Need some wisdom. PP1 air splitter on non PP1 GT

2016 GT/CS Laila

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4, 2018 Taurus
I recently ordered a 2020 Mustang Premium in Rapid Red with Black Accent package; dealer says it’s about 8 weeks out. As you know that means no PP1 so I plan on modding the air splitter and was considering the PP1. I like the idea of keeping it Ford. Other than the splitter and stone guard (belly pan) is there anything else involved.
Sponsored

Gbk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I recently ordered a 2020 Mustang Premium in Rapid Red with Black Accent package; dealer says it’s about 8 weeks out. As you know that means no PP1 so I plan on modding the air splitter and was considering the PP1. I like the idea of keeping it Ford. Other than the splitter and stone guard (belly pan) is there anything else involved.
If you're gonna get a PP1 splitter you might as well get the pp2 extension with that said, if you don't already have a PP1 there's so many better options out there for less money.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
i have the gt premium and my buddy has the pp1. parked next to each other you cant notice the difference in the spliters unless you are really looking. I personally wouldn't get a pp1 as its not really much if any difference for the money. I would look for something that makes a noticeable difference.

OP
OP
2016 GT/CS Laila

2016 GT/CS Laila

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
i have the gt premium and my buddy has the pp1. parked next to each other you cant notice the difference in the spliters unless you are really looking. I personally wouldn't get a pp1 as its not really much if any difference for the money. I would look for something that makes a noticeable difference.
I was down at my dealership yesterday getting an update on my order and had a chance to compare side by side. It looks like the PP1 extends about an inch more than the non PP1 and would help balance the Ford GT350 Track Pack spoiler I also plan adding. My current other choice is the RTR spoiler that I found on American Muscle but both would require the stone guard (belly pan).

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I was down at my dealership yesterday getting an update on my order and had a chance to compare side by side. It looks like the PP1 extends about an inch more than the non PP1 and would help balance the Ford GT350 Track Pack spoiler I also plan adding. My current other choice is the RTR spoiler that I found on American Muscle but both would require the stone guard (belly pan).
sorry Im doing like a thousand things and i worded my response poorly. Yeah there is a difference but what I meant was they are identical and the pp1 one Unless side by side you cant really tell a difference as the pp1 splitter is really just a tad longer with no other difference. Not really much of a difference to drop that much coin in my opinion. And seems like if you are gonna spend the money may as well get something that doesn't look identical.

Sponsored

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I’d have to agree. The pp1 spoiler is hardly an upgrade to justify its price. But I guess if have money you just have to burn sure why not. But the difference between to two is so tiny I don’t see how it balances things out like you state. Like others have said there are far better options out there.

OP
OP
2016 GT/CS Laila

2016 GT/CS Laila

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
sorry Im doing like a thousand things and i worded my response poorly. Yeah there is a difference but what I meant was they are identical and the pp1 one Unless side by side you cant really tell a difference as the pp1 splitter is really just a tad longer with no other difference. Not really much of a difference to drop that much coin in my opinion. And seems like if you are gonna spend the money may as well get something that doesn't look identical.
Your response was fine,I know what you meant. If you don't see them together you really have to ask yourself what the difference is between the two. I guess my main question should have been about the belly pan. It seems that most of the spoilers out there are for the performance pack cars. So are there any differences other than the pan itself and is it a direct bolt on?

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Your response was fine,I know what you meant. If you don't see them together you really have to ask yourself what the difference is between the two. I guess my main question should have been about the belly pan. It seems that most of the spoilers out there are for the performance pack cars. So are there any differences other than the pan itself and is it a direct bolt on?
Yes the pp mustangs have a different belly pan. The pan has brake cooling vents to funnel air to cool the brakes. I’m not 100% if the bolt alignment is the same as the non pp belly pan.

Gbk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I purchased the PP2 splitter..... But I already have a PP1, if I didn't I'd definitely go with an RTR splitter as my first choice, a Roush with the fender wings as a second choice or even a MMD as a third choice.

P.S. I also purchased the GT350 track pack spoiler from Ford, left it black. It doesn't match my shadow black car but it's not very noticeable unless you really stare at it.

OP
OP
2016 GT/CS Laila

2016 GT/CS Laila

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
I purchased the PP2 splitter..... But I already have a PP1, if I didn't I'd definitely go with an RTR splitter as my first choice, a Roush with the fender wings as a second choice or even a MMD as a third choice.

P.S. I also purchased the GT350 track pack spoiler from Ford, left it black. It doesn't match my shadow black car but it's not very noticeable unless you really stare at it.
Yeah, I have the spoiler on my Eco. Absolute Black definitively looks weaker than Shadow Black in certain lighting.

Sponsored

Gbk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I have the spoiler on my Eco. Absolute Black definitively looks weaker than Shadow Black in certain lighting.
True. But if you don't tell anyone I doubt anyone will notice at a glance lol at least that's what I told myself to feel better!

OP
OP
2016 GT/CS Laila

2016 GT/CS Laila

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
True. But if you don't tell anyone I doubt anyone will notice at a glance lol at least that's what I told myself to feel better!
Only time I notice it is when the sun shines through the garage window in the morning : )

OP
OP
2016 GT/CS Laila

2016 GT/CS Laila

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)