AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Yeah I mean, that sounds good but at X cost , and effort hahah
Well not really. 18+ requires no hardware upgrades. Just different tune. Mpg is lower but cost of e is also significantly less than pump.
Sponsored

OP
OP
KT3

KT3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay m
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Completely agree but OP originally wanted to attempt non e. Just wanting options explored.
I’m planning on getting a S/C in the future anyways and running 94 pump will be all I need. I don’t need to make stupid power. i’ll be happy with 800-900 on pump

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I’m planning on getting a S/C in the future anyways and running 94 pump will be all I need. I don’t need to make stupid power. i’ll be happy with 800-900 on pump
Assuming at the wheels not crank, to make those numbers on SC you'll also want e fyi. 650-750 is really the upper end of pump running safely (there are examples of higher but most tuners would not recommend for reliability).

My statement about hardware requirements previously was NA. On a SC upgraded fuel system would be required for e.

OP
OP
KT3

KT3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay m
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Assuming at the wheels not crank, to make those numbers on SC you'll also want e fyi. 650-750 is really the upper end of pump running safely (there are examples of higher but most tuners would not recommend for reliability).

My statement about hardware requirements previously was NA. On a SC upgraded fuel system would be required for e.

Sorry i was talking about to the crank hahaha. But yeah, i mean 700+ Whp is the goal

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Sorry i was talking about to the crank hahaha. But yeah, i mean 700+ Whp is the goal
Ah no worries within scope then!

Sponsored

OP
OP
KT3

KT3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay m
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Ah no worries within scope then!
Yeah i mean like i said, if i’m making 700 to the wheel here, they’ll treat me like jesus.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Yeah i live in Canada man, this isn’t texas lol. I’ll be King of the road in most areas with FBO. Once i go boosted i’m gonna raise hell
Ha, you're right about power output being regional. In Houston I feel like you need 700 rwhp w/ drag radials to play. Here in Boise? A few bolt ons with an A10 will make you top 1%. Not a ton of very high powered cars in the NW in general. I occasionally see a Hellcat, ZL1, older Shelby GT500s, Shelby GT350, C7 Z06, M4, M5, RS5, AMGs, Porsche 911 Turbos, C6 Z06, etc., and I've seen one McLaren 570 and one Lamborghini Huracan. I also once saw a turbocharged Viper GTS. But most times I'll go weeks between seeing a car that I know will gap me on the street (there may be sleepers out there that I don't notice as well). I've never seen a C7 ZR1, '20 Shelby GT500, Demon, etc., on the road. I saw a C7 ZR1 at a Boise Cars and Coffee, but he wasn't driving around.

Add to the fact that with my current setup w/ the A10, I can hang with most and beat some of those RWD cars on the street at sane speeds due to traction limitations anyway. I raced a Hellcat once while bone stock 10-45 and it was a draw. Anyway, 490 rwhp is a good amount w/ the A10 in a place where there aren't a ton of very quick cars.

OP
OP
KT3

KT3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay m
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Ha, you're right about power output being regional. In Houston I feel like you need 700 rwhp w/ drag radials to play. Here in Boise? A few bolt ons with an A10 will make you top 1%. Not a ton of very high powered cars in the NW in general. I occasionally see a Hellcat, ZL1, older Shelby GT500s, Shelby GT350, C7 Z06, M4, M5, RS5, AMGs, Porsche 911 Turbos, C6 Z06, etc., and I've seen one McLaren 570 and one Lamborghini Huracan. I also once saw a turbocharged Viper GTS. But most times I'll go weeks between seeing a car that I know will gap me on the street (there may be sleepers out there that I don't notice as well). I've never seen a C7 ZR1, '20 Shelby GT500, Demon, etc., on the road. I saw a C7 ZR1 at a Boise Cars and Coffee, but he wasn't driving around.

Add to the fact that with my current setup w/ the A10, I can hang with most and beat some of those RWD cars on the street at sane speeds due to traction limitations anyway. I raced a Hellcat once while bone stock 10-45 and it was a draw. Anyway, 490 rwhp is a good amount w/ the A10 in a place where there aren't a ton of very quick cars.

Exactly hahahah - It’s going to be easy

Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
In the Grand Strand area we have too many tourist and construction people to be able to enjoy over 500 HP at the wheel or crank

Jhonda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
Gotta agree with e85 being awesome. Even if you have to order a 55 gallon barrel for the track or fun runs. I made 470Whp and 440wtq on e85 Lund tune injen cai and a Xpipe. I hope I get another 10 with a mbrp cat back I ordered but it want be till after Christmas before it ships.
I’m far from the fastest in my area but I haven’t been beat yet.🤫

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Am I the only one that thinks 490whp with bolts on and non E85 is not realistic?

I've also read posts earlier stating he doesn't need to make crazy numbers?? I remember people barely break 500whp with full bolt ons and a CJ on E85...did something change...

I've seen plenty of FBO cars on 94 make 460-470whp, I haven't seen any make 490. Dyno's are only tools anyway. If he comes back with 490who dyno sheets, he should trap an easy 122. That's what matters to me, not a graph on a sheet of paper.

Also, he doesn't want anything crazy guys - he wants 800-900whp on 94 octane on a stock bottom end. Those number can be done, but its not a simple setup to say the least.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Am I the only one that thinks 490whp with bolts on and non E85 is not realistic?

I've also read posts earlier stating he doesn't need to make crazy numbers?? I remember people barely break 500whp with full bolt ons and a CJ on E85...did something change...

I've seen plenty of FBO cars on 94 make 460-470whp, I haven't seen any make 490. Dyno's are only tools anyway. If he comes back with 490who dyno sheets, he should trap an easy 122. That's what matters to me, not a graph on a sheet of paper.

Also, he doesn't want anything crazy guys - he wants 800-900whp on 94 octane on a stock bottom end. Those number can be done, but its not a simple setup to say the least.
I don't think the non e85 goal will be reached, but if it is then even better. I will say it's much easier to to get there with it than without.

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I don't think the non e85 goal will be reached, but if it is then even better. I will say it's much easier to to get there with it than without.
I would agree. I did just recently see a 2019 car with a CJ, long tubes, no cats, 3 inch exhaust and dyno max bullets hit 478whp. It was screaming and had every inch thrown at it to get that power. That dyno is fairly accurate and a good tuner.
Sponsored