Sponsored

Just out of curiosity what MPG are you people getting with your new GT 500's

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Funny, Earl, my buds and I were serious unicycle riders as kids...we rode those things for miles and miles. :-)

But, you're right and I think it was actually SOFTER on the unicycle...man, talk about SHARP vertical movements...OUCH!
Some trash bag stole my bike when I was a kid. My mom felt as though I needed to learn some kind of lesson so she wouldn't have anything to do with buying me another one. I was 9 years old. I had $50 that my grandmother gave me on the sly so along with a bucket full of change I had saved, was able to buy half a bike. A unicycle. I rode the shit out of that thing and still have it, 46 years later. Good times.
Sponsored

OP
OP
fastergt350

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I also use Sport and Track Exhaust but I have it start in Quiet for the neighbors and click the mode switch to MyMode when I pull out of the subdivision and go to Track exhaust.

I cannot use Sport Suspension, it's like riding in a covered wagon...and it hurts. :-) Heck, even Normal is brutal on our terribly bumpy roads down here. I do use Sport Steering.
My standard is Comfort Steering, Normal shock setting, Sport Exhaust (mostly) Quiet for when I leave for work @ 1:30 AM. I do have the JLT Big Air Intake Kit, once the car got used to it, mileage improved. Has anyone had the privilege of using the Slippery Setting (caught in some major rain a few times). It totally changes the dynamics of how the car handles, the sucker is not afraid of water on the road, makes you feel safe like a 4 wheel drive in deep snow, living here in Upstate NY I know both.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Some trash bag stole my bike when I was a kid
That is TOO funny, Tob! It sure was fun though, wasn't it? The ONLY problem with them is that you can't get very far very quickly. :-)

And you still HAVE IT! Amazing...happen to have a photo, Tob?

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
Me thinks your desert roads are a lot smoother than down here, Mark. Seriously, even in Normal, I have to slow to around 5kts to SURVIVE! :-)

Very similar mpg and total miles here, Mark.
Kent, just for the record, I don't live in the desert. I live at the base of the Sierra Nevada Mountains but yes the main roads are basically very smooth. No pot holes or ruts to drive on. Since it snows yearly, even if it is light snow, they keep the roads well paved. The roads in my rural neighborhood are a mix of blacktop and gravel but still smooth.

The type of roads aside, I think everyone has a different opinion of how the car rides in the different suspension modes. Even between my friends, I will have some that think it rides too stiff in normal mode and some think it is not stiff enough in track mode and these guys track their cars. Like anything else, we all have different opinions but I am glad there are the three different suspension settings that way most people can find one they like depending on the road conditions and type of driving they are doing.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is TOO funny, Tob! It sure was fun though, wasn't it? The ONLY problem with them is that you can't get very far very quickly. :-)

And you still HAVE IT! Amazing...happen to have a photo, Tob?
It's around here somewhere. I'll come up with something.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
The type of roads aside, I think everyone has a different opinion of how the car rides in the different suspension modes.
No question about that, Mark and I envy your roads even if they're not in the desert. <smile> Sorry about that.

Nonetheless, I am absolutely, positively CERTAIN that if you rode in my car on some of my roads, you'd agree that even Normal is too stiff down here. Sport or Track is fine on the highway though, just not these TERRIBLE back roads.

It's around here somewhere. I'll come up with something.
Tob: No sweat on the photo, I don't want you to fall off a ladder trying to get it off the ceiling. <smile>

But I took a look see with Mr. G. and found a photo that is nearly identical to the Scwhinn model I had except, mine was blue with a blue/white saddle. Sure could have used some of these KILLER soft saddles I have on my two-wheelers. :-)

upload_2020-7-8_9-39-17.png

ParsonsWV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2002 C5
Didn't read all the comments but if you are getting over 13 MPG quit being a granny. 13 is what I got in my gt350. When I get my 500 my goal is to get less MPG than my gt350. I enjoyed my gt350 so to enjoy the gt500 even more I have to get less MPG and entertain the neighborly animals at the zoo with more noise and quicker fly byes

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
That's me, Jaime! And thanks to the Plague from China, it only took three months and TWO online DE courses to get it off my dang record, too!

Haven't seen any of speed traps since the germ arrived but, while cruising down the highway a couple weeks ago, (and JUST about ready to get after it,) I see this black Sir Bourbon ahead of me turn on flashing, red and blue lights along the perimeter of the roof. <laughing> I'd never seen a unit with lights like that and obviously, the officer was sending me a message. <grin> I moved another lane right, accelerated a bit, and smiled as I waved "thank you." :-)

PS. Actually, another member was the first to get one, at least on the forum. :-)

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tob: No sweat on the photo, I don't want you to fall off a ladder trying to get it off the ceiling. <smile>

But I took a look see with Mr. G. and found a photo that is nearly identical to the Scwhinn model I had except, mine was blue with a blue/white saddle. Sure could have used some of these KILLER soft saddles I have on my two-wheelers. :-)
upload_2020-7-8_9-39-17.png
20200708_174038.jpg

20200708_180137.jpg

Needs work but I'm on it.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
<smiling widely>

Tob: I've come to believe that you actually suffer MORE from OCD than I. <still grinning> You can't help it...I know...I get it. :-)

Buffaloburg is obviously a lot less humid than here because that wheel looks almost like it just came out of the box. Had it been here, it would be brown after all that time.

BUT...you know what's coming, right?

We want a video of you riding it! <smile>

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll try.:)

Mine was evenly rusted with a light scale. Tire is somewhat dry rotted so hopefully it'll still hold air.

Chassis L0647

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
After around 5,100 miles, our GT500 is averaging 12.4 mpg. That includes a low of 7.8 (that was mostly running errands with a bit of fun) and a high of 21.6 where we squeezed out 314 miles on a single tank. That was a boring stint behind the wheel.

All our tanks have been run on 91 octane, because California.
Sponsored