350 Gone...

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Do I need the nastang87xx Copyright Disclaimer since I added the "-isk" at the end?
His call. But every time I see his avatar I laugh-snort.
Sponsored

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Understand the uniqueness of the FPC. May be in a small minority but nevertheless would truly love to see a non-supercharged 5.2l CPC that revs to 7500 with similar hp to the FPC and better torque curve (after all how many really/frequently take the FPC to 8250) in everything else the GT350 is from Ford. Was hoping the Mach1 would be it but sadly not.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Understand the uniqueness of the FPC. May be in a small minority but nevertheless would truly love to see a non-supercharged 5.2l CPC that revs to 7500 with similar hp to the FPC and better torque curve (after all how many really/frequently take the FPC to 8250) in everything else the GT350 is from Ford. Was hoping the Mach1 would be it but sadly not.
I can appreciate that, but a run-of-the-mill CPC doesn’t excite me as this engine does. I have to say, the Roadrunner was my favorite Ford V8 ever... that Boss 302 sings like no other song. But when that Hummingbird flew... damn.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
gt350 is the best looking Mustang i've ever seen. I was never really a fan of Mustangs before i got this one. Even the gt500 doesn't do it for me. The Mach 1 is a hard no as well.
Just wanted to say that I love your car and that GT350 vinyl side stripe and that is the best looking GT350 I've seen :like:

Skyblue is my favorite color. If I didn't get the Heritage Edition I would want a GT350 in that color.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Face it. GT350 S550 models have lost their luster. It's too easy to spend a fraction of the money to create a GT S550 that will out perform a GT350. Add to this the arrival of the GT500 and the elites dump their now antiquated but once coveted S550 GT350's and 13/14 GT500's for the latest and greatest to keep up with the Jones'.
Any car this long into it’s lifecycle when they make a lot of them loses its luster to some. Not t me. This car is way more special than any PP1 GT I have driven. Voodoo aside, the Tremec gearbox and magnetic ride and all the coolers are a huge difference maker. You can’t easily slap a Tremec in a GT and magnetic dampers and adding all the coolers is very expensive after the fact and you have no warranty. Now throw the Voodoo in and you have a much more special car. The GT is a good value but its biggest flaws we’re addressed with the GT350 for me. If you drive a 350 back to back with any other Mustang variant it’s a whole different experience and car. And you can slap a turbo or supercharger on a 350 just like you can a regular Mustang to are it faster if you want.

Sponsored

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I have been a big fan of the GT350 since it’s return in 2015. There is a special history with the car and the man himself, Carroll Shelby. I had a taste of the Shelby legend during the 80’s when he was with the Chrysler Corporation. With the adjustments made for the MY 2020 R’s, I was compelled for a serious look. I also was highly suspicious that the MY 2020 would be the last as well as encroaching regulations will be a challenge for future generations of the traditional internal combustible engine. I dunno just my 2 cents.
I had my car at the detailers the other day. He loved my car but he looked at the license plate frame that i had and he said, "but you need to get rid of this". I looked at him like he was crazy and then he said "Who is Carol?" The empathy i had for this man...

s-l1600.jpg

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
As I recall, the 350 and the 500 do not run concurrently. When one is released, the other is phased out.
To be accurate, the original versions ran concurrently from 1967-70, with Ford taking over production from Shelby in '68. With regular Mustang performance improvements closing the gap on the seemingly watered down Ford version of the Shelby's, the GT350 lost relevance in the market line up, if not the general public. With 351 and big block powered Mach1's hitting the streets in '69, both Shelby models began to seem like overpriced stripes and appearance packages compared to the performance that was available in a Mustang without the Shelby premium added to price. With Ford soley in control of the product line, the new Boss models took top spot as performance flagship over the Shelby's in both the small and big block variety. Ford's only other attempt at a GT350 prior to the S550 was the '84 convertible, which was literally nothing more than a badge and stripes package, and resulted in a lawsuit with Shelby American over use of the name. The 2011 GT350, as well as all Shelby GT and Hertz Shelby's were all produced at/by Shelby American as add-on packages to enhance the Ford built Mustang. When Ford began producing the GT500 again in 2007, that name was chosen to represent the top level performance available in a Mustang because of the heritage of the original GT500 as top dog, and get people to pay a premium price for the car that they otherwise wouldn't do without it having the Shelby name on it. They reverted back to the 350 name with the S550 because of a renewed focus on real road course capabilities, and marketing was more able to capitalize on the roots of the GT350 for that type of product more than the brute force acceleration the 500 was known for.

The bottom line is that it's all about the marketing.
Sponsored