Sponsored

What does a long tube header “tick” sound like?

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Wondering. I think the sound I hear is the “normal” ticking sound of a gen3 coyote just wondering because it does tick a little bit, butI really only hear when I’m near a wall and when I accelerate a little bit it gets a little faster. Regardless is a header tick even a problem if that’s what I’m hearing? I never hear it from with inside the cabin and do not really hear it unless I’m close to a wall. Which I heard kinda prior to the header install. Lol. But honestly it seems like if it is header tick from the many things I’ve read it’s normal and pretty much expected due to the thinner than stock steel of the headers. which I don’t think it is. I personally think it’s coyote tick. Just wanted to be educated a little. lol.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like a sewing machine.
The issue is the coyote gen3 also sounds like that lol. So it’s difficult to know. There’s no way to really fix that from what I understand correct? It’s just a thing to deal with from what I read. I honestly am not bothered by it.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Header noise is more ofa ping than a tick.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Dunno. Mine almost sounds like a slight exhaust leak under mid throttle or so. Be checking mine over soon

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dunno. Mine almost sounds like a slight exhaust leak under mid throttle or so. Be checking mine over soon
Yeah. I hear that a lot. I think my sound is simply the nice tick the coyote makes. Lol.
Sponsored