Sponsored

New 19' GT350R... with no carbon wing?...

TMully06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2017 F80 M3, 2020 Lincoln Navigator Black Label

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
For whatever reason it looks like the dealer hasn't installed the spoilers.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Stumbled across this today while looking at R's for sale across the country... anyone know the story on this car? Been produced for almost a year... missing wing and had a regular front lip on it... dealer modified?... factory error?...

https://www.harlanmotor.com/Vehicle...Shelby_GT350R_Fastback-Okmulgee-OK/4242847123
A great looking vehicle but obviously the FRAP and in particular the Mod Shop fell asleep on this car as not only was this car shipped out without the CF wing but if you look closely at the one picture this vehicle was also shipped without having the rear seat delete installed!!:inspect:

The Window Sticker shows a Blend Date of August 8th, 2019 and a chassis number of KR725 shown on one of the pictures.

Also with the stance of this vehicle I suggest that the polyurethane shipping blocks are still sitting in the springs of this car.

This R model would have been one of that last ~85 R models built for the 2019 MY and certainly quality control did not come into play with the build for this R model!:giggle:

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
I am not going to lie - that looks super cool! The subtlety of it is great, sort of like a 911 GT3 Touring vs the regular GT3.

But, as others have pointed out, that's pretty ridiculous QC to get shipped without the rear seat delete, no wing, wrong splitter, etc. Would be curious to hear the story from that dealership.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
LOL it even has a non-R front splitter installed. this is hilarious, truly one of the funniest QC issues i've seen for a new R...
Great catch young fellow as I got so caught up with the rear seat delete missing and the rear CF wing missing that I missed the wrong chin spoiler being installed on this car as well!

OP
OP
TMully06

TMully06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2017 F80 M3, 2020 Lincoln Navigator Black Label
Great catch young fellow as I got so caught up with the rear seat delete missing and the rear CF wing missing that I missed the wrong chin spoiler being installed on this car as well!
I had caught the chin spoiler but had totally missed the rear seat delete!... Nice eye! ... this has to be an all time worst QC to come out of the mod-shop... I do kinda like the look though... will it be collectible? I know I have seen another one missing the spoiler a couple years ago...

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
So here’s my question... shouldn’t that dealer sell that car below MSRP as the buyer would have to install those at some point... correct?

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So here’s my question... shouldn’t that dealer sell that car below MSRP as the buyer would have to install those at some point... correct?
My concern would be what other items may have been missed that may not be so obvious. Though guessing the assembly line got it right and the mod shop made the errors or maybe it never made it to the mod shop!

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Certainly agree with you comments.

Having said that it is my understanding that this dealer did a trade/swap with a dealer from Kansas around last Christmas and this is how this R model arrived from the dealer in Kansas.

How is that for a nice dealer trade and suggest that the Kansas dealer could not ship it to the new dealer fast enough!!

It is also my understanding that the CF wing, rear seat delete and front chin spoiler has been ordered and will be installed at the new selling dealership.

That aside I agree that this R model should be sold at MSRP at best or less than MSRP based on the initial baggage that this R model carries.

:sunglasses:

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
A Plain Jane R. Would be so cool to have the build sheet that was delete all of the missing items. reminds me of Plain Jane Boss 302's back in the day, flat hood (no shaker) no rear deck spoiler, no power steering, radio delete, no console, no rear window louvers, steel wheels with dog dish hub caps, & last but not least one mirror being drivers side! Find this Boss 302 today & it will command a bit of premium $$$ !

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
...used with 11 miles? Makes no sense. Bought it, pulled out the rear seat delete, wing, and R front spoiler, then sold it?

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Oh and for the other high value item... the rear seat delete, that disappeared along with the wing like a fart in the air.

Who's gonna call the dealership and get the story?
Already did... ain’t selling it until it gets all R parts installed... I definitely don’t want the dealership installing the parts... they can’t even get an oil change right.

The owner refuses to sell “as is”.
Sponsored