Sponsored

Limited-Edition Shelby GT350, GT350R Heritage Edition Package

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT350, GT350R HEP, GT500 HE CFTP, 23 Raptor R
Hello all, I have been unwrapping the HEP slowly and the "R" splitter will be installed July 7th. I was lucky that Van Cleve Ford let me have the 350R HE with out a wash and complete PDI. Very Thankful that I could remove all stickers and plastic coverings myself at home. All these itemas have been packed away and into a file/book.

Question for current and future owners of HEP machines: On the inside of the windshield upper right did your car have a number like this in my photo? Ours shows E25 - 25 matches our chassis number.
One more Question: What would this large oval red sticker on the front windshield mean? Transport quick hint to drivers and loaders? Only have barely 200+ miles. Soon will get more set time, does have less Tram lining than our 2017 GT350 H4027. I did just install camber plates this spring.
20200626_173438[1].jpg
20200623_135852[1].jpg
Word on the street is that red dot means your car has COVID...

Just kidding!

My car didn’t have the red dot so someone else may be able to answer that mystery, but my car also was not dealer prepped in any way and I took tons of pics the day I bought it so I’m going to check for the green sticker and get back with you. I still have the factory markings on this car and my 2015. I clean around the gently when I do clean them. The 15 is almost 5 years old now so it’s a lot more difficult to keep them on there...
Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

slingblade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
Based on the information that you provided I suggest that our two cars may be coming out West on the same train as my car left the FRAP on Thursday, July 2nd and with Phoenix and Southern California being directly in line with each other there may be a good chance that they may be on the same train but obviously loaded on a different car number.

Will try to let you know where my car is today and then go from there.

:)
Definitely looking forward to it getting here. How soon do you plan on doing the painted stripes? I hope to do it sooner than later and am not opposed to a road trip to Phoenix for the right professional to do it if your dealer does it well. Which I am sure they will for you to have chosen them to do the job.

Sponsored

Frado

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350 Heritage Edition
Talk about a head turning compliment getting machine. Live in a small town and have had more people come up to me and comment on the car since Friday than all my other vehicles combined.

Oh and the glorious sounds this car makes. So much fun to drive and I still haven't broken 5500rpm.

DREAM MACHINE FOR SURE!!

For the guys still waiting its so so worth it !
250 miles on the odometer and so much fun already had can't wait for more.
20200705_154701.jpg

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Definitely looking forward to it getting here. How soon do you plan on doing the painted stripes? I hope to do it sooner than later and am not opposed to a road trip to Phoenix for the right professional to do it if your dealer does it well. Which I am sure they will for you to have chosen them to do the job.
If things go well my plans are to get the OTT painted stripes done sooner than later and by that I mean having them installed as soon as the car arrives at the dealership and once the car has been prepped at the dealership service department.

Based on my experience the longer any 3M OTT vinyl stripes stays on one of our vehicles especially where the sun can bake the adhesive onto the top section of the car the more difficult it is to remove much of the stripe adhesive therefore the sooner we do this the better at least in my opinion.

After some lengthy discussions I have total confidence that they will do a very good job for me and of course I made it very clear to the senior management of the dealership and to the body shop manager that with this being the only HEP R coming to Arizona up to this point we cannot afford any mess ups and they totally get that.

Also, with our front chin spoiler arriving in the front passengers seat and not installed at the FRAP I thought that it would be another good reason to replace the vinyl stripes with painted OTT stripes prior to having the front chin spoiler getting permanently installed.

Of course the rear CF wing will have to come off along with the navigation antenna on the back of the roof will also have to come off which means that the headliner will also have to be removed on our cars.

Have you approached Kearny Mesa Ford with respect to getting your vinyl stripes removed and replaced with painted stripes at their location?

slingblade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
If things go well my plans are to get the OTT painted stripes done sooner than later and by that I mean having them installed as soon as the car arrives at the dealership and once the car has been prepped at the dealership service department.

Based on my experience the longer any 3M OTT vinyl stripes stays on one of our vehicles especially where the sun can bake the adhesive onto the top section of the car the more difficult it is to remove much of the stripe adhesive therefore the sooner we do this the better at least in my opinion.

After some lengthy discussions I have total confidence that they will do a very good job for me and of course I made it very clear to the senior management of the dealership and to the body shop manager that with this being the only HEP R coming to Arizona up to this point we cannot afford any mess ups and they totally get that.

Also, with our front chin spoiler arriving in the front passengers seat and not installed at the FRAP I thought that it would be another good reason to replace the vinyl stripes with painted OTT stripes prior to having the front chin spoiler getting permanently installed.

