybe it's having issues with the earlier versions?
For those that didn't know, the upgrade took about 1 hour to finish....for just the maps.
Sponsored