New Navigation map update June 29th

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
Well....went thru the update process. I still have 1 18 showing, and now my nav voice commands don’t work....so, FAILURE!!!!!
:crying:

uh oh..

im almost scared to try my nav voice commands.. i didnt even think to check them after i updated.. and i read about voice commands breaking in a couple of posts..

hopefully support can get you fixed up
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
That is not good news at all. I may just ask for my $40 back and stick to 1.18. I don't want to lose voice commands. I really don't even know why I am so worked up over getting 1.19, since I typically use WAZE...I guess it is just the point lol

Well....went thru the update process. I still have 1 18 showing, and now my nav voice commands don’t work....so, FAILURE!!!!!

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
You got it. Here are the screens I got after upgrading from 1.17 to 1.18. Honestly these look like Sync update files but Ford told me I had 1.18 so who knows.

Bezel Diagnostics 1.JPG
Bezel Diagnostics 2.JPG
hrm..

i see its only really file names and hashes.. i guess i could at least compare and make sure what is loaded on sync, is actually what was on the USB drive.. but im fairly confident it is.. afterall, support made me a file that erased my entire nav from the system and i had to reload it (from that paticular USB drive)

Sponsored

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
just an FYI, those that are redownloading their files looks like thats a smart move, i just got this email from support after i contacted them about verifying i did indeed have 1.19 files and not downloaded and installed 1.18 again.

upload_2020-7-8_12-37-16.png

so, take that for what its worth, if i get new/updated info, i'll update here also

EDIT: so i sent a reply back with the filenames of each and every file in my map update (syn32.zip) and listed the file name of my license file.. all of which can be found in the screenshot in this post: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-update-june-29th.143298/page-21#post-2954499

the support agent i spoke with assured me that those files are indeed the 1.19 files, and that my license file is also correct (4U5T-14G424-CC.tar.gz), and that if i were to install those files, i would be running the 1.19 version of maps.

when i responded and said that is the version i installed but the version number in the "About SYNC" screen had not changed, the agent then mentioned the bug that @Bikeman315 has been talking about. in SYNC 3 3.3 (and only 3.3) there is a bug where it will not list the map version OR gracenote version correctly. however it will be fixed in the next version of SYNC.

they didnt tell me what the next version number was (assuming 3.4), however they did say that they are currently working on it, and COVID-19 has held up the release because all the engineers are still working remotely.

so there is still hope out there for a 3.4 release... soon™️

Last edited:

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
just an FYI, those that are redownloading their files looks like thats a smart move, i just got this email from support after i contacted them about verifying i did indeed have 1.19 files and not downloaded and installed 1.18 again.

upload_2020-7-8_12-37-16.png

so, take that for what its worth, if i get new/updated info, i'll update here also
I got the same email. Once again downloaded the license file. Now when I insert my uSB into the car, NOTHING happens.

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
I got the same email. Once again downloaded the license file. Now when I insert my uSB into the car, NOTHING happens.
i had that problem at first too..

after a few restarts and then upon inserting the drive into the sync system, it finally started to recognize the drive.. but would throw errors. i ended up calling support and opened up a case # with them.. they had to send me a file that removed sync and had to reinstall it again.. i wonder if you're headed down the same path.

curious, when you downloaded the license file again, was it the same file name?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I replaced the license file and mine is doing the update now. I'll go for a drive in a few min and see what happens in an hour.

Sponsored

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
i had that problem at first too..

after a few restarts and then upon inserting the drive into the sync system, it finally started to recognize the drive.. but would throw errors. i ended up calling support and opened up a case # with them.. they had to send me a file that removed sync and had to reinstall it again.. i wonder if you're headed down the same path.

curious, when you downloaded the license file again, was it the same file name?
Yes, same file name

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Well, I checked the site again today and what do you know?!!.. after showing all last week my only option was the $40 USB purchase, I now have a free download option. I got the download on a 64G USB 3.0. My license file is labeled 4U5T-14G424-CC.TAR

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
Well, I checked the site again today and what do you know?!!.. after showing all last week my only option was the $40 USB purchase, I now have a free download option. I got the download on a 64G USB 3.0. My license file is labeled 4U5T-14G424-CC.TAR
Be wary......I did the install, and now I do not have navigation voice commands.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Just another proof of concept, sync 3.0,Nav update to 1.19

50091253701_3c66fef05a_z.jpg
20200708_121624 by chefjpd, on Flickr

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I just got this email from support after i contacted them about verifying i did indeed have 1.19 files and not downloaded and installed 1.18 again.
Hey, didn't really understand those instructions, but at any rate, I deleted the confirmation email after a successful installation, deleted the downloaded files, and also deleted the USB contents to put something else. So what the hell am I supposed to do? And should I do anything? My voice commands are working perfectly... although I rarely use them. I was one of the first to call customer support (they didn't know anything), but I never received any emails. Wonder if I should just tell them to give me an extra free upgrade, and leave it alone? Suggestions welcome :D.
Sponsored