Upgrading to Sync 3.4

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Yep; called again and advised that initial advice did not work; got a case logged on and escalated to Sync map support team... Wohoo; feels like progress now :)
Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Yep; called again and advised that initial advice did not work; got a case logged on and escalated to Sync map support team... Wohoo; feels like progress now :)
Something must have worked... I clicked on the link in the confirmation email just now, the one that allows you to download a second time. I downloaded the license file again, and this time I got a file with the catchy name of JR3T-14G424-CE.TAR.GZ. Note that "CD" has become "CE". I bunged it into the USB stick and plugged it into the car and the update started just like it's supposed to. I cancelled out because I didn't have an hour to wait, but I'll run it tomorrow.

So, if you have a confirming email for the 1.19 map update, download the license file again and if you get JR3T-14G424-CE.TAR.GZ, then you'll be able to complete the install. The map file didn't change - it's just that the license is the right one this time.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Something must have worked... I clicked on the link in the confirmation email just now, the one that allows you to download a second time. I downloaded the license file again, and this time I got a file with the catchy name of JR3T-14G424-CE.TAR.GZ. Note that "CD" has become "CE". I bunged it into the USB stick and plugged it into the car and the update started just like it's supposed to. I cancelled out because I didn't have an hour to wait, but I'll run it tomorrow.

So, if you have a confirming email for the 1.19 map update, download the license file again and if you get JR3T-14G424-CE.TAR.GZ, then you'll be able to complete the install. The map file didn't change - it's just that the license is the right one this time.
You are right! It did change to -CE instead of CD... Will try later again.

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
WHA? that crazy, good eye and great catch @JAJ

hopefully this gets you guys sorted

Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
It is happening now... stand by.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
About 50 min later, done. All good. I left the car with ignition on and a Ctek charger attached; came back in the office to work, and about 50 min later went back to check it.

It was all off, so I wondered a bit what happened... but turning ignition on, Sync had that little arrow which said it has been updated, and maps are showing 1 19.

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
About 50 min later, done. All good. I left the car with ignition on and a Ctek charger attached; came back in the office to work, and about 50 min later went back to check it.

It was all off, so I wondered a bit what happened... but turning ignition on, Sync had that little arrow which said it has been updated, and maps are showing 1 19.
so weird..

glad you finally got sorted!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Sorry, can you please remind us again what version/build # of SYNC3 are you running.

Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
well damn, i was under the impression that this particular maps wouldnt even go on a pre 3.3 system considering the instructions say you must be at least 3.3 or later, the zip file says "post 3.2" etc etc.. (again with the instructions LOL :crazy: )

so perhaps, these guys who are seeing the 1.19NA in their sync info are all on sync 3.0? i see what you were getting out now @Bikeman315

in anycase, i reached out to the support person who helped me originally, inquiring about why after the update my system still says 1.18, while others are reporting 1.19, and how could i verify that i did indeed have 1.19.

hopefully i get some info, and they dont tell me to open another ticket...

we will see

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
For what it's worth, on my file downloads, the name was "SyncPre32", so for systems prior to 3.2.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
well damn, i was under the impression that this particular maps wouldnt even go on a pre 3.3 system considering the instructions say you must be at least 3.3 or later, the zip file says "post 3.2" etc etc.. (again with the instructions LOL :crazy: )

so perhaps, these guys who are seeing the 1.19NA in their sync info are all on sync 3.0? i see what you were getting out now @Bikeman315

in anycase, i reached out to the support person who helped me originally, inquiring about why after the update my system still says 1.18, while others are reporting 1.19, and how could i verify that i did indeed have 1.19.

hopefully i get some info, and they dont tell me to open another ticket...

we will see
I expect your system is saying 1.18 because the 1.19 maps didn't install. Do the following three steps and try it again:

1. Open the Order Confirmation email from [email protected], click on the "if you need to download again" link and download just the license file again. No need to download the maps. Check that the new file is JR3T-14G424-CE.TAR.GZ with "CE" where the previous license file had "CD".

2. Open the USB stick that has the maps on it in your file explorer, open the SyncMyRide folder and delete the previous JR3T-14G424-CD.TAR.GZ file.

3. Copy the new JR3T-14G424-CE.TAR.GZ license file to the SyncMyRide folder.

You're ready to head back out to your car and try again.
Sponsored