SPRING RATES & DROPS: ALL IN ONE THREAD!!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
but still don't have a solution to the original problem of the car rocking back and forth with wavy road surfaces. I have a feeling new springs may make it worse but don't know if different shocks would help
well, quit driving on roads where the semi's have carved channels into the road surface. :)
Though you may need to get way out of town for that.

stiffer bars will transmit more forces left-right but ultimately shocks won't solve such low-frequency loading either. (aside: bHmm, has anyone driven a car without rollbars? would the handling be evil?) Maybe @Brian@BMVK 's new-found Viking solution could help. But ultimately this is a choice of road problem I think.

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Hmm. It's not bouncing, it rolls nicely through the dips in the road. I had the car aligned to GT350 specs to try and eliminate any scrub radius issues but who knows. This is probably me just being too whiny, because it sticks to the road like glue and on nice smooth roads it handles great.
Bump steer doesn't mean your car is bouncing. It means toe is changing with suspension travel. So as the wheel moves though it's travel it steers the car (in an unintended manor). Also the wide wheels can contribute to tramlining.

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
Had the Bilsteins yesterday, well worthwhile although I need a few more miles for a proper judgement but love the difference so far.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
For those looking for a great deal on Steeda springs - they are now 15% off during our Father's Day Sale.

TJ

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Installed the Steeda Ultra Light springs last week on my 2020 GT PP1. Just wanted to share what others have said, they seemed to drop the car way more than the advertised 1.125" F / 1.0" R. The rear is so low that I don't even want to clock the bushings at the risk it will drop lower. Just ordered a set of BMR springs for a more subtle drop. I have maybe 1/8th of an inch or less in the rear wheel gap, don't feel comfortable with that personally. I didn't even have to compress the front springs to get them installed on Koni front struts either. No rubbing though.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Where are the numbers for stock spring rates coming? I'm curious if HPP Eco's get the same rates as other PP cars.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
I didn't realize how bad the stock PP dampers were until I replaced them with only 250 miles on the car. They felt floaty and very "unplanted". I put Koni Yellows and BMR SP083s on the car, and it's such a joy to drive now.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
Installed the Steeda Ultra Light springs last week on my 2020 GT PP1. Just wanted to share what others have said, they seemed to drop the car way more than the advertised 1.125" F / 1.0" R. The rear is so low that I don't even want to clock the bushings at the risk it will drop lower. Just ordered a set of BMR springs for a more subtle drop. I have maybe 1/8th of an inch or less in the rear wheel gap, don't feel comfortable with that personally. I didn't even have to compress the front springs to get them installed on Koni front struts either. No rubbing though.
I did the same last week and the rear is much lower. I am pulling them off as soon as I decide what springs I am going with. What sucks is I love the ride. I installed Steeda adjustable shocks. But the ass end dragging the ground aint my style

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
I did the same last week and the rear is much lower. I am pulling them off as soon as I decide what springs I am going with. What sucks is I love the ride. I installed Steeda adjustable shocks. But the ass end dragging the ground aint my style
Just install the spacer then?

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
I ended up finally installing the Steeda minimum drop springs. Love them.

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Ecoboost fastback
That lower rear than the front concerns me as I bought a set of Ultra Lights for my Ecoboost. I'm hoping results will be different as GT's are heavier than Ecoboosts (obviously).

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
That lower rear than the front concerns me as I bought a set of Ultra Lights for my Ecoboost. I'm hoping results will be different as GT's are heavier than Ecoboosts (obviously).
Unless there's a specific EB Ultralight part number, expect the front to not drop as far as a GT, and the rear to drop about the same.

Norm

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
Unless there's a specific EB Ultralight part number, expect the front to not drop as far as a GT, and the rear to drop about the same.

Norm
Sounds about right. My GT350r springs are listed as having 5/8" drop in front, 1/2" in back. On my EB it's right around 1/2" all around.

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Here is my GT with the steeda minimal drop springs, it sits lower on springs than what I have seen from previous years for whatever reason so these worked perfect.
IMG_0523-1 (2).jpg