Sponsored

New Navigation map update June 29th

dconfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just downloaded the new license file went for a ride and did the update. Got to the final message about pulling out the usb and before I could the system restarted and started reloading it again. Didn't want to stop it in the middle. I have 3.3 and the version didn't change. I was hoping this would bring back my nav voice commands no go. So off to the dealership I go.
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So what's the deal for us lucky Sync 3.3 (build 19052) owners? Do we have the correct 2019 maps and just the wrong 1.18 designation, or still have 2018 maps??? Like I mentioned, my voice commands fortunately work, so I'm not having any issues other than settings still show 1.18. I didn't notice nor check the previous 'gracenote' number, so no way to know that in my case.

I'm leaving for Austin shortly for a week, to see my daughters, so the Bullitt will be taking a week-long nap in the garage. Didn't have a chance to call Ford support, but will push for another free update due to mental anguish. Ha ha.

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
Just downloaded the new license file went for a ride and did the update. Got to the final message about pulling out the usb and before I could the system restarted and started reloading it again. Didn't want to stop it in the middle. I have 3.3 and the version didn't change. I was hoping this would bring back my nav voice commands no go. So off to the dealership I go.
it will pop up a message "update complete, remove usb" TWICE.. the first time its not actually done. the message lasts for 2-3 seconds, and then the system reboots, and automatically picks back up in the update, the update will run another 20-30 min after this, THEN it will display the "installation complete, remove usb" a second time. and this time the message will not go away until you dismiss it (or turn the vehicle off).

only after the second time the message pops up is the update actually complete..

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
Very interested to hear if the dealership can restore your voice commands, and how they do it. I suspect many of us are in the same boat.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
It stayed on for the entire 1.25 hours for me. I will admit, I had a beer and may have missed the first time it said it was complete. lol

Does the update software message stay on the whole time?

Sponsored

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
it will pop up a message "update complete, remove usb" TWICE.. the first time its not actually done. the message lasts for 2-3 seconds, and then the system reboots, and automatically picks back up in the update, the update will run another 20-30 min after this, THEN it will display the "installation complete, remove usb" a second time. and this time the message will not go away until you dismiss it (or turn the vehicle off).

only after the second time the message pops up is the update actually complete..
This was exactly what I experienced!

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
My "about " screen was displaying NA 117 even after updating to NA 118 last year

465424-b9e93513e6f3207b1b05a9c4a9d0e999.jpg

The IVSU screen showed this...

465354-b5ff052cf104c3aaf9e39f6ab700bece.png

As for the process.. It took 1hr 30mins
Once the USB was inserted, this came up and remained on screen throughout...

465425-fc1059ed9702bb07902f8b8bdcd740b7.jpg

The system rebooted 3 times without any intervention on my part. this message came up for a few seconds each time...

465371-e51ef4f31a50e42cf4ee66e2fb75e840.png

The last time this came up and remained on screen until I turned the car off...

465370-7d4eaeea778e871dc3ba0929fc3a33a9.png

Ended with this...

465426-8755206a70e19d5e4ea6b1c0f49ee989.jpg

Notice the change in file names for the last two..
If remember @UofMEngineer reported the 14G421 file was the map file and 14G422 was voice command.
That thread is Has anyone with Sync3 Nav successfully updated their maps?

Also, I can confirm voice command is working

Last edited:

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I tried again yesterday, but was still getting the error 5. Now I see about a new license file, but see how many other issues could arise.
I think I'm going to hold off trying anymore. All of the map updates are probably for places I'll never go anyways. I'll wait for 3.4 and all of the issues we'll all see from that. lol

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
So my end result was after the update, it still shows the same map that I had before AND Navigation is NO LONGER an option for voice control. This has turned out to be a crap show.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So my end result was after the update, it still shows the same map that I had before AND Navigation is NO LONGER an option for voice control. This has turned out to be a crap show.
So my USB sticks goes back in the drawer. :facepalm: Thank you for your efforts.

Sponsored

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
I have been on the phone several times with the help folks. Have you called them to talk to them and have they opened a case number? You and I have the exact same issues, so it cannot be an anomaly.

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I'm considering going the Cyanlabs route. That way I can get both Sync3.4 and new maps. Seems like a pretty straight forward process.
"Thanks to all the Russian guys over at https://ffclub.ru/topic/418797/ and a leaked ford flashing/formatting tool we have a solution."

No thanks.

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Apologies if this has already been asked, but I got halfway through the current 25 pages of replies and didn't see it (specifically):

Does the .zip file need to be unzipped? Note Ford tech support didn't say so, and I asked. It appears the big .zip file is a file of .zips so, presumably, Sync has an unzip tool embedded. So: download large .zip and license file to disk, unzip the .zip and copy to USB, then copy license file to root on USB, or within the folder that's (presumably) created by the unzip process?

Either Ford suffers "engineer's disease;" i.e. the guy/gal that wrote the instructions uses the process many times a day and doesn't even register all the 'special' steps that have to be done for it to work*, or Ford is just flat inept when it comes to software.

* Side note: I was a S/W engineer for 35 years, so, guilty.

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
So this is a long thread, but does anyone know WHY the engine needs to be running???

I called Ford and they confirmed that it had to be running, but no explanation.
Sponsored