Getting ready to buy 2020 GT350

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
. Although he may prefer the 10 speed auto for performance reasons (it will be much faster with forced induction).
....and will blow the gearbox much quicker than a manual. With a manual, the clutch is slipping. Ok, 1000 bucks job or thereabouts :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
....and will blow the gearbox much quicker than a manual. With a manual, the clutch is slipping. Ok, 1000 bucks job or thereabouts :)
I'm all manual! I get the automatics are quicker, but to me a sports car isn't a sports car if you're not fully engaged with the vehicle. Funny thing is I feel scared driving high powered automatics, it's as if you don't have as much control over the car.

When in doubt, manual it out! lol

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The Mach I just doesn't doing anything for me appearance wise. It just looks like a 2018-2020 GT/Bullet mod job gone wrong....
sorry, just my opinion. I think the appearance, styling of the 350 is about as good as it gets for a modern Mustang. The only thing that might look sexier is a late 60's fast back restomod..
4b9b64aaae950c74967b04c8ae6a7695.jpg
2017_ford_mustang-pic-8290833389462351829-1024x768.jpeg

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Hello Everyone!

I currently have a 2018 GT PP1 and will be parting with this car soon. I am now thinking about getting a GT350 2020 to replace the GT. However, I am a bit concerned hearing all the Gen I motors quitting on their owners. Has there been any issues with the 2019-2020 motors having same issues? Or are these Gen II solid motors now? If I pull the trigger on one, I plan on adding a whipple to it later on, as I hear they can handle 12psi on stock internals. I'm debating between this or the Mach1 instead since it will have the Tremec in it from factory and just supercharge that one.
I have owned many cars over the years, like others on this site. The GT350 is a great car at a reasonable price. Even lots of deals on low milage used ones. Many will tell you just get an extended warranty if your keeping it past the original warranty.

OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I have owned many cars over the years, like others on this site. The GT350 is a great car at a reasonable price. Even lots of deals on low milage used ones. Many will tell you just get an extended warranty if your keeping it past the original warranty.
My plan is to keep it for about 3 years, if the car continues to be enjoyable I'll keep it for longer. I think I'm pretty much sold on the GT350 for 2019-2020 year model. I appreciate everyone's input on here for this, and it helped clear my doubts about the motor.

Sponsored

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
My plan is to keep it for about 3 years, if the car continues to be enjoyable I'll keep it for longer. I think I'm pretty much sold on the GT350 for 2019-2020 year model. I appreciate everyone's input on here for this, and it helped clear my doubts about the motor.
I found out with the Ford extended warranty it will only cost you more to wait and get it later if you put lots of miles on it. I purchased an extended warranty on a previous Shelby when it was new and then checked after two years at 3700 miles and the price was the same. On my 2019 I'm going to wait and see how long I keep it, as you described.
Best of luck and I know you will enjoy your Shelby. One last thing, check around with other Shelby guys in your area. A good service dealer is great to know of if you ever need service or repairs. In the past I called the service manager and asked for a senior mechanic and told them I didn't mind if that took a little more time. That seemed to get me good results. By the way I did the same thing with surgery.

OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I found out with the Ford extended warranty it will only cost you more to wait and get it later if you put lots of miles on it. I purchased an extended warranty on a previous Shelby when it was new and then checked after two years at 3700 miles and the price was the same. On my 2019 I'm going to wait and see how long I keep it, as you described.
Best of luck and I know you will enjoy your Shelby. One last thing, check around with other Shelby guys in your area. A good service dealer is great to know of if you ever need service or repairs. In the past I called the service manager and asked for a senior mechanic and told them I didn't mind if that took a little more time. That seemed to get me good results. By the way I did the same thing with surgery.
Good Pointers! I found some guys with Shelby's in my local cars and coffee events. Anything in particular I should look for when test driving them?

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Good Pointers! I found some guys with Shelby's in my local cars and coffee events. Anything in particular I should look for when test driving them?
I think the usual things. Try to take time to look over everything. Inside and out. I like to have the hood open and stand next to a front fender when someone else starts the engine. Hopefully the engine doesn't make any knocking sounds before the oil gets to full pressure. No smoke out the back and on the test drive everything is smooth with no strange vibration or sounds. The GT350 will rattle anything that is loose. One person on this site recently had an O2 sensor make a concerning rattle. Simple fix after checking under the car where the noise was coming from. Kind of rare but things do come loose.
Sponsored