Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
So prior to my long tubes and 4.09 gears I was running a Lunds 93 tune with no issues. I was interested in the vmp flex tune which I heard was very successful. After the installation I to pick up my car at my buddy speed shop. Who only does mustangs he was in the car with different sets of computers. He said my blind spot & cross traffic along with part of my gauge wasn't working it gave a fault code. Never had a issues before that and was with Lund they vmp 93 tune. He tried it with the Lunds and same thing happened. It only comes on when you are driving and you even get a wrench light. So he checked body modules and nothing. So I contacted lunds I also noticed my ecu strategy was no longer visible on the tuner. They said it was strange but they gave me a new tune so I can make adjustments. I was able to set the correct tire height and I also put 3.73 gears since it doesn't list 4.09. I took it for a long ride and no issues. So I returned my car to stock and loaded the vmp tune which they redid for more options. I did it the same way as lunds and the fault lights came on VMP told me to take it to the dealership it has a bad module. I said so why does lunds work fine. He was not pleased he answer why get another tune if have lunds. I said I always have 2 tunes yours was going to be my flex tune. Have not heard back from them and my other buddy has a dyno shop and works with them. He usually does my tunes hopefully they can figure it out or refund my money. I bought a flex tune from lunds since they had better answers for me. It's my 5th mustang and never had a issue before even with Bama.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Racerx009

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's not unusual for a person to move between tuning shops. The fact they act like that is VERY childish.
Agreed especially they work with my buddy dyno shop. I am retired certified mechanic and know when it's the car or the tune. Let's see if they refund my 300.00. I doubt it

OP
OP
Racerx009

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's not unusual for a person to move between tuning shops. The fact they act like that is VERY childish.
Also it's other businesses to they act like they are doing you a favor. Cj pony is another one you can't get them on the phone for a return but they are posting on Facebook and refuses to answer

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Agreed especially they work with my buddy dyno shop. I am retired certified mechanic and know when it's the car or the tune. Let's see if they refund my 300.00. I doubt it
Depending on how longs it been have your CC put on a stop payment.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Racerx009

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Depending on how longs it been have your CC put on a stop payment.
He emailed me to apologize for his comment. He is confused and so is Lund that my ECU STRATEGY # changed. I have dealt with John Nardi at lunds for a couple of years. He knows that when it comes to computers like laptops and smartphone phones. I scew it up so he always took the time to call me and walk me through everything. I warned VMP of the same and crazy things happen when I am around electronics. So I will give VMP a chance to figure it out.

L0566Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
So prior to my long tubes and 4.09 gears I was running a Lunds 93 tune with no issues. I was interested in the vmp flex tune which I heard was very successful. After the installation I to pick up my car at my buddy speed shop. Who only does mustangs he was in the car with different sets of computers. He said my blind spot & cross traffic along with part of my gauge wasn't working it gave a fault code. Never had a issues before that and was with Lund they vmp 93 tune. He tried it with the Lunds and same thing happened. It only comes on when you are driving and you even get a wrench light. So he checked body modules and nothing. So I contacted lunds I also noticed my ecu strategy was no longer visible on the tuner. They said it was strange but they gave me a new tune so I can make adjustments. I was able to set the correct tire height and I also put 3.73 gears since it doesn't list 4.09. I took it for a long ride and no issues. So I returned my car to stock and loaded the vmp tune which they redid for more options. I did it the same way as lunds and the fault lights came on VMP told me to take it to the dealership it has a bad module. I said so why does lunds work fine. He was not pleased he answer why get another tune if have lunds. I said I always have 2 tunes yours was going to be my flex tune. Have not heard back from them and my other buddy has a dyno shop and works with them. He usually does my tunes hopefully they can figure it out or refund my money. I bought a flex tune from lunds since they had better answers for me. It's my 5th mustang and never had a issue before even with Bama.
Have you tried hooking up Forscan, opening the BdyCAM module, and adjusting the "Axle Ratio" parameter? There are two rows. In the first one type 4.10, and then the second one should automatically update or you can select 4.10. Write and close. 4.10 is close enough to 4.09. I'd bet it fixes your problem.

paulmustangv6

Threads
Reaction score
Website
vintagemaker.net
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 EU GT with GT500 bumper
Have you tried hooking up Forscan, opening the BdyCAM module, and adjusting the "Axle Ratio" parameter? There are two rows. In the first one type 4.10, and then the second one should automatically update or you can select 4.10. Write and close. 4.10 is close enough to 4.09. I'd bet it fixes your problem.
Quote from relevant thread:
You would need an Nguage or an SCT device.
The BdCM tells the PCM what gear to expect. Mostly for automatic cars. The PCM has a range limit, if you change the number in forscan to a false ratio, the PCM will ignore it. If you change the actual gear to something out of range, it won't matter what you put in the BdCM

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/how-are-people-liking-4-09-gears-in-the-mt82.111146/page-13

Any news about adjusting via Forscan the "Axle Ratio" parameter?
Sponsored