90% of my Cervinis GT500 hood arrived today

Scott413

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Some of it looks good but just like the hood there are several sections where it looks like they let a child learn how to paint for the first time. The vents themselves are naturally semi gloss and there’s a few spots where you can see right through the matte finish to the glossy surface area. I expected a lot better for the money and from the company. I feel like this is what I would have gotten had I went with one of the I5 Autohaus or similar company options, but now I’m not so sure Cervinis was any better.
You wouldn't want to go through I-5. I placed my order on March 24 and am still waiting. Freaking ridiculous. I was about to cancel my order with them until I saw this thread. If I buy the unpainted and have it sent to my local body shop, is that the way to go?
Sponsored

OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
You wouldn't want to go through I-5. I placed my order on March 24 and am still waiting. Freaking ridiculous. I was about to cancel my order with them until I saw this thread. If I buy the unpainted and have it sent to my local body shop, is that the way to go?
I would strongly advise against getting their paint and then pray to god you have no workmanship defects because the manager Jim Frie is apparently unable to see such things with his eyes.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Update: manager Jim still insists he can’t physically see any defects in the paint. Seriously. But they did offer a shipping refund and a $100 store credit. I politely questioned his visual acuity then filed a BBB complaint and for a refund on my card. Also, he accused me of slander, but clearly doesn’t know the definition of the word since everything I’ve stated is true and supported by evidence.
Good for you bro.
That hood isn't cheap, plus the money and time for the install. You should be getting a good product regardless.
Good luck and keep us posted.

OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
Good for you bro.
That hood isn't cheap, plus the money and time for the install. You should be getting a good product regardless.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Yeah it’s a shame. I had it parked out in the sun today for the first time, and in addition to all the known defects, the clear coat is so screwed up, it’s straight up embarrassing. The entirety of the clear coat is swirled, not sure if they made a piss poor attempt to buff it when they were finished but it’s BAD. Created an almost holographic effect where the swirls look like they’re floating over the hood. All part of the inconvenience package. In any case, the PayPal case was closed because I didn’t ship the hood back, but the BBB case is ongoing and my card company refunded the entire amount in the interim, despite me advising that the paint and shipping only totaled $765. Will see where that all ends up.

sy1462

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Well hell... really wanted this hood but don’t need the hassle. Gonna stick with the stock hood for now... see if they can pull things back together at some point. Looks like maybe they got too far behind and are rushing production? $2k too much to spend to be frustrated. Hope all finishes well OP.

Sponsored

karbate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
I've ordered a Cervini Stalker Hood painted by them 3 weeks ago and coming across this I'm scared of how it's gonna turn out lol. Should I cancel it? It was like $1500 painted with tax

OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
I've ordered a Cervini Stalker Hood painted by them 3 weeks ago and coming across this I'm scared of how it's gonna turn out lol. Should I cancel it? It was like $1500 painted with tax
The physical hood itself on mine was good, no major defects, it’s just the paint. The stalker is a nice looking hood, if you can’t live without it, I would strongly consider requesting an unpainted hood and let someone local to you that knows what they’re doing paint it. The paint/finish is that bad.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Received my entire hood and center section. Center section looked very nice. I should install the hood today or tomorrow and get a good look at the paint.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
It actually looks pretty slick like that. Too bad it didn't have a glass over that area like the LS9 LSx cars or VMP's TRACK ATTACK car.
That looks like a Kenne Bell blower too. Very nice.
Tempered glass would look good.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Told my hood is painted and just needs to clear quality control. Should ship by Friday. Crossing my fingers it all shows up and in good condition.

Sponsored
OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
Told my hood is painted and just needs to clear quality control. Should ship by Friday. Crossing my fingers it all shows up and in good condition.
I would safely assume they have no quality control, friend.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I never got notice of shipment yesterday as I was told I should so I wonder if something was wrong with it or their just delaying.
I know when it comes to painting whoever is doing it makes a major difference. How many they have doing it I have no idea. For them to tell me they are waiting on quality check and see this story does show they don't have one or someone is just pushing things through. I've heard so many good stories and some bad. You think they'd strive for all good.

OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
I never got notice of shipment yesterday as I was told I should so I wonder if something was wrong with it or their just delaying.
I know when it comes to painting whoever is doing it makes a major difference. How many they have doing it I have no idea. For them to tell me they are waiting on quality check and see this story does show they don't have one or someone is just pushing things through. I've heard so many good stories and some bad. You think they'd strive for all good.
If they had a quality control department, there’s no way my hood would look the way it did. If they do have one, quality control would be a terrible name for their department. To be fair, every time I was told an item would ship that day it typically shipped the next business day, with the exception of my hood vents. They were supposed to be shipped separate from the hood due to a paint delay, ultimately ended up shipping with the hood despite Cervinis telling me otherwise (probably because the hood shipped a business day later than they promised), then when I went to pick it all up because their freight company refused to deliver after I paid for it, there were no vents to be seen. So the next week I spoke to Heather and Jim who both told me they would ship that day via Fed Ex express. They shipped the next day via regular Fed Ex ground and took a week to arrive, only to have the paint be shit too. So, they’re following their MO to a T. Good luck on the paint, hoping for the best for you.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I've heard so many good stories and some bad. You think they'd strive for all good.
Same here.
You would think that they would strive for good reviews. But, in today's day and age, for some reason, it's hard to get great customer service from some companies. Unfortunately.
Only when you bitch and complain do they try to make things right. It shouldn't have to be that way.

It also sounds like they didn't ship your hood yet either if you don't/can't get a tracking number for it yet.
Good luck!

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
I ordered this same hood and have posted pictures of it in the other original gt500 hood thread. I have Royal Crimson paint and ordered mine painted from them after I got some crazy high quotes locally to paint it. I was fortunate that my hood showed up in great condition and the paint matched very well and in good condition.

That said, their customer service stinks and I'm not sure that I would purchase from them again based on my experiences calling their CS twice.

I hope you get your issue resolved.
Sponsored