Of course the rear CF wing will have to come off along with the navigation antenna on the back of the roof will also have to come off which means that the headliner will also have to be removed on our cars.

Have you approached Kearny Mesa Ford with respect to getting your vinyl stripes removed and replaced with painted stripes at their location?
That is kind of where I am as wanting to wait to install things like front splitters only having to remove them again for any kind of paint work. I figure the less you mess with things the better off it all will be with less potential to break things in the removal and reinstall process. As far as Kearny Mesa, I never really thought to have them deal with it because the dealership is kind of a low overhead type of place. They move a good amount of cars it seems as evidence by their ability to get GT500s and R allocations, but I'm not sure what they have in ways of a collision center on site or if they outsource that type of work. One auto body place I went to, didn't really want to deal with it and I am glad he was at least upfront with me instead of taking it on. I have another place I may go check with to see what they have to say. Just haven't got out to talk to too many places based on my work schedule and the state of the current world. I will get something figured out though. Congrats to you and thanks for all of your very informative and thoughtful posts on the forum. Always enjoy reading your insight and perspective on things.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
That is kind of where I am as wanting to wait to install things like front splitters only having to remove them again for any kind of paint work. I figure the less you mess with things the better off it all will be with less potential to break things in the removal and reinstall process. As far as Kearny Mesa, I never really thought to have them deal with it because the dealership is kind of a low overhead type of place. They move a good amount of cars it seems as evidence by their ability to get GT500s and R allocations, but I'm not sure what they have in ways of a collision center on site or if they outsource that type of work. One auto body place I went to, didn't really want to deal with it and I am glad he was at least upfront with me instead of taking it on. I have another place I may go check with to see what they have to say. Just haven't got out to talk to too many places based on my work schedule and the state of the current world. I will get something figured out though. Congrats to you and thanks for all of your very informative and thoughtful posts on the forum. Always enjoy reading your insight and perspective on things.
Totally agreed that the less messing around with installing items such as front chin spoilers and then having them removed in order to take off vinyl stripes and then reinstalling them after painted stripes done only adds to the potential for things to go wrong.

I remember taking off some vinyl stripes from an earlier car due to imperfections and it was not an easy job as they got baked on the roof pretty good from excessive heat therefore the sooner that we remove them the better in order to go forward.

Appreciate your kind comments and also enjoy reading many other posts from enthusiasts such as yourself who have a great deal to offer based on their experiences and knowledge for all things Mustang!

There are a tremendous number of knowledgeable enthusiasts on this forum and at the end of the day we are all here to learn from each others experiences in order to help make our GT350/R's a better overall driving and ownership experience.

:like::like:

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Talk about a head turning compliment getting machine. Live in a small town and have had more people come up to me and comment on the car since Friday than all my other vehicles combined.

Oh and the glorious sounds this car makes. So much fun to drive and I still haven't broken 5500rpm.

DREAM MACHINE FOR SURE!!

For the guys still waiting its so so worth it !
250 miles on the odometer and so much fun already had can't wait for more.
20200705_154701.jpg
Did you do something the fuel cap? It looks like its chrome

Sponsored

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
This one is blowing my mind. Guardsman Blue 20x11 / 20x11.5 Signature Wheel Track Series SV503.

Harass @20RHeritage heritage for more photos. I know I will be....

7282F10F-0EBD-469E-A83E-346669A8E46B.jpeg
D6EB890C-6DF0-4E5D-A80F-A4328133B023.jpeg

BostonDMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2009 Porsche 911 CS, 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C, 2017 Jeep SRT, 1998 Porsche Boxster (race car), 2017 Audi Allroad, 1998 Mercedes GL450, 2016 Subaru crosstrek
This one is blowing my mind. Guardsman Blue 20x11 / 20x11.5 Signature Wheel Track Series SV503.

Harass @20RHeritage heritage for more photos. I know I will be....

7282F10F-0EBD-469E-A83E-346669A8E46B.jpeg
D6EB890C-6DF0-4E5D-A80F-A4328133B023.jpeg
Could you PM me info. with pricing? Thanks!

Doran

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350, 2017 gt350. 2007 gt500 2005 gt
My car’s status has went from “released”,To transit stages “passing arrival” to”passing” and now “received”.Does this seem like the proper order? I was reading a post on another forum that suggests that “ received “ is the initial stage of transit not the end. Sure hoping not.
Now see my eta has been moved out a week as well.
Sponsored

Last edited: