Sponsored

Torque down your strut mount nuts guys (facepalm moment)

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I once broke my nose tightening down wheel lugs at the track...my wrench decided to malfunction and my face went into the quarter-panel. What I’m saying is, is that what you did is not too bad. Glad you figured it out, and thanks for sharing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dn1984

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
I once broke my nose tightening down wheel lugs at the track...my wrench decided to malfunction and my face went into the quarter-panel. What I’m saying is, is that what you did is not too bad. Glad you figured it out, and thanks for sharing.
damn! glad i've never had a serious injury working on my car. just the usual cuts and bruises. worst thing i ever did with a tool is sheared off a lug stud on one of my old BMWs several years ago. shop that did my brakes overtorqued it or cross threaded and i ignored the heat on the stud as i was trying to remove. then it snapped and my knuckles smashed on the floor

OP
OP
dn1984

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am still having issues with these things staying torqued down. I applied blue loctite the other day and after driving a couple days, had to retorque again today all but the original factory nuts with no nylon. I got fed up so went to ace hardware and picked up some new nuts and washers to replace the nylon insert nuts. I put them on and torqued them down and will see how it does. It it comes loose again I think it more than likely has something to do with both the Steeda spacers and my Pedder's strut mount studs in combination, which will lead me to remove the Steeda strut tower brace unfortunately

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris
Same here. The nuts on the strut bolts won't stay tight no matter what. I literally have to go in and re-torque them each time the car is driven. I've sent a PM to TJ, an email to my sales person and left a not so great review for the bar on Steeda's website. I have received ZERO responses on all fronts. There are numerous users having the same exact issue.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Same here. The nuts on the strut bolts won't stay tight no matter what. I literally have to go in and re-torque them each time the car is driven. I've sent a PM to TJ, an email to my sales person and left a not so great review for the bar on Steeda's website. I have received ZERO responses on all fronts. There are numerous users having the same exact issue.
Scooter, you just private messaged me yesterday morning. Coming off of the holiday, thinks are crazy around here. I am working on seeing what our next steps are & providing you with a follow-up.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

TJ

Sponsored

OP
OP
dn1984

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scooter, you just private messaged me yesterday morning. Coming off of the holiday, thinks are crazy around here. I am working on seeing what our next steps are & providing you with a follow-up.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

TJ
Can you please post the resolution you decide on in here? Or PM me?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Here is the Steeda unit on one of our spec cars - As you can see with the attached Steeda Camber plates and the STB there is plenty of engagement.

If there is a combo of parts being used and the studs are not long enough for a strut tower brace then there is the potential issue.

upload_2020-7-7_23-6-25.jpeg

Send me your contact info - I am having our sales professionals address each issue.

TJ
upload_2020-7-7_23-3-36.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
dn1984

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is the Steeda unit on one of our spec cars - As you can see with the attached Steeda Camber plates and the STB there is plenty of engagement.

If there is a combo of parts being used and the studs are not long enough for a strut tower brace then there is the potential issue.

upload_2020-7-7_23-6-25.jpeg

We are able to send both of you custom spacers and nuts in billet machined aluminum - our engineering team is confident that will eliminate the issues that are being experience.

Send me your contact info - I am having our sales professionals address each issue.

TJ
upload_2020-7-7_23-3-36.jpeg
PM sent, thanks. I believe the billet spacers will solve the issue

dh3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 301a, Auto, Black, Black accent package

Ditto

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I believe that is the issue. There is not enough thread engagement on the strut bolts which is why the nuts kept stripping. I am not using any aftermarket strut mounts but do have Steeda springs and dampers installed using the OEM strut mounts.

UmhPwf2.jpg

zAYSzdl.jpg
View attachment 486045 View attachment 486046

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0

Sponsored

dh3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
After speaking with Mike@Steeda they seem to think that replacing the delrin spacers with aluminum units will correct the issue. They are sending me a set. I also forwarded him pictures showing all the mounting. I am using OEM strut mounts with Steeda springs and dampers. That was one of the questions he asked.

dh3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After speaking with Mike@Steeda they seem to think that replacing the delrin spacers with aluminum units will correct the issue. They are sending me a set. I also forwarded him pictures showing all the mounting. I am using OEM strut mounts with Steeda springs and dampers. That was one of the questions he asked.
Are the aluminum spacers thinner ?

OP
OP
dn1984

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
steeda just called me and is shipping out the new spacers and nuts tomorrow morning, and i will be sending the old ones back so they can evaluate. i think the new hardware will fix the problem. awesome customer service!
Sponsored