FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have zero concerns if it can’t bend my lid, otherwise I’d take the small gap over the old struts functionally.

But I don’t really want it permenantly bending the lid. But yeah, I’m still happy.

Just wonder if the no spoiler option may of been better
Sponsored

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
I removed the set I bought from them for 2 reasons: the raised deck lid made it look like it was lined up by a blind dude, the second reason is: the deck lid pop up functioned perfectly, the issue was closing the deck lid. I had difficulty, wife found it too be impossible to shut.

So, with all the difficulties with these gas struts posted here, what is the next step with the supplier: Steeda?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
It is a little tough to close and I can relate to why you remove them.

I removed the set I bought from them for 2 reasons: the raised deck lid made it look like it was lined up by a blind dude, the second reason is: the deck lid pop up functioned perfectly, the issue was closing the deck lid. I had difficulty, wife found it too be impossible to shut.

So, with all the difficulties with these gas struts posted here, what is the next step with the supplier: Steeda?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
It can be tough to close to a degree, but my biggest beef is that my decklid/latch rattles due to so much upward force applied to it when closed. I can only back out the bumpers so far.....

I like the function but I'm honestly wishing I hadn't tossed the OEM ones at the moment. Great idea in theory but.....

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
It can be tough to close to a degree, but my biggest beef is that my decklid/latch rattles due to so much upward force applied to it when closed. I can only back out the bumpers so far.....

I like the function but I'm honestly wishing I hadn't tossed the OEM ones at the moment. Great idea in theory but.....
How much are stock ones? I kinda tossed mine too

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

No clue at the moment.
Here you go.
B266D9F7-098D-44F4-926C-71BD9ACABF80.jpeg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

Wonder how much pressure the struts are producing when fully compressed. To date, I’m not having any of these issues. I wonder if the additional pressure these struts have are exacerbating issues that were preexisting.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Wonder how much pressure the struts are producing when fully compressed. To date, I’m not having any of these issues. I wonder if the additional pressure these struts have are exacerbating issues that were preexisting.
Such as? Terrible panel fit? Because my car has plenty of that....

I had no issues before installing the struts. Now I do. Simple deduction by my engineer brain. I think they're a little too stout for the application (I have the no-spoiler ones with a GT350 spoiler).

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Such as? Terrible panel fit? Because my car has plenty of that....

I had no issues before installing the struts. Now I do. Simple deduction by my engineer brain. I think they're a little too stout for the application (I have the no-spoiler ones with a GT350 spoiler).
Was just speculation on my part. But you make a good point. I originally had the light ones with my CS spoiler and they didn’t work. The heavy ones work find. Wonder if there is too much variance in the struts.

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All:

We are re-looking into this again today with our engineering team - we have a handful of cars at our shop in Valdosta, GA - we are going to re-test them & see if there is another outcome & provide feedback this afternoon.

Unfortunately, the feedback of what some are experiencing ... what others are not experiencing & what we have tested is difficult to draw a conclusion from all the info that is present.

Best Regards,

TJ

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Hello All:

We are re-looking into this again today with our engineering team - we have a handful of cars at our shop in Valdosta, GA - we are going to re-test them & see if there is another outcome & provide feedback this afternoon.

Unfortunately, the feedback of what some are experiencing ... what others are not experiencing & what we have tested is difficult to draw a conclusion from all the info that is present.

Best Regards,

TJ
Hi TJ, can you tell us how much pressure your struts are exerting when fully compressed as opposed to the OEM struts?

Osofast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium
Vehicle Showcase
Was going to purchase these, but can someone tell me if these are returnable if I put them on and they make the lid stick up?
Sponsored