Sponsored

RTR Grille install question

skinnysaurus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I don’t have a jack or jack stands. I could get one but I rather not if I can avoid it. Just wondering if it’s possible to get the front bumper off without taking off the front 2 wheels to install a RTR grille.
Sponsored

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Yes, I've done it multiple times. The only reason they tell you to take the wheels off is to get at the 2 10mm nuts holding the bumper behind the headlight. But it's much easier to get to those 2 bolts on each side from the top. And you don't need to jack the car up either. I leave the belly pan on and just take out the screws/clips for the splitter.

It's easiest if you have a 10mm deep socket and short ratchet, but it can be done with a ratcheting crescent wrench. I can't remember what the bolt size is for the screws holding on the splitter. IIRC it's 7mm.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
I don’t have a jack or jack stands. I could get one but I rather not if I can avoid it. Just wondering if it’s possible to get the front bumper off without taking off the front 2 wheels to install a RTR grille.
There no need to take off the front wheels to get the front bumper off to install a grille of any sort. The bumper can come off no issue with out taking the tires off or even with out a jack stand or lift. Just makes it much easier.
Sponsored