Biggsy's Track Build

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Looking forward to Sunday man! Should be a lot of fun and I think you'll like the course. Great work on the splitter rods, the car looks fantastic, superb. Hopefully you get the rear alignment fixed and you'll be ready to rip.
Sponsored

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Thanks Doug!
You should be fine. Iā€™m at -2.3 now without any issues. I was at -1.4 before my last alignment so youā€™ll definitely be fine. Great wheel choice by the way!
Thanks for the info. I have about 10 different sets of wheels on my want list, but the SM-10's are near the top, just trying to decide what exactly I want! I might just go with the 52 offsets all around and run spacers in the front, then I have some offset adjustably depending on what I want to do years down the road. (Don't want to buy wheels again!) Noticed Apex is running a pretty good sale on the rear 19x11.5's in black, might just go with those in the rear and the 19x11's in the front. Would rather have anthracite, but for the sale price, I guess I would always get them powder coated in the future if I want. Planning on 295/35 front and 305/35 rear tires sizes.

Again, nice car!

Thanks,

Doug

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info. I have about 10 different sets of wheels on my want list, but the SM-10's are near the top, just trying to decide what exactly I want! I might just go with the 52 offsets all around and run spacers in the front, then I have some offset adjustably depending on what I want to do years down the road. (Don't want to buy wheels again!) Noticed Apex is running a pretty good sale on the rear 19x11.5's in black, might just go with those in the rear and the 19x11's in the front. Would rather have anthracite, but for the sale price, I guess I would always get them powder coated in the future if I want. Planning on 295/35 front and 305/35 rear tires sizes.

Again, nice car!

Thanks,

Doug
Iā€™m running a set of their 19x11 +52 ec-7ā€™s with 20mm spacers and 285ā€™s. Strut clearance is tight but the fit is excellent with -1.7* camber. With 295 Michelinā€™s (Michelinā€™s in general have huge wheel lip protectors) youā€™d have to go with a 25mm spacer minimum. My car is also a street car so running around with -2.5* wasnā€™t really something I needed so with the wheel/tire size/combo I went with, it lets me have my cake and eat it too. Hope that helps!

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Had another Trackcross event at Dominion yesterday with @Bluemustang. Much much better experience than 2 weeks ago. I had the 3rd fastest time in my class (novice) in both sessions. In the afternoon, the fastest time in the afternoon was a gt350 and was faster by half a second. I saw improvements in my time for every run dropping about 2+ seconds every run so thats a positive. I understand Trackcross is a bit
A couple changes form last time out:
  • splitter rods
  • taller shift knob (Raceseng cylinder top knob with 150 handle)
  • new alignment
The results were amazing and the car did way better than expected.
  • The splitter rods helped push down the splitter, making me more planted.
  • The alignment I had before was terrible in the rear and this time out I had -1.7* on both sides with -2.3 up front and I didn't have any issues with the tire rolling over. The previous alignment was -1.6*/-0.40* (Left/Right) in the rear so left turns were terrible
  • The shift knob made a HUGE difference compared to the shorter slammer knob (will post comparisons later). Downshifting was easier and less lockout occurrences providing me with greater exit speed. Definitely love the knob change.
Couple of notes:
  • Still need to improve driving skills but that will come with time. My line has to be better.
  • Still getting locked out at high RPM shifts so I may look into picking up a Mach 500 Stage 1 very soon and because my TOB might be dying on me. (So if anybody in Maryland wants to do/help with the install feel free to let me know :like:)
  • As I get faster around the tracks, I would like to move up to GLOC racing pads like R10/R8
  • Re71Rs are amazing and continue to give me confidence as I get more seat time.
Future plans:
  • i have another event July 26 at Summit so I will be looking forward to that. Hoping to make enough progress to do HPDE in September.
  • I bought the Super Pro trans bushing with plans to install this week. (@Brian@BMVK sold me on it)
  • Looking into a clutch kit upgrade
  • Verus diffuser(@Bluemustang sold me on it)
  • Glock brake pads with new OEM rotors
  • A shift light would definitely be nice to have. I am so concentrated on the track that I dont know exactly where the tach is at all times especially with the wheel covering some of it.. A digital cluster would help but I dont feel like spending 2k for one. I could use an Arduino board but we will see.

