E85 reliability and warranty

PeterJohn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I’ve been thinking about making the switch to E85 but want to know about the reliability. Also what is it going to do for the engine in the long term and what would I gain power wise? I added an aftermarket steering wheel as well but see some saying it doesn’t fully void the warranty.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
but see some saying it doesn’t fully void the warranty.
Depending on the dealer going to any tune will most likely kill your powertrain warranty. I've been tempted on more than one occasion but I do not have the bucks to replace an engine if need be.

OP
OP

PeterJohn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Depending on the dealer going to any tune will most likely kill your powertrain warranty. I've been tempted on more than one occasion but I do not have the bucks to replace an engine if need be.
Thinking similarly. I’m leaving the steering wheel and my tools in the trunk for a quick swap in case of an emergency. With a tune I’ve read that you can go back to stock and somehow hide the evidence. Is their any legitimacy to that?

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
I've been running strictly on E85 for 16 months with no problem so far. Gained 39
HP & 39 TQ at the wheels with just a catback, high flow air filter and an AED tune.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Thinking similarly. I’m leaving the steering wheel and my tools in the trunk for a quick swap in case of an emergency. With a tune I’ve read that you can go back to stock and somehow hide the evidence. Is their any legitimacy to that?
Depends on who you talk to. Some say you can fool the counter, others swear it is not possible. Remember also if you're running E85 you have to empty your gas tank when you remove the tune.

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Rolled 35k yesterday. Been tuned on e85 for 30k of that. Once you try ethanol you'll never go back to pump gas. No reliability issues for me yet. Warranty issues will be up to your dealer. They might take care of small issues that arise but doubtful they'll replace an engine without looking into whether or not you've been tuned in the past. Use one of the big tuners and you shouldn't have much to worry about.

Armageddon Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leroy
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo 2014 Mustang GT
Good information!

I've been running strictly on E85 for 16 months with no problem so far. Gained 39
HP & 39 TQ at the wheels with just a catback, high flow air filter and an AED tune.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
Better for the motor to have 100 plus octane, no knock, and cooler burning cylinders. No brainer...

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
A dedicated E85 tune is 100% reliable and benefits you, your car, and the environment. It will never be detected by Ford because you will be able to Jedi Mind Trick the service advisor.
47l416.jpg
Sponsored