Sponsored

Air filter

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
May be a dumb question, but when shopping for an air filter do we buy for our model year in GT or in GT350 since the Bullitt has the 350 CAI ?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Those oiled racing filters filter for crap. If you live or travel to dusty areas, I'd think twice about compromising my engine with crap like that. Your engine DOES NOT NEED any more air than the stock filter provides. It even provides all the air a GT350 5.2L revving to 8,200 rpm needs, so there's absolutely no question it's more that sufficient for a 5.0L revving to 7,400. They're great racing filters, but lousy street filters; don't understand why people can't see that they don't need those filters at all, but to each his own. I'm surprised (and not in a good way) the power marketing has in this country :D.

SVTchris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
1993 SVT Mustang Cobra, 2004 SVT F-150 Lightning, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
For the record, the filter in the link is a dry filter.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Airaid makes both, so maybe that one is the dry version, but the logic still applies. You don't need a racing filter on a stock engine, especially the Bullitt (which shares the filter of a larger engine with a higher rpm limit), period. There's no free lunch: If a filter allows more air (that your engine does NOT need), then it allows more dirt. That's okay for a racing engine that gets rebuilt in a few thousand miles at best. But not for a street engine which is supposed to last at least 100K miles. But again, it's your cars guys, so if you want to pretend your car gained HP using crap like that, while ingesting harmful contaminants, the more power to you :D.

OP
OP

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just want a red filter

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Why red ?

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
:sunglasses: Works for me !:handsinair:

Blownfx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullit
Vehicle Showcase
Airaid makes both, so maybe that one is the dry version, but the logic still applies. You don't need a racing filter on a stock engine, especially the Bullitt (which shares the filter of a larger engine with a higher rpm limit), period. There's no free lunch: If a filter allows more air (that your engine does NOT need), then it allows more dirt. That's okay for a racing engine that gets rebuilt in a few thousand miles at best. But not for a street engine which is supposed to last at least 100K miles. But again, it's your cars guys, so if you want to pretend your car gained HP using crap like that, while ingesting harmful contaminants, the more power to you :D.
I like the way you think!
Sponsored