Also I just want to say a huge thank you to @Brian@BMVK again. Brian definitely knows his stuff and couldn't enjoy my car like this without his help. As always I look forward to improving and getting better around the track.

With that being said, Happy Monday and I hope everyone has a positive life changing week

IMG_3502.JPG

Last edited:

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
It was a blast hanging with you man! Btw your car sounds amazing. I would see you coming into the "ez does it" turn and be like, "Yeah! Go Warren!".
Thanks for stopping to help me on the side of the road, I owe ya one. Hopefully I can get back out there with you with my front splitter fixed. Shame I didn't get to hang around and complete the afternoon runs.

Sponsored

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
I'm Glad I got Ryan to get the Verus diffuser and now he roped you into getting it lol, its coming full circle now.:crackup:

Last edited:

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I'm Glad I got Ryan to get the Verus diffuser and now he roped you into getting it lol, its coming full circle now.:crackup:
The circle continues lol. And now I think we have a second Warren joining the fold! New guy we met yesterday. He invited me and Warren over to comment on his S197 - big mistake lol. Now he's likely doing brake and tire upgrades. Down down the rabbit hole. Hahaha

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
It was a blast hanging with you man! Btw your car sounds amazing. I would see you coming into the "ez does it" turn and be like, "Yeah! Go Warren!".
Thanks for stopping to help me on the side of the road, I owe ya one. Hopefully I can get back out there with you with my front splitter fixed. Shame I didn't get to hang around and complete the afternoon runs.
Had a great time man. And honestly you dont owe me anything. I am just glad you made it home safely. We will definitely get you set before next weekend!

Haha yea man. Im not mad at people showing me how to spend my money, but my bank account is lol. Looking forward to seeing you next week!

The circle continues lol. And now I think we have a second Warren joining the fold! New guy we met yesterday. He invited me and Warren over to comment on his S197 - big mistake lol. Now he's likely doing brake and tire upgrades. Down down the rabbit hole. Hahaha
I was messaging him on FB today and he is already deep in that rabbit hole lol but I cant blame him. You and Brian did the same to me.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
While I'm working from home today, here is a video of my fastest run of the day. Yes, I know the driving is terrible but I'm learning. Videos and driving will get better as time progresses (hopefully the driving more than the videos). Thanks for watching if you do.

Last edited:

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Cool video and software man! I can't say I didn't warn you about the brake zone at the end of the straight :cwl:. That's a 40 mph corner. But, helps that I've been on the course before.
Looking forward to having more fun at events and improving with you!

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m running a set of their 19x11 +52 ec-7ā€™s with 20mm spacers and 285ā€™s. Strut clearance is tight but the fit is excellent with -1.7* camber. With 295 Michelinā€™s (Michelinā€™s in general have huge wheel lip protectors) youā€™d have to go with a 25mm spacer minimum. My car is also a street car so running around with -2.5* wasnā€™t really something I needed so with the wheel/tire size/combo I went with, it lets me have my cake and eat it too. Hope that helps!
If you are on 285 why didn't you get 19x10. I'm trying hard to decide between 19x10 and 19x11 all around but the only semi slicks available for my car in Europe are 275/35 so I think I will go with the 19x10 option.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
While I'm working from home today, here is a video of my fastest run of the day. Yes, I know the driving is terrible but I'm learning. Videos and driving will get better as time progresses (hopefully the driving more than the videos). Thanks for watching if you do.
Is it just me or does the car push a little (understeer) ? Also what you use for the ODB data with the RPM's I kind of want to buy a kiwi to link with my TrackAddict.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
cheaper than KIWI was it hard to setup with TrackAddict I also have iPhone.
Not really. I only had two instances where the app did not record the MPH for whatever reason but to prevent it from happening again I just closed out TrackAddict and it would pull up a little bit to make sure it was working. Simple to use and I like that it controls your Go Pro when you start recording in the app. Next thing is a GPS device that doesnā€™t cost so much.
Still trying to understand how to use the Race Render software.
Sponsored